The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Alliance Locking and In-game Moderators for the PSN Network

Stormshadowonesixty
Let's talk
We need alliance locking and in game moderators, I have yet to see one.
The way that Cyrodill is going is that we have alliance hoppers and spies making the game unfair and super unbalance, we get waves where we only see one color on the map and thats because of shift change yes, but also it's with this whole alliance hopping giving players too much of an unfair advantage to the game.
We need in-game moderators to be able to see what's actually happening, we are passionate players of the game too, not just PC players, ZOS show us some love please.
  • MalagenR
    MalagenR
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can't govern a game like that. It's structured to simulate constant warfare. Sometimes in very long wars a specific country / faction will dominate. They use spies, they use every advantage they can get. This is common in almost every PVP game, not just ESO.

In EVE spies are notorious and many corporations are very selective about who they invite, how they process new applicants, and communication tools are very secure.

In ESO the rewards for winning a campaign don't really matter enough to warrant significant controls over who is spying - no guild / clan is playing at a cohesive and organized enough level, that's why one individual spy can you hurt you so bad.

The answer to problem should come from the community. Not the developers. If the players found it worthwhile enough to start acting like team players, make a guild with the sole purpose of winning the faction campaign, you'd see how pointless zone chat spies would become over night.

Instead you're pissed that on a given night a single spy could cause you to have to run back from your free respawn point and that instead of it taking 5 minutes because of your factions progression it takes you 10 minutes.

Pathetic.

• Stormshadowonesixty
    MalagenR wrote: »
    You can't govern a game like that. It's structured to simulate constant warfare. Sometimes in very long wars a specific country / faction will dominate. They use spies, they use every advantage they can get. This is common in almost every PVP game, not just ESO.

In EVE spies are notorious and many corporations are very selective about who they invite, how they process new applicants, and communication tools are very secure.

In ESO the rewards for winning a campaign don't really matter enough to warrant significant controls over who is spying - no guild / clan is playing at a cohesive and organized enough level, that's why one individual spy can you hurt you so bad.

The answer to problem should come from the community. Not the developers. If the players found it worthwhile enough to start acting like team players, make a guild with the sole purpose of winning the faction campaign, you'd see how pointless zone chat spies would become over night.

Instead you're pissed that on a given night a single spy could cause you to have to run back from your free respawn point and that instead of it taking 5 minutes because of your factions progression it takes you 10 minutes.

Pathetic.

Actually that's really insightful
    Without the pathetic part which I can see why you would say this assuming you've played the game for far longer than most
    But either way
    What you are saying does make sense actually
    Actually truly inspiring
    I wish there was someone that came along sooner to say your perspective
    Because honestly we all needed someone to say something like that
    I'll save this and share this insight with my guildmasrer as well as many as others because it it's true
    This was the main part that just might make players see the playstyle worthwhile
    "
    The answer to problem should come from the community. Not the developers. If the players found it worthwhile enough to start acting like team players, make a guild with the sole purpose of winning the faction campaign, you'd see how pointless zone chat spies would become over night"
    Honestly gold words we all needed to hear
    And even if it still doesn't get everybody on track
    It will give enough morale to the players to actually wanna work hard and win and band together better before and to create better and more enjoyable gameplay, and who knows it might get us some wins with the campaigns through just those words alone
    Truly amazing perspective that definitely will help prolong the games livelihood
    Being truly honest with ya
    If you're PSN Server I'm Stormshadow160
    If not I hope to see you more on the forums
  • NirnStorm
    NirnStorm
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Pathetic.

Without the pathetic part which I can see why you would say this assuming you've played the game for far longer than most
    But either way
    Actually truly inspiring
    I'll save this and share this insight with my guildmasrer as well as many as others because it it's true
    This was the main part that just might make players see the playstyle worthwhile
    "
    The answer to problem should come from the community. Not the developers. If the players found it worthwhile enough to start acting like team players, make a guild with the sole purpose of winning the faction campaign, you'd see how pointless zone chat spies would become over night"
    It will give enough morale to the players to actually wanna work hard and win and band together better before and to create better and more enjoyable gameplay, and who knows it might get us some wins with the campaigns through just those words alone
    Truly amazing perspective that definitely will help prolong the games livelihood

