The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

NA PC lag in Cyrodil

crowfl56
crowfl56
✭✭✭✭✭
Now I do realize this subject has been beat to death, but the only way ZOS is going to, at least try and fix this lag problem and quit ignoring all the posts, is to keep posting.

Yes, the lag has gotten much much worse, and the current fix, has players using search function in the Guild tab "G" bring up rooster, then type your @name, thus your game stops updating the guild info constantly, it does work, but only if the "lag makers", we all know which faction and guilds use this exploit.

This lag storm doesn't seem to stop a char completely, but you can't use abilities, switch bars, basicly you can only use lite attackes and move around.

Oh, and then, lets keep a char in combat forever, GD it.

ZOS how about you folks please explain your lack of success on these problems. Just let people know a bit more than "We are aware of the problem" canned answer :(.
  • Stebarnz
    Stebarnz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    THEY. DONT. CARE.
    btw buy crates.
  • crowfl56
    crowfl56
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stebarnz wrote: »
    THEY. DONT. CARE.
    btw buy crates.

LOL and the crates = junk, and not worth buying.
  • Jurand80
    Jurand80
    ✭✭✭✭
    but you still need them to easy your lag pains. DO IT
  • oxygen_thief
    oxygen_thief
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    omg lag in cyrodil? its unbelievable! how is it lagging? are you playing with a group or alone?
  • Dojohoda
    Dojohoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    A few Points

1. Ride to defend a keep, game freezes upon arrival.
    2. Port to a keep where other people are fighting, game freezes.
    3. When not frozen, game is a slideshow during a fight, large or small.

Fight, a euphemism, since skills do not always work, bars might not switch, and wrong weapons are usually displayed.

PC na vivic, prime time
    Fan of playing magblade since 2015. (PC NA)
    Might be joking in comments.
    -->(((Cyrodiil)))<--
  • ThePlayer
    ThePlayer
    ✭✭✭✭
    EU PC, right now not only in Cyrodiil lag, if they not improve the system they going to lose players and money, already some of my guild left after the steam problem...
  • crowfl56
    crowfl56
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dojohoda wrote: »
    A few Points

1. Ride to defend a keep, game freezes upon arrival.
    2. Port to a keep where other people are fighting, game freezes.
    3. When not frozen, game is a slideshow during a fight, large or small.

Fight, a euphemism, since skills do not always work, bars might not switch, and wrong weapons are usually displayed.

PC na vivic, prime time

Actually its much much worse than that too :(.
  • Moloch1514
    Moloch1514
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Used the guild trick, ran to Sejanus, instantly was logged out of game. This is pathetic ZOS!

But please continue re-skinning the lame bear lizards!

Have some pride in your game @ZOS_MattFiror geez.
    Edited by Moloch1514 on December 9, 2018 8:25PM
    PC-NA
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It has been exceptionally bad the past few weeks. And then they skip regular maint to “fix” the dungeon group finder. The more people unsub till they get their act together the better. Seriously it’s the only argument they’ll understand.
  • MajBludd
    MajBludd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It's good fun! Flailing around, not sure if you are even hitting anybody or if you are actually dead
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MajBludd wrote: »
    It's good fun! Flailing around, not sure if you are even hitting anybody or if you are actually dead

Yesterday on off hours in vivec PC/NA, so about two bars across, I was at the new outpost up by DClaw alone defending against maybe 8 EP. I had run up to the top of the stairs (EP were down on flags) and for no reason whatsoever, I flew straight up in the air and then slid “down” the stairs (about two character lengths above them). And I’d say this is just one weird incident that definitely takes the cake for my own personal server performance experience in the last couple of weeks, but was by no means the only instance of just wtf-ness.
  • MajBludd
    MajBludd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Lol, yes. It's funny but at the same time just sad that the servers still have problems.
  • GlorphNoldorin
    GlorphNoldorin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Whats funny and sad is the ....sound of crickets........... from zos on these long running issues
  • Grimm13
    Grimm13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Read this thread, not ZOS does respond on page three and a player developed a addon to automatically apply the temp fix told in OP. Manual fix also works on all platforms to mitigate effects of roster bug. All this was out before your OP and it may possibly fix what is being complained about.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/448084/psa-a-simple-trick-to-help-reduce-lag/p1

