The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

A beggar's itemization request

Solariken
Solariken
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭
I'd like to ask ZOS to have a look at itemization for armor sets. Specifically, to never put a max stat (health, stamina, magicka) modifier on the 2 or 4 piece bonus. It has always deeply bothered me that I could lose max stat simply for swapping bars.

For example, I would like to be able to run 5 pieces of Battlefield Acrobat on one bar only, but if I choose to do this, bar swap COSTS me at least 1071 stamina. This is crazy. It's even worse with a max health bonus because you run the risk of putting yourself into execute range just by bar swapping.

In general I really dislike the idea of max stats changing so rapidly in combat, especially on a mechanic that occurs as often as bar swap.

Maybe you don't have time to look at all armor sets, but maybe you would be able to at least change Battlefield Acrobat to the following:

(2) recovery
(3) max stam
(4) recovery
(50 Reduces the cost of all of your abilities by 6%

Thanks for reading.
Edited by Solariken on November 25, 2018 8:18PM
  • IAVITNI
    IAVITNI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ordering of stats is part of how sets are balanced.

Imagine back barring Nocturnals Favor without any drawback.

Also, I'm pretty sure Battlefield Acrobat was intentionally made to dissuade back barring, as it would easily outperform alteration at that point.
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Solariken wrote: »
    In general I really dislike the idea of max stats changing so rapidly in combat, especially on a mechanic that occurs as often as bar swap.

This is simply a consequence of you creating a build that does not run the same sets on both bars ... not something that should be changed in the game's itemization.

Edited by Taleof2Cities on November 25, 2018 11:39PM
  • Solariken
    Solariken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

This is simply a consequence of you creating a build that does not run the same sets on both bars ... not something that should be changed in the game's itemization.

@Taleof2Cities you realize that arena weapons are a thing right?
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@Taleof2Cities you realize that arena weapons are a thing right?

They are.

But, that doesn’t warrant a change in set bonuses.