The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Enchanted Snow Globe Home - Available for Gold?

megshere
megshere
✭✭✭
I know a lot of people have been looking forward to the snow globe house, and I think the assumption was that it would also be purchasable for gold if you had certain achievements, like the Coven Cottage was.

I am not seeing an option to purchase it for gold. Is this something that is going to become available?
Guild Master at Black Market Wares on the PC NA server.
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I wish we knew for certain, and ZOS has been silent on this in other threads on the question. I don't recall whether the gold option was shown as available, but just greyed out, for the Coven Cottage before the Witches Festival. I guess someone who hasn't purchased the Cottage could check and see if the gold option shows, but is just greyed out.

I'm sure most of us were assuming this was going to be available to us like the Cottage, where we could purchase it with gold once a particular achievement is met, but only during the New Life Festival. I'm still hoping it can be purchased for gold. If just for crowns, then I'll pass. Don't really particularly like the layout of the home and would rather it have been a Nord home than an Imperial lighthouse home. If it's for gold, I can afford to get it. If for Crowns, I don't like it that much to pay real money for it.
    Edited by Jayne_Doe on November 29, 2018 4:01PM
  • weedgenius
    weedgenius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow I’m extremely disappointed it’s Crown-only but I can’t say I was expecting any less. Just another reason I’m glad I cancelled my sub this month. ZOS number one priority is Crown sales. That’s it. Period.

If it’s not out for gold now, I HIGHLY doubt it will be later since they’ll make a lot of people who buy it with real money angry if suddenly there is a gold option.

When the Witches Coven was in the store it did say the gold price, just greyed out if you didn’t have the achievement yet.
    PS4 NA
    Better Homes & Gardens
  • Carbonised
    Carbonised
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Checking the price both furnished and unfurnished, there is only a Crown option, so it's safe to say that this house is crown store exclusive.

ZOS, your last seasonal home, the Witches Cottage, was both crowns and gold, and it would really have been a nice gesture to offer this holiday home for gold as well. Almost all your recent houses have been crown store exclusives, and this sets a bad trend. Instead of tying this home in with the holiday event that's coming soon, you straight up offer it for crowns only instead. And it's not only the 4k crowns for the home, it's 4k crowns as well for the furnishing pack, so at least 8k crowns for both.

As others have said, the house itself is pretty uninteresting. The only thing it has going is that it's currently the only house in the game with snow, where even the Eastmarch houses don't come with a snowy exterior. I would much rather have bought a plain, normal Nord style eastmarch home and decorated it for the winter solstice, but none of the homes we have come with snow, which is a pretty large part of the reason why I'd even want a winter holiday home.

I'm quite disappointed by this, if it was gold I would have bought it, and the pack to go with it for crowns, and started decorating. With at least a 8k pricetag for a rather uninteresting Imperial lighthouse with a huge, ugly tent filling up the entire skybox, I might just pass on it entirely.

Could you at least next year release a normal, Nord style home with snowy exterior for gold and not crowns exclusively.
  • Snowfaeriewings
    Snowfaeriewings
    ✭✭✭
    Carbonised wrote: »
    Checking the price both furnished and unfurnished, there is only a Crown option, so it's safe to say that this house is crown store exclusive.

ZOS, your last seasonal home, the Witches Cottage, was both crowns and gold, and it would really have been a nice gesture to offer this holiday home for gold as well. Almost all your recent houses have been crown store exclusives, and this sets a bad trend. Instead of tying this home in with the holiday event that's coming soon, you straight up offer it for crowns only instead. And it's not only the 4k crowns for the home, it's 4k crowns as well for the furnishing pack, so at least 8k crowns for both.

As others have said, the house itself is pretty uninteresting. The only thing it has going is that it's currently the only house in the game with snow, where even the Eastmarch houses don't come with a snowy exterior. I would much rather have bought a plain, normal Nord style eastmarch home and decorated it for the winter solstice, but none of the homes we have come with snow, which is a pretty large part of the reason why I'd even want a winter holiday home.

I'm quite disappointed by this, if it was gold I would have bought it, and the pack to go with it for crowns, and started decorating. With at least a 8k pricetag for a rather uninteresting Imperial lighthouse with a huge, ugly tent filling up the entire skybox, I might just pass on it entirely.

Could you at least next year release a normal, Nord style home with snowy exterior for gold and not crowns exclusively.

If i recall correctly, The witches cottage was available for crowns a few weeks before it was available with gold. I feel they aren't telling us so we buy it with crowns just incase there is no gold option.
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Carbonised wrote: »

Couldn't have said it better myself. Quite disappointed and have already decided not to purchase the holiday furnishing pack, though I could decorate another home with it. Also, no way I'm buying the snow globe.

