Maintenance for the week of June 17:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – June 17, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – June 17, 10:00PM EDT (June 18, 2:00 UTC) - June 18, 5:00AM EDT (9:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – June 17, 10:00PM EDT (June 18, 2:00 UTC) - June 18, 5:00AM EDT (9:00 UTC)

What's the best horse mount?

Oberstein
Oberstein
✭✭✭
i am kinda new to game, horses in stable that priced 40k gold is like fat and sturdy not beautiful and don't like it, currently in crown store there is horse called snow-blanket sorrel horse priced with 1800 crown body itself looks fine but don't like color of it. Is there any horse like this that i missed? and what's your favorite horse?
History, like a human being, is thirsty when it wakes from its slumber…History wants to drink up an enormous amount of blood. And even if history has tired of drinking blood, that’s only in regards to the amount. But what about quality? The larger the sacrifice is, the more delighted the cruel gods will be.
  • gimpdrb14_ESO
    gimpdrb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    there is no best mount they are all the same.
    Options
  • Linaleah
    Linaleah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    all the mounts are standard in terms of their performance. there is no best. there is only "mount you like the look of" (incidentally, I disagree that stables horses are fat - I think they are very beautiful, especially black one)

you also get a free horse from level up rewards, to tide you over.

personaly, I don't have particular fave mounts, have collected a bunch of the years and just switch between them depending on a mood.

oh.. yeah, we have ongoing events to earn another in game mount - indrik. you may not be able to catch up this year though if you haven't done any other events, not sure how many tickets for the mount you can get during upcoming holiday event.
    dirty worthless casual.
    Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself. Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the ***
    Lois McMaster Bujold "A Civil Campaign"
    Options
  • ezio45
    ezio45
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Honestly i think the nightmare horse is still the best after all these yrs lol

would love to see an updated version with maybe a fire main that leaves fire foot prints (I like feeling like the cowboy ghost rider from the movie lol)
    Options
  • Enemoriana
    Enemoriana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sometimes there are. On Black Friday there was this one, for example.
    b5edc79a0710a13274de6261bd549e7a.jpg
    Later this will return for a while:
    043b201bd32e6e5a668a28a53fcd7b57.jpg

I like black horse that cost gold. I bought it in first month after release, and it's still main mount of my main character, even with having some crown and crate mounts.
    Though I would like to have black (just black, without stripes or any effects) with new model, but there was no such horse...
    Edited by Enemoriana on December 8, 2018 4:03AM
    • PC EU, @Enemoriana. Ru
    • My wishlist: crown crates, Lucky Cat Landing, atronach/crow/factotum merchant.
    • Houses: The Erstwhile Sanctuary. Everybody is welcomed! Here is video.
    • Luxury furniture is displayed in Forsaken Stronghold. Decorator default. Not luxury, but similar or close looking items marked with jester banners. Closed until ESO+ will be available again for Russia: without doubled limits there is not enough space.
    • Two years with no ESO+ available. Eternal thanks to people who gifted music boxes, my everlasting ESO passion!
    Options
  • MrGraves
    MrGraves
    ✭✭✭✭
    I like the skeletal horse but all the horses have...bad leg anatomy. If there was a horse that didn't maybe it would be the best horse.
    Options
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Level up rewards will give you a free plain brown horse.

But yeah, they all have the exact same stats, so it just depends on whatever one you think looks the nicest.
    Options
  • radiostar
    radiostar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm concerned none of my horses blink their eyes. Strange.
    "Billions upon Billions of Stars"
    Options
  • Strike_Maximus
    Strike_Maximus
    ✭✭✭
    These are the way the horses look if you don't like the one in the stables the body style of the snow-blanket sorrel horse is pretty much the only other horse option you get a free horse for leveling up but it will have the same body style as one in the stables.
    If you are dying for a unique "beautiful" horse buying one with crowns will most likely be your only option as of right now your only options are in the some things in crown store change somewhat often so maybe just roll with the free horse you will get from leveling (don't remember what level) and buy a better one when a different one hits the crown store.
    I personally love the imperial war horse. (not currently available)
    The only other thing i can think of is a horse out of a crown crate (witch are skinned differently most of the time) but most of the horses have the same body model.

