Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Combat Metrics without libraries?

Jaimeh
Jaimeh
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Is it possible to have Combat Metrics without the extra library files that get added when one downloads the addon from esoui? I find that they give me lag and errors, but if I delete them, the addon doesn't work. Thank you for any suggestions!
  • Drummerx04
    Drummerx04
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jaimeh wrote: »
    Is it possible to have Combat Metrics without the extra library files that get added when one downloads the addon from esoui? I find that they give me lag and errors, but if I delete them, the addon doesn't work. Thank you for any suggestions!

Libraries in general contain code that is used by multiple application, so removing the library removes some of the code that the application (addon) actually uses.

For addons specifically, it is common to package a library with your addon to guarantee that the library is present within ESO. You can delete the library files from the Combat Metrics installation if you install the standalone version of the deleted libraries... or implement the libraries yourself I guess.

Now I'm not really sure what lag you are referring to with combat metrics libraries, the addon itself primarily just logs data until you open the /cmx window. Once the window is opened, the addon starts crunching the stored data (of which there can be a scary amount after some lengthy or busy fights). If this is the lag you are referring to, then there is likely very little that can be done about it.
    PC/NA - Nightfighters, Raid Leader and Officer
    Lilith Arujo - DC sorc tank/dps/healer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer, Gryphon Heart, Grand Warlord
    Lilith Tortorici - DC templar trials healer

Notable Completions:
    vAS (72k), vMoL HM (160k), vAA HM (135k), vHRC HM, vSO HM (141k), vHoF HM (168k), vCR+3(129k), vDSA 45k, vMA 591k

Original Addons:
    Lilith's Group Manager
    Lilith's Lazy Hacks - Auto Recharge/Repair
    Bot Scanner 2000
    Lilith's Command History
    Maintained Addons:
    Kill Counter
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Drummerx04 wrote: »
    Jaimeh wrote: »

Libraries in general contain code that is used by multiple application, so removing the library removes some of the code that the application (addon) actually uses.

For addons specifically, it is common to package a library with your addon to guarantee that the library is present within ESO. You can delete the library files from the Combat Metrics installation if you install the standalone version of the deleted libraries... or implement the libraries yourself I guess.

Now I'm not really sure what lag you are referring to with combat metrics libraries, the addon itself primarily just logs data until you open the /cmx window. Once the window is opened, the addon starts crunching the stored data (of which there can be a scary amount after some lengthy or busy fights). If this is the lag you are referring to, then there is likely very little that can be done about it.

I've been noticing higher ping when I have the addon installed and turned on, and on occassion I get error messages concerning these libraries. I think one of the files is outdated, but I couldn't find an updated version, however, I will try deleting them from the addon folder and having them separately in the addons folder--I've also read elsewhere that it might help with errors. Thank you so much for the explanation and the suggestions!