The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

So just came back after breaking after update 16 launched

PS4_ZeColmeia
PS4_ZeColmeia
✭✭✭✭✭
And decided to pick up jewelry crafting. With some of the changes they have had to the system (cost of mats to upgrade specifically), any recommendations on how to collect mats to be efficient in my approach?

I'm primarily skill point hunting atm, so I'm not rushing it, but would like to make sure by time i've finished collecting all the skill points I'm pretty much as close as possible to enough mats to make some purple/gold TBS gear.
PSN: ***___Chan (3 _s)
Hybrid, All-Role NB
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jewelry crafting takes quite awhile, @PS4_ZeColmeia, so make sure you bring along some patience.

The best ways to level are through daily crafting writs and decon of jewelry from dolmens or the 3-trait weapon coffers from the Cyrodiil capturable towns (the latter requires Alliance Points).

In addition, just like the other crafting skill lines, you want to start researching traits right away. Research is the first skill points you’ll want to invest. Transmuting jewelry is far and away the most accessible part of jewelry crafting.

Materials are rare and expensive. To this point, I’ve only crafted blue jewelry sets to help level up alts ... the latest being a set of blue Willow’s Path for my Level 18 Health Tank.

I have upgraded a few dropped pieces to purple and gold to help with end game PvP. But not many.

Edited by Taleof2Cities on November 29, 2018 4:12PM
  • PS4_ZeColmeia
    PS4_ZeColmeia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Taleof2Cities Yeah after reading up on some of the hate threads I gathered that. Thanks for the lead on the eagle eye boxes. I have 30kish AP at the moment (since I'm just PvE'ing to get the new skill points) so I'll definitely do that for purple grains since that seems to be the biggest hurdle people are encountering.

I'm over halfway on traits researched (thank you random all research scrolls I've saved up) but of course that means i'm only like a 3rd into real world days to get 9 traits.

Any thoughts on the new traits? I like infused, maybe bloodthirsty, but the others just seem like junk.
    Hybrid, All-Role NB
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any thoughts on the new traits? I like infused, maybe bloodthirsty, but the others just seem like junk.

You’re on the right track, @PS4_ZeColmeia.

On my magicka characters, yes, I’ve been running a lot of infused. Bloodthirsty, harmony, and swift have their uses, too.
  • Feric51
    Feric51
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As you're out gathering skill points and skyshards make sure you stop and mine any/all ore nodes and jewelry seams. Even standard ore nodes have the chance to give a single piece of raw jewelry material. The grains you get from refining the raw material will add up over time if you stay diligent.
    Feric51
    Xbox NA

Darkness Falls: The Crusade survivor (you young kids will never know the struggle of text-based games)

• PS4_ZeColmeia
    PS4_ZeColmeia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Feric51 wrote: »
    As you're out gathering skill points and skyshards make sure you stop and mine any/all ore nodes and jewelry seams. Even standard ore nodes have the chance to give a single piece of raw jewelry material. The grains you get from refining the raw material will add up over time if you stay diligent.

Do blacksmithy surveys yield dust too? I pray yes because I'm sure I have over 400 saved up because I'm too lazy to turn them in.
    Hybrid, All-Role NB
  • kringled_1
    kringled_1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Blacksmithing surveys do not yield dust, just normal nodes.
  • PS4_ZeColmeia
    PS4_ZeColmeia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kringled_1 wrote: »

figures lol. Thank you for the advice and response.
    Hybrid, All-Role NB
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    kringled_1 wrote: »

figures lol. Thank you for the advice and response.

I recommend doing the jewelry crafting writs, as you will get jewelry surveys from those.
  • cjhhickman39
    cjhhickman39
    ✭✭✭✭
    One little thing to watch for also if you go to guild traders to buy cheap jewelry to deconstruct make sure to check the bottom of the tooltip because any jewelry drops before summerset can’t be decon