(Nobody reads anymore...)
    Edited by Grimm13 on December 10, 2018 9:54AM
    https://sparkforautism.org/

Season of DraggingOn
    It's your choice on how you vote with your $

PC-NA
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Grimm13 wrote: »
    Read this thread, not ZOS does respond on page three and a player developed a addon to automatically apply the temp fix told in OP. Manual fix also works on all platforms to mitigate effects of roster bug. All this was out before your OP and it may possibly fix what is being complained about.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/448084/psa-a-simple-trick-to-help-reduce-lag/p1

That doesn’t help actual server lag and the ping spikes which have been awful for a few weeks.
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Vapirko wrote: »

Yesterday on off hours in vivec PC/NA, so about two bars across, I was at the new outpost up by DClaw alone defending against maybe 8 EP. I had run up to the top of the stairs (EP were down on flags) and for no reason whatsoever, I flew straight up in the air and then slid “down” the stairs (about two character lengths above them). And I’d say this is just one weird incident that definitely takes the cake for my own personal server performance experience in the last couple of weeks, but was by no means the only instance of just wtf-ness.

Could have been lagged Sellistrix effect. Apparently it's not making sounds or showing an effect when its laggy. And yes, it makes you flop to the ground if the hit is delayed from lag.
  • Grimm13
    Grimm13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vapirko wrote: »
    Grimm13 wrote: »

That doesn’t help actual server lag and the ping spikes which have been awful for a few weeks.

I suggest it because if you remove a known variable such as unnecessary cpu load, then you can rule it out and get to the rest of the problems. Until then it leaves a question of how much is it adding to the situation.

Edit: Those that have BiS equipment or say it's the Servers, your systems might be able to handle the extra load. You are still contributing to poor Server performance as your systems continue to do unnecessary guild roster updates. unless you eliminate this you can not say there is no effect on the servers stopping this. We can not measure the traffic transfer of the game as it a TOS violation. But we can do all things known on our side to mitigate problems.
    Edited by Grimm13 on December 10, 2018 1:09PM
    https://sparkforautism.org/

Season of DraggingOn
    It's your choice on how you vote with your $

PC-NA
  • Palidon
    Palidon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Simple solution to ZOS inability to address or even fix the ongoing lag and combat bug in Cyrodiil.

1. If you have a subscription cancel it.
    2. Move on to another game.

PvP was the big selling point for their game when it first came out. Now it is riddled with bugs and performance issues.
    I for one am not going to deal with the Cyrodiil problems that have existed for years especially when ZOS has turned a blind eye to the player complaints and done absolutely nothing.

Question to ask yourself is How Long Am I Going To Put Up With It?

There are other games out there to play.

• technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's so frustrating. I spend most of the night looking for those large scale battles I remember even from a year or 2 ago, never mind the ones from launch. Finally get in one and suddenly everyone stops moving for a few minutes, then I hit the log in screen. And of course it will fail to log back in over and over until the fight is over and I'm back at our gate.

Spent log in time yesterday looking for a different game to play
  • MajBludd
    MajBludd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This actually sucks. Lmao, I just moved to Vivec permanently and now people are leaving because of the performance.

If all the good pvp players leave who will beat me to a pulp and teach me to get better, seriously?

If not for pvp I would have quit this game in the first year.
  • Suddwrath
    Suddwrath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Stebarnz wrote: »
    THEY. DONT. CARE.

If you need any more evidence that they don't care, this is from Gina:
    2ov3xEu.png
  • MajBludd
    MajBludd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @SaltySudd that's very bad, right there.

