The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Addon for Researching Traits

m4keyourself
m4keyourself
✭✭
Hello friends!! I was wondering if anyone knows of a good addon that will tell you if an item has a trait you haven't r researched yet in the tooltip/when you hover over it?

I've been dungeon delving and I just have TONS of gear, some of which I haven't researched yet. I'm finding it pretty time consuming flipping back and forth between checking what I haven't researched yet with what I can deconstruct. So I'd imagine there would be an addon that helps with this.

Thank you!
  • mague
    mague
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think Research Assistant still works.

There are a few more on esoui.com. You will have to try which one is doing it for you.

Unless its nirn or jewelry i wouldnt waste much space on it. You can buy most of it for a few gold.
  • Feric51
    Feric51
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @makeyurself There should be a little icon next to the item decription in your inventory - I think it looks like a little magnifying glass - to indicate that you still need to research that trait on that item.

Also, when you're in the deconstruction menu at a crafting station, all items that have traits already researched will be sorted to the top, with a definite "page break" before listing all items still needing researched.

Both of those are included in the base game UI with no addon needed, as I see them on console.
    Feric51
    Xbox NA

Darkness Falls: The Crusade survivor (you young kids will never know the struggle of text-based games)

• silvermistktralasub17_ESO
    Craft store and traitbuddy are 2 that I use regularly. Craftstore also helps you to identify motifs you don't yet know. And you can check your research on any character by opening the craft store window and clicking the character name at the bottom, then choosing which character you want to look at. It's very valuable there.

@Alassirana