The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Can we PLEASE have a mage/wizard home!

Carbonised
Carbonised
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
See title. So far, there hasn't been released a single home that's decidedly a classic "wizard's tower" or other type of mage's house. Sure, you can take any old home and make it into a mage's home, and I have tried that myself, but it would be more fun to have a house that was specifically designed with this in mind, so you could have certain features of the home part of the default look, such as magical sigils, runes or whatever. The Psijic home we got also was default Alinor/Summerset look, with nothing particular wizardlike about it, other than the location on Aertaeum.

I have been waiting on a wizard's abode for so long now, so PLEASE make it happen some time. Preferably a large modest home, much like the Snowglobe winter home that was just released, with 600 item slots for ESO+, that item limit was perfect for that home. It could preferably be located somewhere in Cyrodiil or the Imperial City, or possibly in a future DLC, or even somewhere in the Aetherius or a pocket relm of Oblivion, if we really wanted to make it arcane and magical.
  • Enemoriana
    Enemoriana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wasn't Tel Galen "wizard's tower"? It's Telvanni, and it's tower...
    Edited by Enemoriana on December 3, 2018 11:12PM
    • PC EU, @Enemoriana. Ru
    • My wishlist: crown crates, Lucky Cat Landing, atronach/crow/factotum merchant.
    • Houses: The Erstwhile Sanctuary. Everybody is welcomed! Here is video.
    • Luxury furniture is displayed in Forsaken Stronghold. Decorator default. Not luxury, but similar or close looking items marked with jester banners. Closed until ESO+ will be available again for Russia: without doubled limits there is not enough space.
    • Two years with no ESO+ available. Eternal thanks to people who gifted music boxes, my everlasting ESO passion!
  • Carbonised
    Carbonised
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Enemoriana wrote: »

True, and I own it myself. But Tel Galen is very distinctly a Telvanni Tower, and while I enjoy it, it might not be in everyone's taste. I was thinking something more racially neutral, such that it could server as a wizard's abode regardless of race. The Psijic manor would have worked for this, if it was set in the Ceporah style, instead of Alinor/Summerset.

In particular, I would very much like to use some of the Psijic furniture, I haven't found any home where they really fit, and Tel Galen would be a horrible place for the Psijic stuff, since the styles are so very different.

Some kind of neutral wizard's tower or home in the Aetherial realm or Oblivion would be perfect for making a real Psijic home with the furniture we have access to.
  • Enemoriana
    Enemoriana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Carbonised wrote: »
    Enemoriana wrote: »

True, and I own it myself. But Tel Galen is very distinctly a Telvanni Tower, and while I enjoy it, it might not be in everyone's taste. I was thinking something more racially neutral, such that it could server as a wizard's abode regardless of race. The Psijic manor would have worked for this, if it was set in the Ceporah style, instead of Alinor/Summerset.

In particular, I would very much like to use some of the Psijic furniture, I haven't found any home where they really fit, and Tel Galen would be a horrible place for the Psijic stuff, since the styles are so very different.

Some kind of neutral wizard's tower or home in the Aetherial realm or Oblivion would be perfect for making a real Psijic home with the furniture we have access to.

Yeah, though I love Telvanni since TES 3, that thing I didn't buy.

I think it would be better to have simple tower. Breton/imperial style, it's most neutral. And just more "wizard" items. And effects - like that glowing thing under sixth house totem.
    • PC EU, @Enemoriana. Ru
    • My wishlist: crown crates, Lucky Cat Landing, atronach/crow/factotum merchant.
    • Houses: The Erstwhile Sanctuary. Everybody is welcomed! Here is video.
    • Luxury furniture is displayed in Forsaken Stronghold. Decorator default. Not luxury, but similar or close looking items marked with jester banners. Closed until ESO+ will be available again for Russia: without doubled limits there is not enough space.
    • Two years with no ESO+ available. Eternal thanks to people who gifted music boxes, my everlasting ESO passion!
  • LeHarrt91
    LeHarrt91
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    See i think many of the current homes can be suitable for a wizard. it all bepends on the furnishings that you use and make it look wizardy.
    Ravenhurst/ Autumns Gate could be used as an old cottage home for a Breton/Nord Wizard, Tel Galen could be used for a Telvanni Mage, The Snowglobe for a Frost Warden Mage :p or the Alinor Townhouse for a Summerset Wizard. Then add the Psijic floating books and crystals, and lots of magical animated furnishings.

