Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Follow up on my very 1st post.

rptrainer
rptrainer
✭✭
Sorry if i didn't mark the accepted answer on my 1st post. Is the group content really that big that I'm missing out? I hate playing alone and of course no one to talk to but with my current standpoint it feels like I'm not cut out for this kind of game. Of course with the upcoming undaunted event, I'm sure that I'm not participating. Anyway, I'll try my best to crawl all the way up.
  • Ramber
    Ramber
    ✭✭✭✭
    its easy to make friends, i mean i did it and this was my first mmo. When you do a dngn and you worked well together ask if anyone has a guild you can join. go to craglorn or any main zone and ask to join a guild that does normal dngns/trials or just whatever you like... its not hard.. the hard part is dealing with the *** that might troll you so just make sure you are kind to people and only friend other kind people. If you dont like a guild leave it and try another...

Hope this helps
  • Donny_Vito
    Donny_Vito
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    rptrainer wrote: »
    Sorry if i didn't mark the accepted answer on my 1st post. Is the group content really that big that I'm missing out? I hate playing alone and of course no one to talk to but with my current standpoint it feels like I'm not cut out for this kind of game. Of course with the upcoming undaunted event, I'm sure that I'm not participating. Anyway, I'll try my best to crawl all the way up.

The learning curve for this game is harder than almost any other game I have played. You can obviously roam around the open world and have fun that way, but if you want to start progressing in the end-game content then it can be a challenge to break through the barrier from beginner to journeyman. So don't give up. The game is much easier, and also much more enjoyable, when playing with other people. Go to Stormhaven, Stonefalls, Deshaan, Glenumbra, etc... (beginner zones) and join a guild. You can almost guarantee someone is going to be posting recruitment messages in zone chat, or ask for one yourself. Learn, and this game will be much more enjoyable.
  • Mr_Walker
    Mr_Walker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you do OK in a dungeon people will often ask you to join their guild. Then, simply join in some of the activities. A lot of guilds run regular trials. Most people are pretty chill, and the odd person who you meet (and you will meet them, trust me) isn't worth losing a minute's sleep over.

Also, I'll hazard a guess and say you're low level? Don't listen to the braggadocios and BS artists on this (or any other gaming) forum (forums are notoriously full of twits). This is not an easy game when you're a low level, and despite the claims, most people can't solo dungeons, even on normal.

Above all, don't stress and have fun.
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Non-DLC normal dungeons are easy with a group. Non-DLC Vet dungeons aren't that hard, especially if your CP is over 300. Maybe avoid DLC dungeons until you are more comfortable with groups. Even some of the normal ones can be rough, especially if you are new to group play.

Like @Mr_Walker said, there are plenty of friendly people out there. You'll be fine
  • rptrainer
    rptrainer
    ✭✭
    Currently CP415 DK Tank and most of the time roaming around Bangkorai. Sometimes staying in 1 place like outside eastern evermore gate and WW shrine. Or at least doing WB alone since i can do 4 of 6