The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Any race any alliance upgrade

bongtokin420insd16
bongtokin420insd16
✭✭✭✭
Question:

If I purchase this upgrade and then attempt to change the race of one of my characters will it: (Lets say High Elf to Dark elf)

A, allow me to change the race but only to an alliance member.
B, allow me to change to any race but will also change my alliance faction (IE from yellow to Red) Or
C, allow me to change to any race but will keep me in the same faction.

I need feedback before i spend money on these steps. Any help would be appreciated.

Kaz_Wastelander PS4NA
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Your faction will always stay the same. There is currently no way to faction change. A race change will do just what it implies. Change your race to any one that character can legitimately be. If you have the any race, any alliance pack, then you can race change to most other races except imperial, which you would need the appropriate pack to change into.
    Edited by redspecter23 on November 26, 2018 8:38PM
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    C

There is no way to change your alliance once you've made the character.

The Any Race, Any Alliance upgrade separates the two choices - so when you're making a new character you can pick your race and alliances separately instead of the alliance changing when you pick a different race, and when you use a race change token it will allow you to pick from any of the available races instead of just those in your alliance.

(Note that you also need to buy a race change token to use it with an existing character - the ARAA upgrade on it's own won't let you change your race.)
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"