Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Hybrid DK with up to 6500 Spell and Weapon Damage Outnumbered Gameplay

SkysOutThizeOut
SkysOutThizeOut
✭✭✭✭
By far my most favorite way to play the DK to date. Hybrid DK displaying 2 different setups: One with 5500 WD/SD and another with 6500 WD/SD. All videos are outnumbered gameplay. 1vX, 2vX, 3vX, 5vX, 6vX. We beat some of everyones favorite EP, AD, and DC zerg guilds. Thanks for the awesome gameplay Laynon, Gunzork, DevilSpawn, Rajin, Animation Canceling, Faded, Balocay, MatheusESO, TBoy, and Umasaki.

https://youtu.be/qE_2NExaPVg
Edited by SkysOutThizeOut on November 29, 2018 1:12AM
  • Sevn
    Sevn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice vid, I love using and seeing other hybrids in action! I have a couple myself, man are they fun to play.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man, true nobility is being superior to your former self
    -Hemingway
  • Neloth
    Neloth
    ✭✭✭✭
    Now I want to see build itself.

GG!
  • Metemsycosis
    Metemsycosis
    ✭✭✭✭
    Me too. Beautiful gameplay. My only DK is a hybrid, so you gave me inspiration
    Terethea Magdalena, Breton Nightblade
    A Dark-Adapted Eye, Imperial Necromancer

sanguinare vampiris

https://m.twitch.tv/amcrenshaw/profile
  • Casul
    Casul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Neloth wrote: »
    Now I want to see build itself.

GG!

As far as gear goes I think it is blood spawn, pilenials, 7th legion.

PvP needs more love.
  • Sarousse
    Sarousse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BuildMan wrote: »
    As far as gear goes I think it is blood spawn, pilenials, 7th legion.

You won't reach 6500 mp with this setup. I'd say balorg / pelinal / ravager (or clever alchemist).

Edited by Sarousse on November 27, 2018 7:59AM
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    People keep believing hybrids are not strong...This patch hybrids will rule in due time. CP PvP at least :D
  • ATomiX96
    ATomiX96
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kadoin wrote: »
    People keep believing hybrids are not strong...This patch hybrids will rule in due time. CP PvP at least :D

Because they arent...
    You have to waste 1 Set to bring your wd and sd even, you have to split blue CP, lets not even talk about Armor pen...

You know.. everything looks good when you are farming potatoes
  • Sevn
    Sevn
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Wasting your time, just wait until some streamer comes up with one and you will see a change of attitude. Of this I have no doubt. There are a bunch of new sets that really make hybrids practical in lots of content.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man, true nobility is being superior to your former self
    -Hemingway
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    But what if you didn’t have to use pelinals.

Clever alch boosts both already
    Balorgh boosts both already
    Shackle boosts both already (in its own way)
    Wep enchant boosts both already

Igneous boosts both already (20% major brutality and sorcery buff if you pick that morph)
    Not sure if DK earthern heart gives minor sorcery and minor brutality or just the latter

But.... it seems feasible, especially in nocp, that someone could do it without running pelinals.
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What benefit are you getting going hybrid? You get to use whip? But you can pretty much use two handers execute to do similar damage?
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xsorus wrote: »
    What benefit are you getting going hybrid? You get to use whip? But you can pretty much use two handers execute to do similar damage?

I imagine it’s the healing from whip / embers
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sevn wrote: »

Wasting your time, just wait until some streamer comes up with one and you will see a change of attitude. Of this I have no doubt. There are a bunch of new sets that really make hybrids practical in lots of content.

You're right about that...I dont use Pelenial's and my hybrid's damage is very close to pure builds. I find it especially hard to justify a pure build on my DK for PvP when both stam and mag DK feel like they are lacking all the time...
    Xsorus wrote: »

I'd imagine he is aiming for a massive healing from whip? I've seen the heal go past 20K tooltip on my DK (honestly surprised it has not been nerfed or capped yet, yet another one of ZOS' failings...) :D

One advantage for me is that I don't have to fear absorb magic and negate magic, since most of my chars tilt towards magicka. That's a massive benefit for me.

If I'm using a medium hybrid, better rolling, sneak, 25% AoE damage reduction, etc. are not bad things to gain even at the expense of cost reduction, crit, and penetration in light armor. In fact, it's not hard to justify using medium on a pure mag build in PvP, which says a lot about ZOS' idea of balance :D. Medium armor healers are already around on PC NA, and I expect them to grow in number...

I also can access to all the other benefits stam has over mag and vice-versa and use whatever skill or combination of them I want. You'd be surprised at what is really possible for a hybrid and just how broken they can really become. All hybrids have gained power in PvP over the last patches because of ZOS' nerfs and will continue to do so...

Personally, I like them because they make the best troll builds and let me play pranks on people...
  • SkysOutThizeOut
    SkysOutThizeOut
    ✭✭✭✭
    Whip, embers, cinderstorm, coag blood, cauterize. Lots of different heals. Heals that heal while on the offense. If anyone bothered to look closely at the latter part of the video they would have seen kena procs. That set is currently the difference between heal tanks living and dying. Blood spawn is just much better for open because you don’t have to worry about proc’ing it, but proc’ing kena is pretty easy with a 7meter range.
  • SkysOutThizeOut
    SkysOutThizeOut
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Kadoin definitely wouldn’t say lash is broken. Especially on the mag dk. Because as you said the mag dk struggles something fierce right now compared to the start of the year. 20k tooltip heal halved is 10k (a typical sorc shield). 45% defile almost immediately halves it to 5500. Usually on a straight mag setup you are sacrificing a little bit of something to achieve such a large whip.
  • BaylorCorvette
    BaylorCorvette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can confirm that this build hits hard. Straight up rolled us with that group. Pretty impressive really.
    Supreme Leader Corvette - StamSorc
    Founder of Dominion Special Forces
    YouTube - ESO & Automotive Racing
    DC Zerg Busting
  • Casul
    Casul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thogard wrote: »
    But what if you didn’t have to use pelinals.

