The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Quesion about how much ZenOnline is affected by its partner companies?

LapisLazuli99
LapisLazuli99
✭✭✭
So ESO is my favorite game & the Dev team has become one of my favorites over the past couple years. So my question is with Bethesda adopting the new business model of setting themselves on fire will this effect Zen or ESO negatively in any way? Sorry but im not very educated on this type of subject and am just concerned
Xbox One - NA
GT - Lapis Lazuli 99

AD - Orc Dragonknight
AD - Breton Sorcerer
AD - High Elf Nightblade
AD - High Elf Templar
AD - Wood Elf Warden
AD - Khajiit Necromancer
AD - High Elf Arcanist
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zenimax is the Umbrella Company over which the various entities operate. The entities are for the most part separate There is some overlap with some things, probably some accounting and legal, but really, each company could operationally stand on its own with little or no loss in functionality.

Bethesda Game Studios developed FO76, and that is seperate from ZOS. So that gives you an idea of the integration, or lack there of between them.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Davor
    Davor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's hard to say or explain. They are the same company but yet separate companies. It started as Bethesda, then Zenimax was formed as a "shell company" (what ever that means) and Zenimax owns Bethesda as well as other game developers. You also have Bethesda Publishing as well that publishes Bethesda and other developer companies.

Simplest way is that just think of it as a family. They all live or work under the same roof, but do things differently. So just because Bethesda does something doesn't mean Zenimax Online (Studios) will do it. Just like how ESO has gambling loot boxes it's not in Fallout 76.

So will ZOS do what Bethesda does? Who knows. Since we have Gina on the forums here and Bethesda doesn't have anyone like that on their forums I don't think ZOS will be like Bethesda is right now. No guarantees though.

It all comes to the top management of Zenimax though. They tell what the developers to do. Now it's up to the developers to put out what they are told to do. So each developer will work a little differently.
    Not my quote but I love this saying

"I would pay It for support. But since they choosed we are just numbers and not customers, i dont mind if game and zos goes to oblivion"
  • LapisLazuli99
    LapisLazuli99
    ✭✭✭
    Thankyou for the explination =)
    Xbox One - NA
    GT - Lapis Lazuli 99

AD - Orc Dragonknight
    AD - Breton Sorcerer
    AD - High Elf Nightblade
    AD - High Elf Templar
    AD - Wood Elf Warden
    AD - Khajiit Necromancer