The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
In response to the ongoing issue, the North American PC/Mac megaserver is currently unavailable while we perform maintenance.
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

The new skins and body markings can't be used together.

ploddab16_ESO
ploddab16_ESO
✭✭✭
Dear Zenimax,

When you advertise things like the Bright-Throat and Dead-Water skins along with the Bright-Throat and Dead-Water body and face markings, can you at least make sure that they can be used together? It's a real punch in the gut to realize I've just sunk £50 into your gambling crates for things that aren't even usable with each other. While I shall, from this point forwards, not be sinking any more money into your system, I would very much like for you to actually fix the things you're putting in these gambling crates so that they're actually somewhat worth the cost expended in attaining them.

Regards,
A severely disappointed customer.
  • gepe87
    gepe87
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Try a refund :)
    Gepe, Dunmer MagSorc Pact Grand Overlord | Gaepe, Bosmer MagSorc Dominion General

If you see edits on my replies: typos. English isn't my main language
  • Atallanta
    Atallanta
    ✭✭✭✭
    Could someone post a picture of these new skins pls? I’m at work and dying of curiosity ^^
  • ploddab16_ESO
    ploddab16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    gepe87 wrote: »

Alas, if only I could. Sadly I do believe that in ZOS's TOS when buying crowns, it explicitly states that refunds aren't to be given and that any financial commitment is final.

@ZOS_GinaBruno , is there any chance we may soon get an update as to why the items you are effectively advertising as a set (due to the names of said items) aren't functioning together? I'm hopeful that this is a bug that's been missed by your QA team, and that it will be rectified shortly, especially due to the sheer amount of money someone can throw at your system to attempt to obtain the items in question.
  • nerfworthy
    nerfworthy
    ✭✭✭
    I'm sorry OP, but they did answer this question in the thread announcing the contents of the crate a few days ago. You had access to this information if you had just looked for it. Someone else asked if they could be used together and they said no.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/448201/official-discussion-thread-for-introducing-the-xanmeer-crown-crate-season/p1
    gepe87 wrote: »

Alas, if only I could. Sadly I do believe that in ZOS's TOS when buying crowns, it explicitly states that refunds aren't to be given and that any financial commitment is final.

@ZOS_GinaBruno , is there any chance we may soon get an update as to why the items you are effectively advertising as a set (due to the names of said items) aren't functioning together? I'm hopeful that this is a bug that's been missed by your QA team, and that it will be rectified shortly, especially due to the sheer amount of money someone can throw at your system to attempt to obtain the items in question.

Also, you do have a one time refund for any crown purchase. I have personally taken advantage of this.
    Edited by nerfworthy on December 6, 2018 4:12PM
    MagWarden main and a Dunmer enthusiast!
  • HanzeeBokeem
    HanzeeBokeem
    ✭✭✭
    This was asked and answered in the Official Discussion Thread for "Introducing the Xanmeer Crown Crate Season" would have been nice if you could use them together.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/5646985/#Comment_5646985
  • RoyalPink06
    RoyalPink06
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nevermind....misread OP
    Edited by RoyalPink06 on December 6, 2018 4:19PM
    NA PS4
  • ploddab16_ESO
    ploddab16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    This was asked and answered in the Official Discussion Thread for "Introducing the Xanmeer Crown Crate Season" would have been nice if you could use them together.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/5646985/#Comment_5646985

I bought those crates without ever looking in the forum threads. Nor should I have had to look at a forum thread when they are being advertised in game. I looked at what was available in the in game crown store selection. Unless there's a big ol' marking in there saying 'THIS DOES NOT WORK WITH ANY BODY OR HEAD MARKING' then they don't really have a leg to stand on, because it's not entirely reasonable to tell someone it was clarified about twenty two posts into a forum thread.
  • ploddab16_ESO
    ploddab16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Also, I would add, why exactly is the Crown Crate showcase description not pinned where it belongs, in the Crown Store forum? I had no idea this thread even existed because you cannot see it from this page, where any logic would tell you it should be placed or at least pinned.
  • Bleakraven
    Bleakraven
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's ridiculous! Not only can we not use the markings and skin together, the markings also completely remove the scales/pattern from your argonian.

These crates, despite being argonian themed, are absolutely not working with argonian players.