Clever alch boosts both already
    Balorgh boosts both already
    Shackle boosts both already (in its own way)
    Wep enchant boosts both already

Igneous boosts both already (20% major brutality and sorcery buff if you pick that morph)
    Not sure if DK earthern heart gives minor sorcery and minor brutality or just the latter

But.... it seems feasible, especially in nocp, that someone could do it without running pelinals.

This made me curious so I ran it through a build editor, found this out.

Helm - Balorgh - heavy - prismatic
    Shoulder - Balorgh - heavy - prismatic
    Chest - CA - heavy - prismatic
    Gloves - CA - medium - prismatic
    Belt - CA - light - prismatic
    Legs - CA - heavy - prismatic
    Boots - CA - heavy - prismatic

Ring1 - shackle - triune - stamina recovery
    Ring2 - shackle - triune - stamina recovery
    Neck - shackle - triune - stamina recovery

Axe - shackle - nirn - foulness
    Sword - shackle - infused - weapon damage

Tristat food and lover mundus and vampire

Unbuffed im at (non pvp)

25.6k hp
    28.1k mag
    26.7k Stam

231 HR
    806 MR
    1456 SR

2156 SD
    2236 WD

30% crit for both

19k SR
    16k PR
    3134 CR

Penetration are 6k spell, 2.7k physical
    ————————————
    But here’s the kicker, fully buffed. (Balorgh at 125, CA, infused weapon damage)

Weapon and spell damage are at 4.3k and 4.2k respectively.

(Balrogh at 500 is 5.2k and 5.1k)

I ran it with a bleed based dot idea and here are some tool tips (4K spec)

Blood craze: 11317 over 9
    Engulfing flame: 11737 over 10
    Burning ember: 17606 over 10.5
    Flames of oblivion: 6819
    Ferocious Leap: 16926

Cp wasn’t super optimized, I could change it up and push penetration up to the 10k realm with some adjustment. But overall looks decent for a non pelinial hybrid.

Cool idea.

PvP needs more love.
  • SkysOutThizeOut
    SkysOutThizeOut
    ✭✭✭✭
    @BaylorCorvette thanks. Luckily I was surrounded with players that have better mechanics than I.
  • SkysOutThizeOut
    SkysOutThizeOut
    ✭✭✭✭
    @BuildMan sb can give you major fracture and breach. And remember pelinial only needs to be on one bar... not both.
  • Casul
    Casul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @BuildMan sb can give you major fracture and breach. And remember pelinial only needs to be on one bar... not both.

Very true, I do not run hybrids because I play better as a specialized build. But when the idea was presented I figured I could run the numbers just to see how viable it would be. Honestly the only hybrid I ever made was a high elf sorcerer who was running medium armor with a 2h, but used necropotence. So i ended up with ~35000 magicka. I just used that for hardened ward and clannfear heals. Was fun but definitely not my cup of tea.
    PvP needs more love.
  • SkysOutThizeOut
    SkysOutThizeOut
    ✭✭✭✭
    @BuildMan I only see hybrid truly benefitting in terms of heals. It’s a great alternative to tankyness, sustain, utility, and in a dk’s case healing in the offense. Because stam heals alone on a medium armor build are lackluster.
    Edited by SkysOutThizeOut on November 27, 2018 6:38PM
  • Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Whip, embers, cinderstorm, coag blood, cauterize. Lots of different heals. Heals that heal while on the offense. If anyone bothered to look closely at the latter part of the video they would have seen kena procs. That set is currently the difference between heal tanks living and dying. Blood spawn is just much better for open because you don’t have to worry about proc’ing it, but proc’ing kena is pretty easy with a 7meter range.

I mean yea i can see if you used those abilities with this build it'd probably work

But of those abilities you posted I only seen Whip being used by you in the video, I think maybe once or two in the video you used Embers over the other morph.

I didn't see the last 3 at all used.

• SkysOutThizeOut
    SkysOutThizeOut
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Xsorus I have tested them and used them. And he whip heal is big enough to make the hybrid worth it. But for dueling dropping wings for one of those others is beneficial and in bgs if your whole team has major fracture noxious isn’t necessary.
  • Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Xsorus I have tested them and used them. And he whip heal is big enough to make the hybrid worth it. But for dueling dropping wings for one of those others is beneficial and in bgs if your whole team has major fracture noxious isn’t necessary.

k

• SkysOutThizeOut
    SkysOutThizeOut
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Xsorus thanks though for coming. Just wanted to let the community know what I found and that it’s viable.
  • SkysOutThizeOut
    SkysOutThizeOut
    ✭✭✭✭
    Anyone want a build video?
  • TheStealthDude
    TheStealthDude
    ✭✭✭✭
    Anyone want a build video?

For sure!
  • susniand
    susniand
    ✭✭
    Im ready for it
  • joseayalac
    joseayalac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hybrids are stronger in non-CP because you don't have to split your blue CP and because the recoveries somewhat "add up" because you use both stamina and magicka pools. (In non-CP people have less recovery so pulling from both resource pools makes more of a difference)
  • SkysOutThizeOut
    SkysOutThizeOut
    ✭✭✭✭
    @joseayalac my new hybrid build, different than posted, performs better and hit harder than the pure build I had before. The pure build was 16k pen, 4150 spell damage, and 38.5k magicka.