This is literally the first time I've ever seen anyone change their mind or reach an agreement on this forum. I am truly impressed.
    Characters: (PC NA)
    Ruerock | mDK ___________________________________ Nirnstorm | Magplar
    Ruepork the Magsorc | Magsorc __________________ Nirnshade | Magblade
    Pay To Warden | Magden _________________________ Moar Siege | Stamsorc
    Necrotic Orb | Magcro ____________________________ Bluerock | mDK
    Thelol Kadjit | Magplar ___________________________ Chalman Keep | Stamden
    Characters: (PC EU)
    Reurock | mDK ___________________________________ Nirnstorm | Magplar
    Refrigerator Boy | Magden _______________________ One Button AoE Stun| Magsorc
    Why So Spearious | Stamplar _____________________ Ree ee ee ee | StamDK
    Faction Locked | Magblade _______________________ Bae Blade| Stamblade
    You Shalk Not Pass | Stamden ____________________ Frag N Cheese | Magsorc

🔥 Nirnstorm.com - Top Tier PvP Builds & Guides 🔥

ESO Stream Team Member
    Twitch
    : Twitch.tv/Nirnstorm
    YouTube: YouTube.com/Nirnstorm
    Community Discord: https://discord.gg/APy9KK3

PvP Guild - Flame - [ Videos ]

Faction Lock contradicts the One-Tamriel concept.
    Please do NOT keep it in the game.
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NirnStorm wrote: »

Pathetic.

But either way
    Actually truly inspiring
    "

This is literally the first time I've ever seen anyone change their mind or reach an agreement on this forum. I am truly impressed.

All i see is a lot of sarcasm.
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• Reb
    Reb
    ✭✭✭
    Let's talk
    The way that Cyrodill is going is that we have alliance hoppers and spies making the game unfair and super unbalance, we get waves where we only see one color on the map and thats because of shift change yes, but also it's with this whole alliance hopping giving players too much of an unfair advantage to the game.
    We need in-game moderators to be able to see what's actually happening, we are passionate players of the game too, not just PC players, ZOS show us some love please.

You do realise that way back when we began this journey, accounts were faction locked (perfect in my opinion) ...and the the forum gods complained and wailed about how they didnt want to be restricted to a single alliance. So it was changed, its highly unlikely they are going to revert that change
  • Stormshadowonesixty
    Derra wrote: »

Pathetic.

But either way
    Actually truly inspiring
    "

Then that's your mental glitch
    Now that's sarcasm lmao
    I was being 100%
  • Stormshadowonesixty
    Reb wrote: »
    Let's talk

You do realise that way back when we began this journey, accounts were faction locked (perfect in my opinion) ...and the the forum gods complained and wailed about how they didnt want to be restricted to a single alliance. So it was changed, its highly unlikely they are going to revert that change

I don't want them to change it back anymore
    I've entered this game at such a great time where they made it so much better
    I'm happy I didn't play at launch
    I'm happy I'm playing it now because how much they changed everything ZOS pretty much solidified me playing the game for the rest of my life with doing the while 2 hand equals two spots in the set
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Derra wrote: »

Pathetic.

But either way
    Actually truly inspiring
    "

Then that's your mental glitch
    Now that's sarcasm lmao
    I was being 100%

The problem is along the lines of:
    Winning the campaign is pointless.
    Caring about it is pointless and directly related how much time you can spend in the game.
    As a result players don´t care.

It´s not fixable by the community because there is no reason why someone who logs in 6 hours a week should care about the campaign - nor that they can contribute anything meaningful to it´s final result in the first place.

It´s not easily fixable by the devs by just making the campaign win desireable for everyone - because then all the players that can play 24/7 will flock together in one guild to guarantee the campaign win. It would also reinforce currently displayed behavior of having single faction locked campaigns instead of actually fighting over the win in one campaign.
    Which would eliminate any competition that´s left or not.
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Pathetic.

Several problems with your reasoning.

1, unlike EVE, a "spy" in ESO is completely untouchable by his "allies".
    2, unlike EVE, in ESO players can not be "selective about who they invite" because they have to play with whoever queues for cyrodiil on their side.
    3, your suggestion of what the extent of a spies influence can be (it takes you 10 mins instead of 5, boo-hoo) is wrong. Let me explain to you what a spy can do.

- a spy logs in the target faction(lets say blue), and ports to a (blue)keep which holds a captured scroll.
    - his "home" faction(yellow) does a blitz siege of the keep.
    - one of the (yellow) attackers takes the scroll, and immediately suicides.
    - the spy takes the scroll, and then leisurely walks over to the yellow territory, while all the whole blue faction can do is watch.

Im sure you agree this is more than just a small nuisance. It is a blatant abuse of a loophole which makes something that should be very difficult(transporting a scroll through enemy territory) trivial instead.

4, the answer to this can not come from the community, because the community is virtually helpless against this sort of cheating.