The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Tythis the Banker

SammiSakura
SammiSakura
✭✭✭✭
(I wasn't sure where to put this, but as he is a Crown Store purchase, I figured this was the place)

Is there any way we can have Tythis function as a standard Banker NPC?
I just hate doing stuff in my house, then having to port out to find a bank, so I can purchase things from the Guild Stores, or place things in the Guild Bank etc?
I would just be over the moon if we could access Guild Banks/Store through Tythis!
@SammiSakura - EU Server - CP 1600+ - Here Since 14th October 2016
Visit my home at the Alinor Townhouse
Guildhall with All Set-Stations etc at Grand Psijic Villa

Guildmaster of The Forbidden Guilds (PC EU)
~ The Forbidden Cleavage (in Elden Root, Grahtwood)
~ Brave Cat Trade (in Alinor, Summerset)
~ Demonic Baanditos (PvE/Social Guild, in Markarth, The Reach)
PM @SammiSakura In-Game for Invites.

Curator & Middleman of Crown Black Market Crown Trading Discord
Click Here to Join & Start Trading Today!
My Characters!
* Samara Nevanni - Dunmer MagDK DD (PvE/P) (Master Crafter)
* Adriana Silvani - Altmer MagSorc DD (PvE)
* Tsanji-Ko - Khajiit StamDen DD (PvE)
* Waits-For-Darkness - Argonian MagPlar Healer (PvE)
* Lilith Valeine - Breton MagPlar DD (PvP)
* Luna Rosalie - Bosmer StamBlade DD (PvP)
* Mithrandir the Healer - Nord Magden Healer (PvE)
* Talia Scythe-Song - Redguard Necro Tank (PvE)
* Loki the Theif - Khajiit MagBlade (PvE)
  • MasterSpatula
    MasterSpatula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think they have their reasons for him not doing these things while following you around, but they ought to at least add these features while he's places as "furniture" in a house.
    "A probable impossibility is preferable to an improbable possibility." - Aristotle
  • ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think they have their reasons for him not doing these things while following you around, but they ought to at least add these features while he's places as "furniture" in a house.

I suspect it's the opposite. The instance that's created for your home would have to communicate with the Guild server instance, and not just the main one(s). But I don't know which came first, banker/merchant, or player homes. There may well be a separate reason they can't function fully while in tow.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The answer is no. It has been this way since the banker came out years ago and Zos has chosen to not heed suggestions to make the banker or merchant fully functional.

Zos has mentioned a banker with more functions. They were going to release that assistant separately but went back to the drawing board after receiving strong blowback from those who had already bought the banker.

It is our guess that Zos will rework the change into an upgrade for the current banker. At an additional cost of course, but that would mean we do not have to buy a totally separate banker.
  • Kitty_Quietly
    Kitty_Quietly
    ✭✭✭
    Full function banker and merchant in player housing would be nice. Probably some reason they haven’t done it yet. Maybe the instance thing causes problems. Whatever the reason, if they ever do add it, then that will be incredibly useful. So yeah, even if it cost a small amont to upgrade, I’d want it. It’s especially weird when you visit a guild hall and can’t buy from guild store.

On a related note, I’d still like all crafting vendors purchasable for housing. That would be cool too. Functional stuff interests me the most.
  • SammiSakura
    SammiSakura
    ✭✭✭✭
    It’s especially weird when you visit a guild hall and can’t buy from guild store.

THIS. My home also functions as my guild's hall, so why shouldn't my guild's bank/store be available too! I imagine its less a technical issue, and more, they didn't think to incorporate it, and perhaps now is too late. Maybe they could just make a new banker code, remove the old one, and gift it to everyone that had already purchased.

I say this, but I've still not received my additional ESO+ crowns, so I can't say I believe in their competence much.

@SammiSakura - EU Server - CP 1600+ - Here Since 14th October 2016
    Visit my home at the Alinor Townhouse
    Guildhall with All Set-Stations etc at Grand Psijic Villa

Guildmaster of The Forbidden Guilds (PC EU)
    ~ The Forbidden Cleavage (in Elden Root, Grahtwood)
    ~ Brave Cat Trade (in Alinor, Summerset)
    ~ Demonic Baanditos (PvE/Social Guild, in Markarth, The Reach)
    PM @SammiSakura In-Game for Invites.

Curator & Middleman of Crown Black Market Crown Trading Discord
    Click Here to Join & Start Trading Today!
    My Characters!
    * Samara Nevanni - Dunmer MagDK DD (PvE/P) (Master Crafter)
    * Adriana Silvani - Altmer MagSorc DD (PvE)
    * Tsanji-Ko - Khajiit StamDen DD (PvE)
    * Waits-For-Darkness - Argonian MagPlar Healer (PvE)
    * Lilith Valeine - Breton MagPlar DD (PvP)
    * Luna Rosalie - Bosmer StamBlade DD (PvP)
    * Mithrandir the Healer - Nord Magden Healer (PvE)
    * Talia Scythe-Song - Redguard Necro Tank (PvE)
    * Loki the Theif - Khajiit MagBlade (PvE)