Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

For All You PvP Vid Makers (PC)

Vapirko
Vapirko
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
What program should I be using that will put the least strain on my system and are you recording it directly to an internal HD or external? Any other tips?

Best Answers

• Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I imagine most people record using Shadowplay or something similar (if you have an Nvidia card you should have access to it)
    This is because you can record 'after' something good happened vs all the time with the 'instant replay' option.

If you want to be recording all the time, you could try use OBS but I don't really know what would put less strain on your system vs others.

@Solar_Breeze
    NA ~ Izanerys: Dracarys (Videos | Dracast Podcast)
    EU ~ Izanagi: Roleplay Circle (AOE Rats/ Zerg Squad / Banana Squad)
    Answer ✓
  • caeliusstarbreaker
    caeliusstarbreaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vapirko wrote: »
    You’re just mashing potatoes!! Can’t even fight skilled players!!

:D No arguments there lol, gotta start somewhere.

Haha but on a serious note.... I use shadow play.
    Rhage Lionpride DC Stamina Templar
    K-Hole
    Answer ✓
  • IxSTALKERxI
    IxSTALKERxI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ESO is CPU intensive (the better your single core clock speed the better your fps) , so the less load on your CPU the better your FPS. Therefore it's better to use a recording program that is less cpu intensive.

If you have a Nvidia graphics card use Shadow play for free by downloading geforce experience.

If you have an AMD graphics card use Radeon ReLive for free.

These put the least amount of strain on your CPU and mostly use GPU.

You can record to any hard drive, internal or external, even to a slow 5400 rpm mechanical drive, but there can be a 2-3 second delay after hitting record as the hard drive loads (1TB free space recommended if you want to keep your sanity).

Streaming enthusiasts use OBS on a second PC. Can still work on same PC though if you have a powerful CPU but it will impact performance / quality.
    Edited by IxSTALKERxI on December 4, 2018 11:11AM
    NA | PC | Aldmeri Dominion
    Laser Eyes AR 26 Arcanist | Stalker V AR 41 Warden | I Stalker I AR 42 NB | Stalkersaurus AR 31 Templar | Stalker Ill AR 31 Sorc | Nigel the Great of Blackwater
    Former Emperor x11 campaign cycles
    Venatus Officer | RIP RÁGE | YouTube Channel
  • WaltherCarraway
    WaltherCarraway
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hardware Capturing card

and CPU up to 9900k.

then ur good to go
    Back from my last hiatus. 2021 a new start.
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks all, I thought shadow play was just a replay thing and I didn’t want that going all the time. Didn’t know you could keep that off and manually stop and start.
  • Haashhtaag
    Haashhtaag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just run OBS in game capture using their replay buffer mode. It’s uses less cpu and gpu power than shadowplay or relive.
  • Asgari
    Asgari
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I have a 6700k and 1080 both overclocked and use shadowplay for my recordings at 1440p and while playing I’m still over 80fps most times
    Formerly @Persian_Princess .. Now @Asgari
    Princess Asgari | Sorc
    Asgari | NB
    -Asgari | Stamplar
    Ariana Kishi | DK | True Liberator of Haderus
    Banner Down!
    No Mercy
    Youtube: Asgari
  • Trinity_Is_My_Name
    Trinity_Is_My_Name
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Playstv was working the best for me (Plays.tv) until a few months ago when it was updated. It stopped working in Ultrawide mode so I had to stop using it. IDK if it has been fixed but if not using Ultrawide I highly suggest Plays.tv. It's overhead on the system is extremely low. It used less than 2% of my CPU while recording in the highest quality.

Now I use ShadowPlay and it does well but the file size is quite a bit larger than what Plays.tv did for what appears to be the same quality and same amount of recording time. Both work well but if Plays.tv works for you that is the best in my opinion.
  • Knootewoot
    Knootewoot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I always used a licenced version of FRAPS
    but dang, my files after 10 mins where so big

Now i use shadowplay
    ٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
    "I am a nightblade. Blending the disciplines of the stealthy agent and subtle wizard, I move unseen and undetected, foil locks and traps, and teleport to safety when threatened, or strike like a viper from ambush. The College of Illusion hides me and fuddles or pacifies my opponents. The College of Mysticism detects my object, reflects and dispels enemy spells, and makes good my escape. The key to a nightblade's success is avoidance, by spell or by stealth; with these skills, all things are possible."
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If you have AMD, Radeon Relive pretty much has little no effect on recording. Also allows you to encode in H.265 which is smaller and more efficient (I think its a little over 1MB a second of footage). N-Not that I record anything...
  • caeliusstarbreaker
    caeliusstarbreaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rhage Lionpride DC Stamina Templar
    K-Hole
  • OFFL1MIT
    OFFL1MIT
    ✭✭✭
    windows 10 recording thingy? where you press windows key + G, that works best for me. Tried fraps, but when it gets heavy , loads of fights ect I get 1 second stutters.
  • Synozeer
    Synozeer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I use a licensed version of Bandicam. I have no performance degradation when recording with it.
    Watch my PvP Videos on YouTube

Azoi - Nightblade - Daggerfall Covenant - NA Server - 1st DC NA Grand Overlord
    Hzarn - Templar - Daggerfall Covenant - NA Server - Grand Overlord
    ...and many more.
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

:D No arguments there lol, gotta start somewhere.