The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Old player comming back

VonL
VonL
Hello ppl! I was playing Teso since beta and for the first months after launch, then i had a break and i played again for some months before 2,5 years! Since then i had no contact with the game! Now i want to come back and i am wondering what i need to buy! I intend to subscribe again. I realised that if i play my old account, where i have some cp toons etc, i will have to buy morrowind and warden class from the crown shop. But standar edition for new account is only 10 nowdays. Anyway i will go for a new account because it will be a chaos if i log into a maxed toon. So i must buy standard edition of the game + summerset? or what, in order to have the full content?

Best Answer

• VonL
    VonL
    Ty very much my friend!
    Answer ✓
  • Qualanthar
    Qualanthar
    ✭✭
    Yes if you want to start new, you'd buy Standard (which includes Morrowind and Warden) and then buy Summerset you could also but the Collection to get everything.

I think the $10 standard edition is just the black friday sale which ends soon, as opposed to "nowadays"

You will also need to subscribe to ESO + for access to all the DLC content.
  • Puzzlenuts
    Puzzlenuts
    ✭✭✭
    Welcome back. I believe you just need Summerset for full content if you intend to subscribe. Morrowind, I believe is included with Summerset now (someone can correct me if I'm wrong on that)
  • Qualanthar
    Qualanthar
    ✭✭
    Puzzlenuts wrote: »
    Welcome back. I believe you just need Summerset for full content if you intend to subscribe. Morrowind, I believe is included with Summerset now (someone can correct me if I'm wrong on that)

Ya that's wrong. It's base game includes morrowind, need to buy Summerset for Summerset only access.
    Edited by Qualanthar on November 26, 2018 6:23PM
  • Puzzlenuts
    Puzzlenuts
    ✭✭✭
    Ok I knew it was included one way or the other.
  • VonL
    VonL
    Ty all, yes i will subscribe anyway. And i intend to buy my stuff now since the black friday is on still. One last question, there is the summerset upgrade thing. What is that? Since i am going to buy the normal Standar edition of the game, can i just buy the summerset upgrade or the Summerset standar edition?

• Qualanthar
    Qualanthar
    ✭✭
    VonL wrote: »
    Ty all, yes i will subscribe anyway. And i intend to buy my stuff now since the black friday is on still. One last question, there is the summerset upgrade thing. What is that? Since i am going to buy the normal Standar edition of the game, can i just buy the summerset upgrade or the Summerset standar edition?

The upgrade only works for upgrading existing accounts. Summerset Standard is base game + Summerset (ie excludes Morrowind). So if you buy Standard edition (which includes Morrowind) and Summerset upgrade you'll have a new fully enabled account (ie including Morrowind).

It's actually quite a bit cheaper to do it that way then the Collection so I'd go for it.