The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Ripped off??????

henly1234
henly1234
I bought and paid for ther DLC Summerset but as yet I have not received a code or any notification that i can dwonload it just a meaasge from Paypal to say I have paid and I opened a ticket and they sday I should be good to go as I have the dlc, but I cant access it, anyone have similar problems?
  • JasonSilverSpring
    JasonSilverSpring
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you got the expansion there is nothing to download. If you go to Collections, Chapters, does it show Summerset as purchased?

Have you checked your account on elderscrollsonline.com?
  • henly1234
    henly1234
    Ah just had a reply to say that I have mistakenly purchased the DLC on the us server as a uk player I am surprised I did not realize that the DLC's were server specific, can i get it transfered?
  • StormChaser3000
    StormChaser3000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You were supposed to have its files since the release day. It was a part of the patch. I had it for a several months being visible on the map, but not accessible. Once I purchased Summerset chapter during the Black Friday sale it got instantly unlocked.

Edit: nvm, looks like you figured out the core of the problem. Ask them for thansfer.
    Edited by StormChaser3000 on December 2, 2018 12:59PM
  • Saturnana
    Saturnana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you put in a ticket they may be able to switch it around for you. Surprised it's server specific for you, though. Did you buy it through the Crown Store by any chance? (Anything you buy there is server specific, afaik).. I purchased Summerset through Steam and I have no trouble accessing it on both EU and NA. :/
    @Saturnna | PC / EU

Nâmae Rin : Dragonknight | Dr Milodas Ra'Himo : Templar | Mira Motierre : Sorceress
    Plays-ln-Puddles : Warden  |  Lady Neria : Dragonknight   | Philadore : Nightblade  
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    "Ha! I do love it when the mortals know they're being manipulated. Makes things infinitely more interesting."
                                      - Sheogorath
  • henly1234
    henly1234
    lnsane wrote: »
    If you put in a ticket they may be able to switch it around for you. Surprised it's server specific for you, though. Did you buy it through the Crown Store by any chance? (Anything you buy there is server specific, afaik).. I purchased Summerset through Steam and I have no trouble accessing it on both EU and NA. :/

yes i did buy through the crown store although I have not accessed my usa account for several years all the toons are lvl 30 or below pre champion points on the NA server,
    ive just had a reply to say the payment did not go through even though I have a paypal receipt and it is accessable through the NA servers, go figure.
  • henly1234
    henly1234
    Trouble is I bought my main game through a game shop before steam became mainstream when the game first came out, I think. so although I can run it through steam it doesn't recognize it as a steam game.
  • Delpi
    Delpi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    But I don't understand... Summerset is a chapter so you unlock it in both servers at the same time (NA/EU). The only things you don't unlock on both servers are the assets you bought directy from the crown store in-game.
    "I used to be an adventurer like you. Then I took an arrow in the knee..."
  • henly1234
    henly1234
    If you got the expansion there is nothing to download. If you go to Collections, Chapters, does it show Summerset as purchased?

Have you checked your account on elderscrollsonline.com?

yes but you have to have a download code if not steam.
  • henly1234
    henly1234
    Delpi wrote: »
    But I don't understand... Summerset is a chapter so you unlock it in both servers at the same time (NA/EU). The only things you don't unlock on both servers are the assets you bought directy from the crown store in-game.

yes thats how i understood it and it seems to me that the rules have changed since i bought the last one, i used to pay monthly, but now i buy as i need.
  • silvermistktralasub17_ESO
    you do *NOT* download summerset separately with a code...it is merely unlocked once it is on your account. You already have all of the product in an up to date client, regardless of dlc...activating the product only unlocks what you already have. No need for an extra code.

@Alassirana
  • Watchdog
    Watchdog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    henly1234 wrote: »

yes i did buy through the crown store although I have not accessed my usa account for several years all the toons are lvl 30 or below pre champion points on the NA server,
    ive just had a reply to say the payment did not go through even though I have a paypal receipt and it is accessable through the NA servers, go figure.

I am not sure I understand this.

If you bought it in the Crown Store, you had to buy the Crowns first. The only real world payment from your PayPal account would be for the Crowns. Unless you got the Crowns credited to your game account, you couldn't buy anything with them. You would not get the Crowns unless the payment got through.

If the Crowns got substracted from your game account when you purchased Summerset in the Crown Store, you should have access to Summerset.

It is easy to test it, as long as you have an unused character slot. Create a random character and see where the character starts. If it is in the Mind Trap, you have access to Summerset. If anywhere else, you don't have access to it.
    Edited by Watchdog on December 2, 2018 6:42PM
    Member of Alith Legion: https://www.alithlegion.com
  • Delpi
    Delpi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    IF you have bought it from a third game party they have gave you a code, right?

You must enter it in your account here:

https://account.elderscrollsonline.com

and then paste it in the "redeem code" window. And that's it.
    "I used to be an adventurer like you. Then I took an arrow in the knee..."
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Watchdog wrote: »

I am not sure I understand this.

If you bought it in the Crown Store, you had to buy the Crowns first. The only real world payment from your PayPal account would be for the Crowns. Unless you got the Crowns credited to your game account, you couldn't buy anything with them. You would not get the Crowns unless the payment got through.

If the Crowns got substracted from your game account when you purchased Summerset in the Crown Store, you should have access to Summerset.

It is easy to test it, as long as you have an unused character slot. Create a random character and see where the character starts. If it is in the Mind Trap, you have access to Summerset. If anywhere else, you don't have access to it.

There's an even easier way to test it: log into any character and go to the world map and look for the Shimmerene waypoint on Summerset. If the chapter is unlocked on your account it will be white and offer you the opportunity to teleport there, like any other waypoint. If you don't have it then the waypoint will be greyed out and will give information on how to purchase the chapter.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I don't think Summerset is in the Crown Store yet, as it's still a chapter and not a DLC like Morrowind is now. So, OP, presumably you bought it from the online store or perhaps through Steam?

If you can access Summerset on NA, then you should be able to access it on EU. During Summerfall, I created characters on EU and they had access to Summerset and Morrowind (which I bought when it was a chapter), as well as any pre-order/collector's edition content and anything else I purchased outside the Crown Store.
  • Saturnana
    Saturnana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Trouble is I bought my main game through a game shop before steam became mainstream when the game first came out, I think. so although I can run it through steam it doesn't recognize it as a steam game.

Did you link your accounts as per this page's instructions?
    https://help.elderscrollsonline.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/36517/kw/link steam account

If you did not, Steam has nothing to do with your ESO game or account. If you just added the game to your Steam library manually, that does not count as 'linking your accounts' (it just enables the Steam overlay in-game), and purchasing Summerset through Steam would do nothing for you as you'd need Steam's version of the base game first (you'll know you're playing through Steam's channels if the game doesn't prompt you to login).

As I understand it, you purchased Summerset in the Crown Store while running the game through ZOS' channels/launcher, downloaded from your ESO account page? Then by all accounts, you should have no trouble accessing your chapters on both servers. If you can't, you should definitely put in a ticket and they can open it up for you on both.
    @Saturnna | PC / EU

Nâmae Rin : Dragonknight | Dr Milodas Ra'Himo : Templar | Mira Motierre : Sorceress
    Plays-ln-Puddles : Warden  |  Lady Neria : Dragonknight   | Philadore : Nightblade  
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    "Ha! I do love it when the mortals know they're being manipulated. Makes things infinitely more interesting."
                                      - Sheogorath