@ZOS_GinaBruno. I wouldn't joke about the games performance as you may lose some more revenue from your lost customers.

It's like me building a garage for a customer. The roof leaks, meh, you should see the leak in my roof!
    Not so funny?

The fact that lag has become a joke amongst you shows a disconnect from what your customers consider a large problem.

You provide a service many of us pay for and the fact that the performance has become a joke is just a slap in the face to those that do spend money in this game.

It seems lately, businesses forget who makes them a profitable business, The customers.
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@ZOS_GinaBruno. I wouldn't joke about the games performance as you may lose some more revenue from your lost customers.

It's like me building a garage for a customer. The roof leaks, meh, you should see the leak in my roof!
    Not so funny?

The fact that lag has become a joke amongst you shows a disconnect from what your customers consider a large problem.

You provide a service many of us pay for and the fact that the performance has become a joke is just a slap in the face to those that do spend money in this game.

It seems lately, businesses forget who makes them a profitable business, The customers.

If she were the one responsible for game performance, or any component of development, sure. But as the Community Manager she's just a mouthpiece, who tries to inject her information with lightheadedness and humor. It's not a big deal, don't try to make it one.

The devs however should be embarrassed about the state of the game. I suppose there's little incentive to fix things though when Firor's only focus is on number of accounts (seriously Matt, get a new talking point. The overfocus on that one stat is tired) and the board only wants to hear about revenue projections.
    Edited by Reverb on December 10, 2018 1:45PM
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • The_Brosteen
    The_Brosteen
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Not so funny?

I knew a guy who called out a zos employee for being unprofessional and got a 3 day forum ban for it, so be careful. Also I might get one too for bringing it up. But that quote is ridiculous, most businesses aren't cool with you joking about the firms short commings.
  • MajBludd
    MajBludd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm not worried if I get banned.

Also, I know she is the community manager and this was not a good response.

You don't joke about on going issues with your product.That's just bad business.

"We know the product has issues and we think it's funny enough to make light of it."

That's how I took it and I'm sure many more will because we feel the lag isn't a joke and many have left because of it.

So, @Reverb, do you think it warrants a joke or a serious response?

• Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You don't joke about on going issues with your product.That's just bad business.

"We know the product has issues and we think it's funny enough to make light of it."

That's how I took it and I'm sure many more will because we feel the lag isn't a joke and many have left because of it.

The performance issues warrant a real response and development course correction. But it’s not appropriate to expect that response to come from Gina, nor to judge her for failing to meet your apparent expectation of communicating only in dire serious tones because th game has problems.
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Aebaradath
    Aebaradath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ThePlayer wrote: »
    EU PC, right now not only in Cyrodiil lag, if they not improve the system they going to lose players and money, already some of my guild left after the steam problem...
    They won't care if the PvP player-base would leave en masse. They'll just try to band-aid the loss by rushing out more PvE content and cramming even more "shiny" stuff into their Crown Store/Gamble Crates.
  • Kagukan
    Kagukan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    While playing yesterday we were in a massive battle at BRK. Of course the lag came with that huge battle. It was chaotic, players are both sides running around the grounds in no organized fashion at all. I was tossing destructive reach at any enemy I came across. Nothing was happening though. No damage done, and no stun. UNTIL about 5 seconds later. It was actually kind of funny watching enemy characters getting knocked back and stunned out of no where.
  • Haashhtaag
    Haashhtaag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Reverb wrote: »

The performance issues warrant a real response and development course correction. But it’s not appropriate to expect that response to come from Gina, nor to judge her for failing to meet your apparent expectation of communicating only in dire serious tones because th game has problems.

Shall I refer you to her post regarding they acknowledge they haven’t communicated well and need to do a better job?
  • Iskras
    Iskras
    ✭✭✭
    Well... they seems dont care about it.

We have a lot of suggestions like 'less players', more servers, (campaigns)...but... they dont answer nothing and no one.

This is sad!