This is a website with a list of all the mounts that have been at the game
    http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Mount_(Online)
    PC/NA/DC

CP 810
    Garin Maximus, Breton, Dragonknight, Confused (Crafter)
    Vertalius Maximus, Imperial, Templar, Tank
    Vistilia Maximus, Imperial, Magicka Templar, Healer
    Stormproof - Rowlan Maximus, Breton, Pet Sorc, DPS (MAIN)
    Theottus Maximus, Imperial, Stam night blade, DPS
    Stedus Maximus, Imperial, Magicka Templar, DPS
    Dexion Maximus, Imperial, Magicka Necromancer, DPS
    Options
  • BoneShatterer
    BoneShatterer
    ✭✭✭
    i will simply said this dont try to get in xzibit's show! no pimp my horse cuz cash shop is all about that.
    10k golds VS 15$ .... and thats for the cheapest mounts that costs 9$ but lowest crown purchase is 15 so...and the most expensive one is 30$ right now
    Options
  • Abigail
    Abigail
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you're looking for a beautiful horse in this game you're destined for disappointment. The individual who designed the models had obviously never seen a real horse. All of them are broken down in the haunches and the draught-horse model has the legs of a hippopotamus.
    Options
  • Vulsahdaal
    Vulsahdaal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As others mentioned, they are really all the same except looks, which is a matter of personal preference.
    For example, you dont care for the 'fat and sturdy' type horses, but I think theyre much nicer looking than the skinny ones.
    My favorite is the Yokudan Charger, which is the one my main uses.

inHBmao.jpg

I really did like the colors of the black fredas horse (one of the skinny and 'beautiful' set that you prefer), and was all set to purchase it until I saw the preview.

It looked to me as if my character was sitting on over size dog or something, the size proportions seem off to me on the horses of this body type.

k0XLd4A.jpg

So, I didnt buy it after all. But many others did. Again, its really only a matter of style and personal preference.
    Options
  • ProfessorKittyhawk
    ProfessorKittyhawk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Never understood why the cost of in game horses stayed the same after they made mounts nothing more than skins. I can understand the crown mounts being a little pricier because of special effects or whatever, but the original intent for the in game horses had to do with what stats were higher- speed, stamina, or carry capacity. So now you're literally spending several tens of thousands on a plain black or whatever horse with no additional perks.
    Options
  • phairdon
    phairdon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Mind Shriven & wild hunt horses.
    Your immersion is breaking my entitlement. Buff Sorc's. Darkshroud the cremator Death by furRubeus BlackFluffy knight BladesThe Fat PantherPsijic Fungal SausageFlesheater the VileCaspian Rafferty FernsbyArchfiend Warlock PiersThe Black BishopEvil Wizard Lizard (EU)Neberra Vestige Fajeon (EU)Salanis Deathstick (EU)Blood Mage Alchemist (EU)
    Options
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    radiostar wrote: »
    I'm concerned none of my horses blink their eyes. Strange.

I'm more concerned with all those dogs that have no teeth, but to each their own.
    Options
  • Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A senche
    Options
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Once upon a time there was a best horse but which horse was best depending on what you wanted. Horses only had 50 upgrades, not 150 as we have today.

iirc we would buy the light horse/bay dun horse if we wanted the fastest possible horse since it started with 25 speed so it ended up with 75 speed.

The Draft horse started with 10 carry capacity and the Gaited horse started with an additional 10 stamina for a total of 20.

The rest of the mounts did not have a bonus to anything.
    Options
  • Reistr_the_Unbroken
    Reistr_the_Unbroken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mind shriven horse is my main mount <3
    Options
  • Tevalaur
    Tevalaur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My favorite horse mount is the Nightmare Courser, although generally I'm far more of a senche person.
    Is Uncle John's band calling you? Do you daydream about Sugar Magnolias? Is your favorite sunflower a China Cat? Tired of Truckin' alone to Terrapin Station? If so, share some Space with other hippies & deadheads in the guild Sunshine Daydream! Send a message in game (PC-NA) to Kaibeth for your invitation.
    Options
  • O_LYKOS
    O_LYKOS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Snow blanket sorrel
    PC NA - GreggsSausageRoll
    Xbox NA - CinnamonRoll266
    Options
  • Vulsahdaal
    Vulsahdaal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Abigail wrote: »
    If you're looking for a beautiful horse in this game you're destined for disappointment. The individual who designed the models had obviously never seen a real horse. All of them are broken down in the haunches and the draught-horse model has the legs of a hippopotamus.

