The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [EXTENDED] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

A reminder to the community (and ZOS)

Suddwrath
Suddwrath
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
No amount of nostalgia or money/time you have invested into ESO can justify playing it if doing so does not make you happy.

You should do what actually makes you happy and gives you enjoyment.

The ZOS employees play other games as well, so if you find yourself being more frustrated and annoyed while playing ESO maybe it would be a good time to step away for a break and try something new. I'm not necessarily referring to leaving the game completely, but just taking a breather. And I know sometimes that can feel difficult to do.
"But there's an event coming up and if I don't participate..."
"But I'm part of a core team and if I stop playing..."
"But if I stop grinding I'll fall even further behind the CP curve..."
"But I've invested so much money and time into ESO..."
All of those are understandable, but it doesn't justify you doing something which makes you unhappy.

So take a breather. Try out a new game. Dabble in a new genre. Maybe doing so will give you a chance to step back and see that you miss certain aspects of ESO. Maybe playing a new game will make you enjoy ESO even more because of the things that ESO offers.

Or (and this one is for ZOS) maybe playing a new game will show you that you would be happier playing another game, at least for the time being, due to the current state of the game.

This isn't a "Goodbye post" or "Everyone should leave" post. This is just a reminder to the community, and ZOS, to play what makes you happy. I've noticed many people almost feel obligated to continue playing ESO due to the amount of time and money they have spent, and that feeling of obligation/guilt causes them to continue playing despite being so frustrated and annoyed whenever they get on.

Maybe taking a break is what you need to be happy, and if enough people take a break then maybe that is what ZOS needs to realize just how unhappy and negative the attitude of the community is becoming due to the current state of the game.

Again, not a "Goodbye post". Just a "Take a breather and be happy post". :)
  • BrightOblivion
    BrightOblivion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I absolutely agree. Don't get me wrong. ESO is one of my favorite games, and the people I've met are outstanding. But after the frustration of the patch and its associated dev silence, bugs we saw coming (and ones we didn't), and balance decisions, along with burn out from my daily play time feeling more like a check list I had to cross things off of, I found I needed to take a breath. Play something else. Find my sense of enjoyment and adventure and wonder again.

And it's tough. Part of me feels like "Oh, I'm letting people down by not chasing this patch and signing up for trial runs." I mean, no one wants to see a trials signup that doesn't make numbers. But, at the same time, if I'm not having fun, should I try to forge ahead anyway? What if that makes me burn out completely? Whom does that help?

So I'm taking a breather and playing this patch like a casual. Login, get daily rewards, maybe do whatever to get event tickets, possibly do a normal dungeon or two each day of this event. The most hardcore thing I'm doing this patch is a vMA run at some point during my weekend to get on the leaderboard somewhere. Then I log off and do something else.

Am I done adventuring in Tamriel? Unlikely. There's still monsters to slay, places to explore, hopeless NPCs just begging for help with some menial task. And hopefully, I can return feeling better for the pause. In the meantime, perhaps the adventures lie on other shores, past horizons with only one moon.

And that's okay, too.