As you say, this is a bad trend, as it looks like the only new homes we'll ever see for gold are the ones offered with the chapters. First chapter, we got 2, plus the inn room. Last chapter, we only got 1, plus the inn room. I'm guessing the next chapter will only have an inn room. Well, we did get the Surreal Estate for gold, so there's that, but I'm not interested in a blank-slate home.
  • AyeshaBelladonna
    AyeshaBelladonna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If i recall correctly, The witches cottage was available for crowns a few weeks before it was available with gold. I feel they aren't telling us so we buy it with crowns just incase there is no gold option. [/quote]

no, it wasn't. it launched both last year and this year for crown and gold at the same time. It was also showing it's gold cost on PTS during testing. Snowglobe did not have any gold price in PTS and has not launched with it's New Life Festival as it should have. Why zos though launching it early ant not allowing for an achievement related gold buy option who knows.... but one would think they would have at LEAST paired their crown gifting promotion with the launch of being able to gift houses. then we could take care of the issue ourselves. obviously it would be more that the cottage because its more slots. bigger home. i was expecting a house ing the are of 500-700k gold tbh, knowing what size the property was and slot count compared to the cottage. but screwing us out of a gold option entirely SUCKS.

NA EP CP1200+
    Original: Mag/Templar Erestem Nightblossom (Tank/Healer Hybrid, Alchemist, general nuisance)
    Alt's? at this point...so many to play, so little time!

**RED or DEAD** Long Live EP!

Leather Lace- GM, ESO Grand Designs GM, Ankle Biter for Lone Wolf United, CO-GM of Tower of Wayreth,
    Master Furnisher & Housing fanatic, PvP junkie
    Beta Tester, part of the 2013 Club
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It still might be available for gold during the New Life Festival. They haven't specifically told us that it wouldn't be.
  • weedgenius
    weedgenius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SydneyGrey wrote: »
    It still might be available for gold during the New Life Festival. They haven't specifically told us that it wouldn't be.

Do you really think ZOS would come out here and tell us "No, sorry, we're not offering it for gold" instead of just putting it up in the Crown store and letting that speak for itself?

With the Witches Coven, they announced up front when the house was introduced (a few days before it went on sale) that it would be available for gold during the holiday event. Obviously they have been bucking a lot of their own precedents lately but it would reach a new level of greed for them to announce it was available for gold after letting it be on sale in the Crown store with no mention of that for 2-3 weeks.
    PS4 NA
    Better Homes & Gardens
  • Wildberryjack
    Wildberryjack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really feel like we've been screwed over with this and it's leaving a very sour taste. Keep the Notable houses as crown store exclusives but the smaller ones should always have a gold option. Very, very disappointed. I'd rather have this Snowglobe house than the Psijic Villa honestly. I haven't even started decorating the Villa but had made furniture for the Snowglobe house and was all ready to log in and get started decorating today. Oh well, looks like not.
    The purpose of art is washing the dust of daily life off our souls. ~Pablo Picasso
  • woufff
    woufff
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nice idea that Snow Globe house, but I would have apreciated it together with a quest and a gold option, for Crowns only I will not buy it :/
    PC/EU&NA - Redguard Nightblade - Grand Master Crafter - Explorer of Tamriel & Skyrim - Playing Starfield (and awaiting TES VI ^^)
  • AlboMalefica
    AlboMalefica
    ✭✭✭✭
    This home was a lot cheaper in crowns than I had originally thought it would be (4200 unfurnished).
    To all those who are frustrated not being able to purchase with gold.....is it impossible to find a reliable person who sells crowns for.......gold?
  • TheYKcid
    TheYKcid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This home was a lot cheaper in crowns than I had originally thought it would be (4200 unfurnished).
    To all those who are frustrated not being able to purchase with gold.....is it impossible to find a reliable person who sells crowns for.......gold?

@AlboMalefica You can't gift houses.
    PC/NA — Daggerfall Covenant — BGs, Kaalgrontiid
    Kalazar ChalhoubRedguard Nord Stamplar
    Kalaron Caemor — Altmer Magsorc
    Kalahad Cirith — Dunmer Magden
  • AlboMalefica
    AlboMalefica
    ✭✭✭✭
    TheYKcid wrote: »

@AlboMalefica You can't gift houses.

Yes, that’s correct! This is what happens when you message at 2am.

Apologies all :)
  • Saoghal
    Saoghal
    Oh ZOS.... I am pretty disappointed in this. Why is this house only purchasable through crown and no gold? Really?
    Edited by Saoghal on December 7, 2018 1:13AM
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The issue for me is that I was hoping for a New Life Festival house that would be purchasable for gold like the Cottage is for the Witches Festival. But, they decided to give us a house and charge Crowns only.

Also, I don't really like the house. If it wasn't a gimmicky Snow Globe, I certainly wouldn't have been interested in the house at all. It's an Imperial lighthouse planted on a snowy piece of ground with a barn tacked onto the back to give it more interior space. That add-on doesn't even have windows, iirc. The layout is wonky and I wouldn't have wanted it unless it were by the sea, where lighthouses are supposed to be. But they stuck it in a snow globe surrounded by snow. Plus, there's the ugly red skybox.

