The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Why was someone able to whisper me but I wasn't able to whisper them back?

Wings94
Wings94
Soul Shriven
I just recently finished Tempest Island as a tank and a user by the name of *REDACTED* was trashing my ability on the last boss. He said to stay far from the final boss so she charges at me, but I stated that if we all stay close to her then she lunges at no one, which to my knowledge is true. Anyways, I didn't really care so I left the group at the end since I had to go. He then started whispering me, berating me on my ability, saying that I "ragequit". I tried whispering back to explain why I chose that strategy, but I couldn't whisper. I typed out a message and clicked "Send" but nothing happened. Yet he kept whispering me. I even tried grouping up and adding as a friend, but nothing worked. So my question is: why did this happen? How was he able to whisper me and harass me over my playing ability, but I wasn't able to whisper back? I did end up reporting for harassment but I would've rather been able to reply instead.
Edited by Wings94 on December 4, 2018 9:10PM
  • JobooAGS
    JobooAGS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    He took the cowards way out and set himself to offline
  • Hippie4927
    Hippie4927
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Naming and shaming is a no-no on the forum. You probably should take his name out of your OP.
    PC/NA/EP ✌️
  • Royaji
    Royaji
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Offline mode. You can whisper to others but they can't whisper back.

Although you probably should have just put him on ignore.
  • JobooAGS
    JobooAGS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hippie4927 wrote: »
    Naming and shaming is a no-no on the forum. You probably should take his name out of your OP.

Yeah I would edit it out by utilizing a description rather than a name
  • Wings94
    Wings94
    Soul Shriven
    Hmm, to be fair I don't think my post is shaming him. I haven't insulted him at all, he was the one insulting me. I did end up ignoring him as well.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its shaming to mention a players name and their behaviour in a negative light.

As your question was answered, the other player was set to Offline, or they blocked you after talking to you, you may want to edit the name out.

As for the tactics for that fight, you want to be as close as possible or she will one shot you. So you were correct in your recall. In fact, the farther away you are, the stronger her attack is.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Wings94
    Wings94
    Soul Shriven
    Nestor wrote: »
    Its shaming to mention a players name and their behaviour in a negative light.

As your question was answered, the other player was set to Offline, or they blocked you after talking to you, you may want to edit the name out.

As for the tactics for that fight, you want to be as close as possible or she will one shot you. So you were correct in your recall. In fact, the farther away you are, the stronger her attack is.

I edited the name out. Thanks for confirming the tactics of the fight. I've done that fight a lot as a tank, but I wasn't sure now.