Take a look at my character as it is normally vs with the markings from the crate:

My character normally: 52ca92b2bea949f77605037aa766cf1a.jpg

And my character with the new markings from the crate: e85bee2d15a354f7c281c7f73012702a.jpg
  • TelvanniWizard
    TelvanniWizard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Bleakraven wrote: »
    It's ridiculous! Not only can we not use the markings and skin together, the markings also completely remove the scales/pattern from your argonian.

These crates, despite being argonian themed, are absolutely not working with argonian players.

Take a look at my character as it is normally vs with the markings from the crate:

My character normally: 52ca92b2bea949f77605037aa766cf1a.jpg

And my character with the new markings from the crate: e85bee2d15a354f7c281c7f73012702a.jpg

That´s a shame. It looses all the interest if you cannot combine the new skins with your scales patern. What´s the point?
  • whitecrow
    whitecrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Bleakraven wrote: »

It is same for Khajiit. I only use face markings on her as they do not remove the natural patterns.
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Can other tattoos be used with skins? If not, then I'm not sure why anyone would expect these to, just because they both say Dead-Water.

If other skins in the game work with tattoos, then I can understand the expectation. But just because you assumed something, doesn't mean that it was so, or that ZOS should have anticipated your assumption and put up a big neon sign before purchasing a crate that skins and tattoos wouldn't work together.

Presuming you can get a refund, I assume you'll forfeit all the collectibles you got as well as any gems you extracted. Do you really not want them at all? Also, maybe ZOS can fix this, as it does seem ridiculous that tattoos would remove the normal scales from an Argonian, or apparently the fur pattern from a Khajiit. I'd never heard of this before, and I wonder if anyone had brought it to their attention in the past. But, maybe skins with tattoos isn't something they can fix, but if they can, I do agree that they should. Maybe hold on for now and see what happens.
    Edited by Jayne_Doe on December 6, 2018 7:42PM
  • SHADOW2KK
    SHADOW2KK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ZoS at its finest, even messing up Crown Store stuff, truly their talent is eternal. :p
    Once I was a lamb, playing in a green field. Then the wolves came. Now I am an eagle and I fly in a different universe.

Been taking heads since TeS 3 Morrowind..

Been enjoying PvP tears since 2014

LvL 50 - Dragon Knight EP [PC-EU] = Illuvutar = Ex The Wabbajack = (Stam DK)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Legendary Blades = Evil Ninja/Dueller = (StamBlade)
    LvL 50 - Sorcerer DC [PC-EU] = Daemon Lord = (Mag Sorc)
    LvL 50 - Dragon Knight DC [PC-EU] = Khal-Bladez = (Mag DK)
    LvL 50 - Dragon Knight DC [PC-EU] = Tenakha Khan = (Stam DK)
    LvL 50 - Templar DC [PC-EU]] = Blades The Disgruntled = (Stamplar)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Ghost Blades = (Assassin)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Malekith The Shadow = (Mag NB)
    LvL 50 - Warden DC [PC-EU] = Crimson Blades = (Stamden)

Guild Master of The Bringers Of The Storm.
    Harrods

Member Of The Old Guard
    PC Closed Betas 2013

PC Mastah Race

Anook Page anook.com/shadow2kk

Been playing since Beta and Early Access

• ploddab16_ESO
    ploddab16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Jayne_Doe wrote: »
    Can other tattoos be used with skins? If not, then I'm not sure why anyone would expect these to, just because they both say Dead-Water.

If other skins in the game work with tattoos, then I can understand the expectation. But just because you assumed something, doesn't mean that it was so, or that ZOS should have anticipated your assumption and put up a big neon sign before purchasing a crate that skins and tattoos wouldn't work together.

Presuming you can get a refund, I assume you'll forfeit all the collectibles you got as well as any gems you extracted. Do you really not want them at all? Also, maybe ZOS can fix this, as it does seem ridiculous that tattoos would remove the normal scales from an Argonian, or apparently the fur pattern from a Khajiit. I'd never heard of this before, and I wonder if anyone had brought it to their attention in the past. But, maybe skins with tattoos isn't something they can fix, but if they can, I do agree that they should. Maybe hold on for now and see what happens.

