The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Wards failing to cast? — it's because ZOS left old PTS code in the game

TheYKcid
TheYKcid
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
During the early Murkmire PTS, two ward spells—Annulment & Conjured Ward—were given a 1s cast-time. Due to overwhelmingly negative feedback, this change was promptly reverted. However, it seems the code for this cast-time functionality was partially left within the live game, and is occasionally causing these two wards to glitch-out and fail to cast.

When this happens, your character gets stuck in the obsolete cast-time animation. This is very serious as your ward doesn't go up, potentially resulting in death. Here's some screenshots I grabbed in a BG today, the first time I've managed to capture evidence of this during combat:

adfFdcQ.png
kCVfWYa.png

Note the crouched "pooping" animation & soft glow around my character's hands—hallmarks of the PTS iteration of the skill.

From prior testing, this stuck-in-animation state can persist for 15-20 seconds or so, after which it automatically terminates. But it ends sooner if you perform another subsequent action.

I've reported a variant of this issue—and how to replicate it out-of-combat—in the past in this thread. However, only today did I manage to find proof that this also occurs spontaneously in-combat, and is the cause of the often-mention issue with shields refusing to fire. If you've been PvPing on a shield-using class since Murkmire landed, you probably know what I'm talking about (and likely died from it once or twice).

PS: Note this that doesn't affect any other shield ability in the game (tested), only these two that were meddled-with during Murkmire PTS—further evidence of this being the root cause of the issue.
Edited by TheYKcid on December 8, 2018 7:56AM
PC/NA — Daggerfall Covenant — BGs, Kaalgrontiid
Kalazar ChalhoubRedguard Nord Stamplar
Kalaron Caemor — Altmer Magsorc
Kalahad Cirith — Dunmer Magden
  • TheYKcid
    TheYKcid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom

srs combat bug pls fix
  • TheYKcid
    TheYKcid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Still not fixed nor acknowledged.

I literally had this bug occur no less than two times within a SINGLE duel yesterday (with the 2nd occurrence ultimately costing me the fight).
  • Suddwrath
    Suddwrath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I can confirm this as well.

@ZOS_GinaBruno this is a serious bug which can ruin no-death runs and fights in PvP. Is this being looked at by the devs? I haven't read any acknowledgement from ZOS yet that it's being looked at