The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Starting the fire, and who’s coin purse?

COFFAN
COFFAN
✭✭
Two argonians are sitting near a doused fire, one says he is not allowed to start the fire and they’re going to die anyway without it(or something like that) the other says she is teaching her apprentice to be brave without the fire(again something like that)... they keep appearing in different places on the map in murkmire... no matter what order I reply, or who I talk to, accomplishes anything... what is the point of these two... I feel as if I’m supposed to help start the fire(that’s even an option to select in the dialogue) similar to the other npc’s in the other areas for the achievement, but still it doesn’t happen, nor do I get a prompt to start the fire after communicating with them... anyone have a clue as to what I’m missing here?

(Just added)
If I am aloud to add to this topic.... how about the two people standing near the blackrose wayshire arguing over who the coin purse really belongs too... again been through all the options and they keep appearing... is this correct, or am I missing something
Edited by COFFAN on December 1, 2018 8:49PM
Tee hee
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, i first thought they were part of the "Lightbringer" achievement but i can't help them light the fire either.

No idea what we're supposed to do with them ...
    confused24.gif
  • kadochka
    kadochka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe light the fire before talking to them? In multiple other zones, it comes with an achievement; like, uhh...

Lightbringer
    Two people will appear around an unlit campfire and have a brief conversation about the incompetence of one of them to start a fire. (Often the campfire will appear first, so if you see a campfire appear, wait a few seconds for the campers to show up.) You can then activate the campfire to light it. Doing so earns you some experience, and also gives you increased Maximum Stamina for a short time. If you meet the same campers again later, they will recognize you, and you can activate their still-lit fire again to receive the experience and Maximum Stamina boost, but it will not help with the achievement after the first time.
    Edited by kadochka on November 28, 2018 12:37AM
    if I could make another character, their name would be Cries-For-Character-Slots. AKA, I need more.

• COFFAN
    COFFAN
    ✭✭
    I’ll try that... but when speaking to one of them, one of the listed replies is “I’ll light the fire”... but still nothing happens... but I will try that tonight... I’ll report the results
    kadochka wrote: »
    Maybe light the fire before talking to them? In multiple other zones, it comes with an achievement; like, uhh...

Lightbringer
    Two people will appear around an unlit campfire and have a brief conversation about the incompetence of one of them to start a fire. (Often the campfire will appear first, so if you see a campfire appear, wait a few seconds for the campers to show up.) You can then activate the campfire to light it. Doing so earns you some experience, and also gives you increased Maximum Stamina for a short time. If you meet the same campers again later, they will recognize you, and you can activate their still-lit fire again to receive the experience and Maximum Stamina boost, but it will not help with the achievement after the first time.

Tee hee
  • COFFAN
    COFFAN
    ✭✭
    If I am aloud to add to this topic.... how about the two people standing near the blackrose wayshire arguing over who the coin purse really belongs too... again been through all the options and they keep appearing... is this correct, or am I missing something
    Tee hee
  • kadochka
    kadochka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    COFFAN wrote: »

I think it might count for one of the achievements like 'help the 2 people (2 instances, so technically 4. Check Grahtwood.) settle a dispute' thing. But I've seen that and I didn't get anything, as far as I recall...??? Maybe?
    I think you just pick whoever you want.. dunno why.
    if I could make another character, their name would be Cries-For-Character-Slots. AKA, I need more.

• COFFAN
    COFFAN
    ✭✭
    I have picked all the options available at different times running into them... and everyonce I awhile they’re back... but the fire one never stops, no matter what option I pick and close the dialogue, I can right away talk to either one and it’s like I’ve never talked to them before
    Tee hee