The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Racial Passive Changes: What do we know?

Strychnos
Strychnos
✭✭✭
Hey!

Just curious. I've seen some things going around about how racial passives will be getting changed/balanced in future updates.

What's actually been officially stated about this? I've seen some people saying that passives will be changed so that race will essentially not matter in the future, but I don't know if that's true.

Do we know what Zenimax has officially said about this issue? What would you like to be changed?

Personally I love Argonians, but the fact that they are objectively the best choice for tanking and (probably) healing is a little too much. As much as I love them, I'll admit that they need a nerf. Nords also REALLY need some help. I wouldn't play them even if they were viable, but I'd like for them to be usable for those that want to play them.
lvl50 Characters:
Toxlexel (Argonian Templar PvE Healer, EP)
Grove-of-Trees-Swaying (Argonian Vampire NB PvE Tank, EP)
Kazabi-daro (Khajiit DK PvE DPS, AD)- build under renovation
Iroas Candaalil (Maormer [Dunmer] PvE Sorc DPS, EP, vMA build)- build under renovation
Trick-of-the-Light(Argonian Warden PvE Healer, EP)
Characters being leveled:
Meera-Ei (Argonian DK PvP Tank, EP, Grove's sister)
  • LeHarrt91
    LeHarrt91
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its all said in the 'A New Approach' thread at the top of the forums.
    PS NA 1800+ CP
    Have played all classes.
    Warden Main

• BigBadVolk
    BigBadVolk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That it will come with Update 21
    "The ass is similar to the opinion: Everyone has it, but no one cares about the others!"
    I'm 120 years old
  • lucky_Sage
    lucky_Sage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They just said they basically want race to not make your play style as much as is does is what if got put off it so I expect most races to be nerfed even weak one mostly max stat and dmg type of think
    DC PC NA
    Magdk - main
    Stamcro - alt

AD PS4 NA -retired (PC runs way better to play on console)
    magdk
    magblade
    stamplar
    magden
    magsorc

• idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LeHarrt91 wrote: »

And we know nothing more. Probally will not know anything more until we get closer to when they plan the changes.
  • LeHarrt91
    LeHarrt91
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »
    LeHarrt91 wrote: »

And we know nothing more. Probally will not know anything more until we get closer to when they plan the changes.

^^^ This, we really can only wait to see what then officially release.
    PS NA 1800+ CP
    Have played all classes.
    Warden Main

• Heimpai
    Heimpai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did it mention when the update will be or just Q1 2019?
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We know nothing except reps will take first stab at yelling at the devs lol

Also racial ultimates; im calling it
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Checkmath
    Checkmath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    *Silently leaving this thread....*
  • Elwendryll
    Elwendryll
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Checkmath wrote: »
    *Silently leaving this thread....*

Don't tease us like that :(
    PC - EU - France - AD
    Main character: Qojikrin - Khajiit Sorcerer Tank/Stamina DD - since March 25, 2015.
    Guildmaster of Oriflamme: Focus on 4 player endgame content.
    Member of Brave Cat Trade, Panda Division and Toadhuggers.

All 4-man trifectas - TTT, IR, GH
  • ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Make Khajiits great again.
  • RavenSworn
    RavenSworn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Again there's nothing more concrete than what has already been said.
    Minno wrote: »

OH boy that is gonna be great though if it does come out.
    Ingame: RavenSworn, Pc / NA.

Of Wolf and Raven
    Solo / Casual guild for beginners and new players wanting to join the game. Pst me for invite!
  • Bashev
    Bashev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Minno wrote: »

If they add ultimates to the races, then they will be way more unbalanced as they are right now.

I really cannot imagine that, though it will be really nice because you know every new skill brings some excitement.
    Because I can!
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lucky_Sage wrote: »
    They just said they basically want race to not make your play style as much as is does is what if got put off it so I expect most races to be nerfed even weak one mostly max stat and dmg type of think

That sounds like the opposite of what I read. Rob said “Players should feel a stronger sense of power progression through racial passives as they level up.” Which leads me to believe racial passives will be buffed to be more impactful in combat.

He also said “When selecting a race, players should have multiple effective options for any given gameplay role.”. But this doesn’t mean that all races will be equal in all roles, just that things like Nord vs Argonian tanks or Khajiit vs Redguard DPS are more similar in effectiveness.
  • Elwendryll
    Elwendryll
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm expecting some flat values, and more diverses bonuses.
    PC - EU - France - AD
    Main character: Qojikrin - Khajiit Sorcerer Tank/Stamina DD - since March 25, 2015.

• Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • Masel
    Masel
    Class Representative
    How about.... everything? :trollface:
    PC EU

All Trial Trifecta Titles Done!

Youtube:
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChVEG6ckuAgGs5OyA6VeisA
  • Elwendryll
    Elwendryll
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Masel wrote: »
    How about.... everything? :trollface:

Can we make an exception about the "not calling someone a troll" for our awesome reps this time? xD
    PC - EU - France - AD

• Palidon
    Palidon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How about quit with the nerfs and character passive changes and start concentrating for fixing the game performance issues.
  • Masel
    Masel
    Class Representative
    Palidon wrote: »
    How about quit with the nerfs and character passive changes and start concentrating for fixing the game performance issues.

I keep wondering though, if we get nerfs and nerfs and nerfs and nerfs only, how did DPS go up a lot since morrowind, to levels we didnt have before it? Before Morrowind, 30k dps was really good. Now, 50k dps is really good.

Players tend to focus on nerfs only and neglect all the buffs we got over that time...
    PC EU

Youtube:
  • eso_nya
    eso_nya
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I keep wondering though, if we get nerfs and nerfs and nerfs and nerfs only, how did DPS go up a lot since morrowind, to levels we didnt have before it? Before Morrowind, 30k dps was really good. Now, 50k dps is really good.

Players tend to focus on nerfs only and neglect all the buffs we got over that time...

That depends on the viewpoint. The nerfs that [edit: sry for using an evil word here] *** me off make me unhappy usually dont influence max dps.
    Morrowind sustain nerfs: no biggy for premades, suck for soloplay and pugs.
    Current speednerfs: dummy doesnt care; major impact on things like heists, farming materials, hell even slowmo walking from questgiver to targetarea. would be okay if it was pvp only, or pve and pvp but monsters stop snaring u all the time.
    All the nerfs to heavy armor, shields and so on, dummy parse didnt care for those.

true light attacks got buffed and scale with maxpool now, but that doesnt help to do your writs faster.
    than there was the new meta sets that do better dmg, but they r still hidden behind clusterfck rng grinds.
    there is transmutation now, but rich (was it?) still doesnt have his firestick in any trait ;)

we r 2(?) years in on "raising the floor and lowering the ceiling" but somehow the gap feels wider than ever before.
    Edited by eso_nya on November 27, 2018 1:56PM
  • Elwendryll
    Elwendryll
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Without even considering buffs and nerfs, overall dps is bound to increase (rather slowly) with the CP cap increase. And people can focus more and more on offensive stats because of the mitigation from CP. I remember the minimum health requirements being around 17-18k before, now I see more people around 15-16k, but that's maybe just me.
    Edited by Elwendryll on November 27, 2018 2:42PM
    PC - EU - France - AD

• Masel
    Masel
    Class Representative
    Elwendryll wrote: »

Without even considering buffs and nerfs, overall dps is bound to increase (rather slowly) with the CP cap increase. And people can focus more and more on offensive stats because of the mitigation from CP. I remember the minimum health requirements being around 17-18k before, now I see more people around 15-16k, but that's maybe just me.

I should've been clearer before. I've seen many people being afraid of nerfs to races all over the place. This is unjustified. We're trying to achieve changes that lead to more diversity overall, and so far we've seen improvements. Changes to combat go through our hands now and we can actively suggest things that actually have been implemented, and prevented changes that would've been unpopular
    PC EU

Youtube:
  • Elwendryll
    Elwendryll
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elwendryll wrote: »

I should've been clearer before. I've seen many people being afraid of nerfs to races all over the place. This is unjustified. We're trying to achieve changes that lead to more diversity overall, and so far we've seen improvements. Changes to combat go through our hands now and we can actively suggest things that actually have been implemented, and prevented changes that would've been unpopular

I don't really understand your answer, I'm not afraid at all and I do agree with what you said. I just wanted to add that a dps increase, in my opinion, is natural, because of the evolution of CPs over time. I'm actually very confident in both the devs and the reps and have been asking myself for some changes in the racial passives. But yes, as the running poll shows, a decent amount of people are worried, and it really looks like some over reacting and overall lack of confidence in ZOS.
    Edited by Elwendryll on November 27, 2018 4:31PM
    PC - EU - France - AD