If it had been purchasable for gold, I would have bought it. But I don't like it well enough to get it for Crowns. Same for the Exorcised Cottage. Never would have spent Crowns on it, but I bought it right away for gold.
  • dodgehopper_ESO
    dodgehopper_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    In all fairness they gave us the Psijic home for free essentially. All we had to do was explore a few areas. Piece of cake. I certainly understand the sentiment and I feel badly for people who can't afford these types of homes because it costs them more than what it takes to survive for month (or months) where they live.
    US/AD - Dodge Hopper - Vet Imperial Templar | US/AD - Goj-ei-Raj - Vet Argonian Nightblade
    US/AD - Arondonimo - Vet Altmer Sorcerer | US/AD - Azumarax - Vet Dunmer Dragon Knight
    US/AD - Barkan al-Sheharesh - Vet Redguard Dragon Knight | US/AD - Aelus Vortavoriil - Vet Altmer Templar
    US/AD - Shirari Qa'Dar - Vet Khajiit Nightblade | US/AD - Ndvari Mzunchvolenthumz - Vet Bosmer Nightblade
    US/EP - Yngmar - Vet Nord Dragon Knight | US/EP - Reloth Ur Fyr - Vet Dunmer Sorcerer
    US/DC - Muiredeach - Vet Breton Sorcerer | US/DC - Nachtrabe - Vet Orc Nightblade
    EU/DC - Dragol gro-Unglak - Vet Orc Dragon Knight | EU/DC - Targan al-Barkan - Vet Redguard Templar
    EU/DC - Wuthmir - Vet Nord Sorcerer | EU/DC - Kosh Ragotoro - Vet Khajiit Nightblade
    <And plenty more>
  • wolf486
    wolf486
    ✭✭✭✭
    In all fairness they gave us the Psijic home for free essentially. All we had to do was explore a few areas. Piece of cake. I certainly understand the sentiment and I feel badly for people who can't afford these types of homes because it costs them more than what it takes to survive for month (or months) where they live.

Can you still get that home for free or was that a limited time?
    Then again I just bought the place in Windhelm and feel cozy at home there
    PC/NA
    Moved onto BDO and GW2 Skyrim, ATS/ETS2, ACNH and the overall goodness of single player games

RIP to the following:
    (DC) Tharbûrz gro-Glumgrog - Orsimer -Stamden (lvl 50)
    (AD) Vukz - Bosmer - Stamblade (lvl 50)
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Just took a tour of the house (had only seen PTS previews), and I absolutely hate it. The layout is just a mess. Not worth the crowns for the gimmick of being in a snow globe, as the house is just atrocious.

I haven't looked at all the videos from players who have decorated it, but I know it can be done. It's just that I don't think it's worth even trying - it's that bad to me. Plus, being a lighthouse - which should be by the sea - is also a big turnoff for me. And it's Imperial-style and we can't craft anything in that style (yes, I know you can decorate with other styles, but I'm not one to put Redguard in every home I own).

Now, again, for gold I would have gotten it and done something with it eventually. But, I bought the Cottage the first year and still haven't done anything with it, so no great loss for me. Saving LOTS of crowns this month as I'm passing on the furniture pack, too.
  • bongtokin420insd16
    bongtokin420insd16
    ✭✭✭✭
    wow u can't gift homes? Well there goes my plans lol.
    Kaz_Wastelander PS4NA
  • Reistr_the_Unbroken
    Reistr_the_Unbroken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    wolf486 wrote: »

Sadly it was limited time- I’m trying to make a decent home in there, but it’s way too big and very empty so far
  • nerfworthy
    nerfworthy
    ✭✭✭
    I actually just purchased the Snow Globe home last week, and I really love it. It's been really fun to decorate it and it's my favorite house so far. It's funny because when it was previewed I didn't have any interest in it until I actually visited it in-game.
    MagWarden main and a Dunmer enthusiast!
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    wolf486 wrote: »

@wolf486

Do you own the Summerset Chapter? You might already have the Grand Psijic Villa. Check your housing tab in game. It was a "community award" given to everyone who owned Summerset and logged into game before, I think, October 7th. You actually did not need to do anything to earn it. Once a certain number of players got the achievement, it unlocked the villa for everyone who owns Summerset, not just those who participated in event. At least, that is how I recall it working. There was no announcement when you logged in or steps you needed to take to claim. It just silently showed up in my owned houses tab.
    Edited by Dagoth_Rac on December 13, 2018 6:41PM
  • Wildberryjack
    Wildberryjack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OMG, my best friend just gave an early Christmas present of cash specifically to be used on crowns to buy this house! They knew I wanted it really bad and can not spare any money right now. I am so happeh uh huh I is!!!
    The purpose of art is washing the dust of daily life off our souls. ~Pablo Picasso