The only reason I bought those crown crates was to get the dead-water and bright-throat skins and body/face markings. I have no use for anything else from that crate, and quite frankly even the fluff items like the Argonian instruments are worthless because instead of being emotes they're mementos that only last a few seconds on use. Frankly, I don't just want my crowns refunded, I want my money refunded, because I bought those crowns with the express purpose of buying crown crates with them and the items within aren't worth the money.

Also, other skins in the game, such as the Decayed Zombie skin, work with tattoos, so it CAN be done. ZOS just don't have a good track record of fixing items that have had visual issues reported with them. We've also been waiting for tattoos that don't override the skin we chose our character to have at creation for years now.

And by advertising them under the same name they make them part of a set. If I were to sell two seperate items, Xanmeer-Doyen's Robe and Xanmeer Doyen's Headdress, you would expect them to work together because they have been named as part of the same set. The same applies to the items within the crown crates.
  • snackrat
    snackrat
    ✭✭✭
    I do really wish that body markings were separated into tattoos/paints, and scars/markings. They already do it with adornments, which are separated into facial hair, major (crowns), and minor (piercings). The 'skin' category right now is basically what the tattoo/paint category should be - an overlay. Make it go marking > skin > paint. Then we can put visible tattoos on our vampires, as well.
  • TheMythicDawn
    TheMythicDawn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    probably a technical limitation as opposed to aesthetic one
  • Paazhahdrimaak
    Paazhahdrimaak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dear Zenimax,

When you advertise things like the Bright-Throat and Dead-Water skins along with the Bright-Throat and Dead-Water body and face markings, can you at least make sure that they can be used together? It's a real punch in the gut to realize I've just sunk £50 into your gambling crates for things that aren't even usable with each other. While I shall, from this point forwards, not be sinking any more money into your system, I would very much like for you to actually fix the things you're putting in these gambling crates so that they're actually somewhat worth the cost expended in attaining them.

Regards,

This, please please fix this. I want to use those body and face paints with my new skins.
  • Paazhahdrimaak
    Paazhahdrimaak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dear Zenimax,

Regards,

This, please please fix this. I want to use those body and face paints with my new skins.

This guy makes a lot of since.
    Ill bet he'll just keep responding to this post until this gets the attention we paid for
    Edited by Paazhahdrimaak on February 1, 2019 3:30PM
  • Wildberryjack
    Wildberryjack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Skins go on top of everything else so the solution to this is simple, have tattoos go on top instead so tatts can be put over skins.
    The purpose of art is washing the dust of daily life off our souls. ~Pablo Picasso
  • Argon9
    Argon9
    Soul Shriven
    I tough first it was some kind of a visual bugg at my end but appearantly it just more people that have this mess.

fA3YhUT.png
    Here you see the main quest npc that pretty much inspire with the skin of Bright-Throat tribe with the Bright-Throat mark/ tattoos.

MuYjYyZ.png
    DpJL9mc.png

And here is my argonian with the skin active and the body mark and face mark.

As you can see it does not show, its kinda of a petty letdown it does not combind.
    And that same goes for Dead-Water skin and tattoos too.

I hope they take a look into it.

• Acrolas
    Acrolas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Argon9 wrote: »

They did. It's been in the Official Xanmeer thread for months and already referenced in this thread before it was bumped.

"Just checked with the team and it sounds like these ones do not stack. The body markings are hidden by the skin."
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/448201/official-discussion-thread-for-introducing-the-xanmeer-crown-crate-season/p1

signing off
  • Argon9
    Argon9
    Soul Shriven
    Acrolas wrote: »
    Argon9 wrote: »

They did. It's been in the Official Xanmeer thread for months and already referenced in this thread before it was bumped.

"Just checked with the team and it sounds like these ones do not stack. The body markings are hidden by the skin."

Thats good, thanks for let me know!
  • eklhaftb16_ESO
    eklhaftb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Since the Xanmeer crates are in the store temporarily, I think this should be reminded once again. :wink: To sum it up: none of the 100-gem skins are compatible with 16-gem tattoos. It's one or the other.
  • Opalblade
    Opalblade
    ✭✭✭
    I'd love it if they added the option to show tattoos over skins. It would allow for a lot more customization and probably also fix the vampire tattoo problem.
    Edited by Opalblade on February 22, 2020 8:10AM
  • kaisernick
    kaisernick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Maromer skin, CAN be used with scales and other items so having the tat work on top is possible if they just decided to fix it.