The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Are stolen treasure items usable?

Adder1st
Adder1st
I just started playing a few weeks ago and am puzzled about some of the stolen items that I've gotten. The descriptions show as treasure and then as cosmetics, fishing aid, medical, etc., and some look as though they should be able to be placed in a house, but the right-click menu doesn't show anything but destroy or mark as junk, never a use. I've been selling them all to the fences as a consequence. Am I missing something? Am I selling useful items? Are any of them usable?

Best Answers

• SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Treasure" items have no use besides selling them for gold.

It's a shame really, some of them would make for hilarious house decorations ...
    bye1.gif
    Answer ✓
  • Ilsabet
    Ilsabet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    They're only for selling to fences or using in certain quests that call for stolen or laundered items. The type of item is mostly relevant if you're doing Thieves Guild or Clockwork City crow dailies that require specific types of items.

Sadly these items can't be placed in houses, although you can occasionally steal furnishings (which are labeled as Furnishings instead of Treasure). The Treasure type items are just for making money from the fences.

I have a few things I've laundered that my characters keep for sentimental value, but that's purely an RP thing.
    Ilsabet Menard - DC Breton Nightblade archer - Savior of Pretty Much Everything, Grand Overlord & Empress Nubcakes
    Katarin Auclair - DC Breton Warden healer & ice mage
    My characters and their overly elaborate backstories
    Ilsabet's Headcanon
    The Adventures of Torbyrn Windchaser - Breaking the Ice & Ashes to Ashes
    PC NA
    Answer ✓
  • Adder1st
    Adder1st
    Thank you both. Much appreciated. :)