The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Undaunted dungeons why run them after a time?

Veinblood1965
Veinblood1965
✭✭✭✭✭
Just curious, I've just started running them a while back and completed all the normal and a few vet. I managed to get my Illambris helm and shoulder which is what got me started. Other than picking up transmute crystals and saving them for when needed what are other reasons to keep running these other than just learning group mechanics? I heard someone in zone the other day mention undaunted motifs and something about those changing monthly and whispered but no reply. Thanks for any replies, I have limited time weekdays so if there aren't things I am missing then I'd like to spend that time exploring etc.

Edited by Veinblood1965 on November 26, 2018 4:04PM
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    • Events
    • Boredom
    • Someone needs assist/gear
    • Quick 100k RDF Daily

The Monster style in question changes from month to month, and is only a % drop chance from the specific dungeon at the time. They are always set to coordinate with the armor/weapon offering by the same name, available in the Crown Store.

Edited by Merlin13KAGL on November 26, 2018 4:22PM
    Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • Puzzlenuts
    Puzzlenuts
    ✭✭✭
    Some do it to work towards the achievements involved with doing dungeons.
  • yodased
    yodased
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They are not motifs, they are style pages. Basically you have a x% chance of the featured boss to drop their mask and an x% the shoulder will drop from the undaunted chest
    Tl;dr really weigh the fun you have in game vs the business practices you are supporting.
  • Veinblood1965
    Veinblood1965
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you everyone.
  • AcadianPaladin
    AcadianPaladin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds like you've run enough dungeons to know whether you enjoy them. I enjoy a fair number of the dungeons and have fun running them. Others I do not enjoy so I don't repeat them. There is so much to do in this game that I only do things I enjoy.
    PC NA(no Steam), PvE, mostly solo
  • moonio
    moonio
    ✭✭✭✭
    Because PVPers need the Undaunted passives to survive in Cyrodiil, each new character needs to do the daily pledges multiple times in order to be PVP ready...

This is the required passive

Undaunted Mettle – Increases your max health, stamina and magicka by 2% per type of armor (heavy, medium and light) that you have equipped
  • moonio
    moonio
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is good too if you have a Templar throwing shards into melee fighters

Undaunted Command – Activating a synergy ability restores you for X% of your Max Health, Stamina, and Magicka. Current Bonus: X Health, X Stamina, and X Magicka.
  • D0PAMINE
    D0PAMINE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Just curious, I've just started running them a while back and completed all the normal and a few vet. I managed to get my Illambris helm and shoulder which is what got me started. Other than picking up transmute crystals and saving them for when needed what are other reasons to keep running these other than just learning group mechanics? I heard someone in zone the other day mention undaunted motifs and something about those changing monthly and whispered but no reply. Thanks for any replies, I have limited time weekdays so if there aren't things I am missing then I'd like to spend that time exploring etc.

Helping new friends you met get better at dungeons, mechanics, and getting gear. Those same players who hit you up and always wanna do group content, because you're their friend.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The first reason would be to clear them, see the story lines.

The second would be to farm gear.

The third, newer players would use them to improve their skill and awareness.

This last point is especially true since even within the vet dungeons some are more challenging than others. They are a good stepping stone to vet trials as well.

With vet trials many of us have run the same trial hundreds of times. Considering when they are the weekly leaderboard we some have run the same trial 6-10 times just that week.
  • D0PAMINE
    D0PAMINE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    idk wrote: »
    The first reason would be to clear them, see the story lines.

The second would be to farm gear.

The third, newer players would use them to improve their skill and awareness.

This last point is especially true since even within the vet dungeons some are more challenging than others. They are a good stepping stone to vet trials as well.

With vet trials many of us have run the same trial hundreds of times. Considering when they are the weekly leaderboard we some have run the same trial 6-10 times just that week.

I missed out on seeing the actual storylines the first time around and was always rushing to avoid holding up the group, which I now know is not a big deal. Good post.