Oh and even, the Clockwork Observatory and Coldharbour Estate would be interesting. But i do understand what you need about a distinctly Wizardy Tower.
    Edited by LeHarrt91 on December 4, 2018 12:02AM
    PS NA 1800+ CP
    Have played all classes.
    Warden Main

• Carbonised
    Carbonised
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LeHarrt91 wrote: »
    See i think many of the current homes can be suitable for a wizard. it all bepends on the furnishings that you use and make it look wizardy.
    Ravenhurst/ Autumns Gate could be used as an old cottage home for a Breton/Nord Wizard, Tel Galen could be used for a Telvanni Mage, The Snowglobe for a Frost Warden Mage :p or the Alinor Townhouse for a Summerset Wizard. Then add the Psijic floating books and crystals, and lots of magical animated furnishings.

Like I write in my post, you can take any old home and turn it into a wizard place if you like. But that can be said about anything. Yet some homes are suited to specific purposes. The only really good place to make a Dark Brotherhood hideout would of course be the Sanctuary home. Tel Galen isn't really suited for anything other than a Telvanni home, the Witche's Cottage can't really be turned into anything other than a witches home or a Hollowjack themed home etc.

I'm asking for something similar to be made for a mage's house. The Psijic furniture look great, the banners, the chairs, tables and glow globes. But thou wouldn't really fit into any of the homes we currently have. Something otherworldly, like an Oblivion based home would suit them better. We already have plenty of racially themed houses, it would be nice with something themed more for classes or archetypes, like the assassins get the huge Sanctuary, for instance.
  • LeHarrt91
    LeHarrt91
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Like I write in my post, you can take any old home and turn it into a wizard place if you like. But that can be said about anything. Yet some homes are suited to specific purposes. The only really good place to make a Dark Brotherhood hideout would of course be the Sanctuary home. Tel Galen isn't really suited for anything other than a Telvanni home, the Witche's Cottage can't really be turned into anything other than a witches home or a Hollowjack themed home etc.

I'm asking for something similar to be made for a mage's house. The Psijic furniture look great, the banners, the chairs, tables and glow globes. But thou wouldn't really fit into any of the homes we currently have. Something otherworldly, like an Oblivion based home would suit them better. We already have plenty of racially themed houses, it would be nice with something themed more for classes or archetypes, like the assassins get the huge Sanctuary, for instance.

An Oblivion Realm house would be pretty cool lol, But i do agree that another Tower house would be great, maybe with 3 levels, something similar to Dawns Keep in Summerset but with a yard. I wonder if they would ever put a house on Eyevea.
    PS NA 1800+ CP
    Have played all classes.
    Warden Main

• Carbonised
    Carbonised
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

An Oblivion Realm house would be pretty cool lol, But i do agree that another Tower house would be great, maybe with 3 levels, something similar to Dawns Keep in Summerset but with a yard. I wonder if they would ever put a house on Eyevea.

I think placing it in an Oblivion "pocket realm" or something like that would make it suitably exotic, since we didnt get one in Aertaeum. There's already precedence with that as well, since we have the Hunter's Glade in Hircine's realm. Doesn't even have to be a tower, could be any size or shape really. Eyvea would be a great location for it too, if it wasn't for the fact that Eyvea looks horribly outdated by now, in that low-res old Altmer style. Though I guess the entrance could be in Eyvea, and the portal then taking you to the pocket realm.
  • LeHarrt91
    LeHarrt91
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I think placing it in an Oblivion "pocket realm" or something like that would make it suitably exotic, since we didnt get one in Aertaeum. There's already precedence with that as well, since we have the Hunter's Glade in Hircine's realm. Doesn't even have to be a tower, could be any size or shape really. Eyvea would be a great location for it too, if it wasn't for the fact that Eyvea looks horribly outdated by now, in that low-res old Altmer style. Though I guess the entrance could be in Eyvea, and the portal then taking you to the pocket realm.

Yeah thats cool. Also more Deadric Prince homes would be cool like Meridia's Coloured rooms or a Spiral Skein.
    PS NA 1800+ CP
    Have played all classes.
    Warden Main

• MrGraves
    MrGraves
    ✭✭✭✭
    IDK if it was stated or not when it was built. But something like Frostcrag Spire might be interesting. It was a wizard tower in Oblivion so it might would be fun for people who had it back in oblivion and also it's... well a wizards tower. though idk when it was built or anything if theres a lore reason not to have it (I kinda doubt it since there's already things that dont fit into the timeline in ESO though.) IDK if it would suit everyone of course but it might be a fun idea IMO.