The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

December showcase looks thin.

Unit117
Unit117
✭✭✭✭✭
Why is December’s showcase look so empty? Where are new furnishing packs, homes,original costume ideas, adornments?

It’s a rerelease of stuff from before. The arms pack. And then decent pet and mount locked behind crown gems. What is going on with this game? Between the scummy crown gem business model and how empty the crown store feels because everything has to be limited time or locked behind crown gems. It really shows zos doesn’t care if it loses its playerbase.

This is a really dissapointing showcase.

Edited by Unit117 on December 4, 2018 7:00AM
  • nerfworthy
    nerfworthy
    ✭✭✭
    I agree, and there's really nothing I'm interested in other than the snow globe home.
    MagWarden main and a Dunmer enthusiast!
  • Wildberryjack
    Wildberryjack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    nerfworthy wrote: »
    I agree, and there's really nothing I'm interested in other than the snow globe home.

Same. And I don't have enough crowns and am flat broke so there is no way I can buy more. Sucks. And of course you can't gift crowns directly nor gift houses. I mean really ZOS? Ugh. I wanted to buy either the crowns I lack or the house itself from a guildie for gold but, well, see the above sentence. Ugh again.
    The purpose of art is washing the dust of daily life off our souls. ~Pablo Picasso
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The new home and furnishing pack came out in November and is in the crown store now.

Other than that it's because they're, yet again, experimenting with new ways to sell stuff. The new items are either ESO+ exclusive or crown gem exclusive. The ESO+ items will be available on general sale later on but we don't know about the crown gem exclusives. They might come back in the same format, another format or they might add to the growing list of stuff which was offered once and then gone forever.

If you're not happy with it all you can really do is vote with your wallet - don't buy stuff offered through methods you don't like, do buy stuff offered in ways you do like and hope enough other people do the same.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • Palidon
    Palidon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Look on the bright side. You will be saving crowns in December.
  • Pops_ND_Irish
    Pops_ND_Irish
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks pretty good to me ! Could be nothing there !
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The sticking point for me is that there's only one item, iirc, that's a "permanent" offering - the Silver Dawn motif. Which, by the way, you CAN EARN IN GAME. Just a PSA, so folks know that the CS isn't the only way to get that motif (maybe it says so in the store, I didn't look).

We've had months of just one or two permanent items added with the rest being limited-time. Plus, they keep removing items from the store without replacing them.

That said, it is the holiday season and like October, they're going to re-release previous holiday content. Fortunately, this year, they'll be on sale, so that's nice.

Although, I'd like to point out that the Winter Scouts Pack was only 700 crowns when it was in the store originally. I know, because I bought it. All packs like that (Ordinator, Ashlander, Woodland Scouts, etc.) were ALL 700 crowns. But, the price they list on it now is 1000 crowns, discounted to 650. So, really, it's only 50 crowns cheaper than when it was first in the store.
    Edited by Jayne_Doe on December 5, 2018 5:19PM
  • JaZ2091
    JaZ2091
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jayne_Doe wrote: »
    The sticking point for me is that there's only one item, iirc, that's a "permanent" offering - the Silver Dawn motif. Which, by the way, you CAN EARN IN GAME. Just a PSA, so folks know that the CS isn't the only way to get that motif (maybe it says so in the store, I didn't look).

We've had months of just one or two permanent items added with the rest being limited-time. Plus, they keep removing items from the store without replacing them.

That said, it is the holiday season and like October, they're going to re-release previous holiday content. Fortunately, this year, they'll be on sale, so that's nice.

Although, I'd like to point out that the Winter Scouts Pack was only 700 crowns when it was in the store originally. I know, because I bought it. All packs like that (Ordinator, Ashlander, Woodland Scouts, etc.) were ALL 700 crowns. But, the price they list on it now is 1000 crowns, discounted to 650. So, really, it's only 50 crowns cheaper than when it was first in the store.

That is so true. I knew I seen that pack cheaper at one point and now they mark higher with discount. That's shady and low but it doesn't surprise me how disgusting they can be.
  • TelvanniWizard
    TelvanniWizard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I have found monthly showcases worse and worse since the introduction of CWC.
  • whitecrow
    whitecrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm glad because it frees me up to buy the Troll King arms, which I love.
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZO$: We want your money.

Players: Okay. Give us the stuff you've been holding back forever. We'll give you money!

ZO$: Nah.
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

• TheMythicDawn
    TheMythicDawn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    what i want to know is, who will buy the crappy overpriced mount this month when subscribers didnt even want it last month at discount
  • heaven13
    heaven13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Wait, did they already remove the Winter Garland Dapple Gray? I swear I saw it one day but I was still debating. And it's gone when New Life starts?

Suppose I shouldn't be surprised. They did the same thing with Grim Harlequin at Witches Festival. :/
    PC/NA
    Mountain God | Leave No Bone Unbroken | Apex Predator | Pure Lunacy | Depths Defier | No Rest for the Wicked | In Defiance of Death
    Defanged the Devourer | Nature's Wrath | Relentless Raider | True Genius | Bane of Thorns | Subterranean Smasher | Ardent Bibliophile

vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vDSA | vMoL HM | vHoF HM | vAS+2 | vCR+2 | vBRP | vSS HM | vKA | vRG
    Meet my characters :
    IT DOESN'T MATTER BECAUSE THEY'RE ALL THE SAME NOW, THANKS ZOS
  • ArchangelIsraphel
    ArchangelIsraphel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I take it Frostacaster is crown shop exclusive and cant be obtained in game?
    Legends never die
    They're written down in eternity
    But you'll never see the price it costs
    The scars collected all their lives
    When everything's lost, they pick up their hearts and avenge defeat
    Before it all starts, they suffer through harm just to touch a dream
    Oh, pick yourself up, 'cause
    Legends never die
  • Katahdin
    Katahdin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    heaven13 wrote: »
    Wait, did they already remove the Winter Garland Dapple Gray? I swear I saw it one day but I was still debating. And it's gone when New Life starts?

Suppose I shouldn't be surprised. They did the same thing with Grim Harlequin at Witches Festival. :/

The horse is still there
    Beta tester November 2013
  • Unit117
    Unit117
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ArchangelIsraphel I believe that’s the case