Well, I suspect has probably seen them but is much more familiar with dogs than horses.
    I figure he/she may have been trying to convey speed as a trait of these horses (as speed seems to be the most wanted and first leveled on ESO mounts) and based on what was familiar to them drew it that way.
    For example look at these pics:

Fast Horse:
    Ebx6AIe.jpg

Fast Dog:
    4FATwXe.jpg

And our Black Fredas horse:
    kBALO2b.jpg

If we note the structure of the neck (especially where it becomes skinny meeting the head), the haunches, back legs, etc.. to me, these appear much more like the dog than the horse.

So I can understand why you dont believe it looks like a real horse, because to me it doesnt either. OTOH I get around this by just telling myself this is Tamriel.
    Here in our world, horses dont sparkle, glow weird colors, or have flames or lightning shooting from their rear area (at least none Ive ever seen anyway).
    If I can accept these things in Tamriel, I guess I can accept there are breeds of horses that are really just large dogs with a horse head and tail and so have their own beauty, not to be compared with horses in real life.
    Options
  • Rake
    Rake
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    guar
    Options
  • Abigail
    Abigail
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Vulsahdaal

You're very charitable.

I'm sure you've observed the physiology of thoroughbreds and greyhounds in motion. The greyhound would make a most inconvenient mount. Just saying, but of course cats, wolves, etc would make equally ungainly mounts in other but a fantasy setting. My chief problem is having spent much of my life round horses. Seeing a "horse-dog" that hasn't the appropriate conformation of either is difficult for me to get my arms around. The horse in your ESO photo is too short-coupled to run well as a dog, where the greyhound's speed results chiefly from a long, whip-like back, and the horse should be driven by well-muscled hindquarters. At best, it's a frankenhorse, good for nothing at all. Ironic, since other species of mounts are done so well.
    Options
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Oberstein there are several other horses which use the same model as the Sorrel Blanket Horse, but with different coat patterns, but they're all limited time crown store mounts, so you'll have to look out for updates to the store for when one is released.

The next one to come back is the Winter Garland Dapple Gray, but that has a wreath around it's neck and bells on its tack which puts some people off getting it. There will be others sooner or later but it's difficult to say when.

The best option for you is possibly the White Gold Imperial Courser, because that looks like a plain, normal horse but using the skinner model:
    ON-mount-White-Gold_Imperial_Courser.jpg

As for my favourite? Hard to say but probably the White Mane, Shadowghost or the Dapple Grey Palfrey (which I'm annoyed I never got). But I like all my horses.
    Edited by Danikat on December 8, 2018 3:08PM
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
    Options
  • TheShadowScout
    TheShadowScout
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oberstein wrote: »
    What's the best horse mount?
    Just be happy ESO does not have the -worst- horse:
    36135984_183341375680951_4867112615488258048_n.jpg
    :p;):naughty:

Jokings aside, you may want to take a look at all the mounts, past and present:
    https://eso.mmo-fashion.com/category/database/item-type/mount/

And favorites... well, I suppose they always depend on the character in question, but for horses, I really do like the true ghost horse, because it looks like something my sorceror secondary characher might magic up to ride on:
    bcd7af0db3f8931b14bc95d370828759.jpg
    (But as I said, it really depends what fits best to each character)
    Options
  • ozm8ey
    ozm8ey
    ✭✭✭
    I like the tiger and that ice horse they're my favourite
    Options
  • Oberstein
    Oberstein
    ✭✭✭
    I like White Gold Imperial Courser, and that ghost horse.
    History, like a human being, is thirsty when it wakes from its slumber…History wants to drink up an enormous amount of blood. And even if history has tired of drinking blood, that’s only in regards to the amount. But what about quality? The larger the sacrifice is, the more delighted the cruel gods will be.
    Options
  • Treat
    Treat
    ✭✭✭
    I'll never use anything but my purple pony! :)
    @Treat
    The Harbinger of Cheer!!!!!
    Ankle Biters
    Options