Maintenance for the week of September 9:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 9

Where can I download/buy large format ESO art concept paintings (from ESO load screens)?

StormChaser3000
StormChaser3000
✭✭✭✭✭
Does anyone know where I can download or buy large versions of ESO art concepts for my appartments so I could use frames of the size about 45x30 inches? (numbers are aproximate to give the general idea about desired size)

I did a small research and found that the artist's name is Jeremy Fenske, however some of the art pieces have "Zenimax all right reserved" notes on them. So technically to whom should I apply with my request?
Here is the link bwt on some of his works http://conceptartworld.com/news/the-elder-scrolls-online-concept-art-by-jeremy-fenske/
I especially love these peices:
Elder_Scrolls_Online_Concept_Art_Jeremy_Fenske_06.jpg
Elder_Scrolls_Online_Concept_Art_Craglorn_01.jpg
Elder_Scrolls_Online_Concept_Art_Village.jpg
@ZOS_GinaBruno do you have any information about this by any chance?
  • Perwulf
    Perwulf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Monsters doesn't exist, we create them"
  • StormChaser3000
    StormChaser3000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Perwulf wrote: »

They are too small unfortunately. I need higher resolution.
  • Lord_Eomer
    Lord_Eomer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
  • FinneganFroth
    FinneganFroth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Where is the first image from? Can't say I've ever noticed that one.
  • Perwulf
    Perwulf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Perwulf wrote: »

They are too small unfortunately. I need higher resolution.

Oh my bad. I was doing TL:DR. Anyways, I've converted 45x30 to pixels and I doubt that you will find that size unless it's a special order from an artists.

To give you an insight, we artists usually works only up to 3k pixels max but some may go up to 5k but can still be used as huge wallpapers like the ones you've request but, it has to be in correct DPI, in this case 300dpi for prints. As for the link I gave you, it only has 72 DPI so there will be quality loss on that scale.

However, I'm pretty sure ZOS have 300dpi wallpapers but it is probably used for their merchandise and is not free.
  • Acrolas
    Acrolas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    however some of the art pieces have "Zenimax all right reserved" notes on them. So technically to whom should I apply with my request?

That's not a note. That's a preservation of copyright.
    All rights also included not doing things. They have no obligation to publish, sell, or customize their assets, outside of the necessary use in commerce to maintain registered trademarks.

Saving a copy of an image to your hard drive in its original dimensions and including all original information published is fair private use. However, physically distributing these images in any way, with or without copyright information, even for private use, runs afoul of copyright law.

Technically, all the images on Fenske's site pertaining to The Elder Scrolls Online should include the Zenimax copyright information.

Images approved for sale are found in the Bethesda store, or other retail partners.
    https://gear.bethesda.net/collections/art
    https://gear.bethesda.net/collections/books-media
    signing off
  • StormChaser3000
    StormChaser3000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @FinneganFroth
    No idea. Haven't seen it myself ingame as well. Could be something they keep for the future.

@Perwulf
    The best one I found so far is 1920x1080 with 96 dpi. I converted it too in Photoshop to desired size, but it seems somewhat too blurry. I could try to apply filters but first I will try to ask more around. Most likely I probably should contact the artist directly.

@Acrolas
    As I mentioned in my original post all I want is to print it and hang it on the wall. I touched the copyright question only because I was trying to figure out who of them has a right to sell high resolution images.
  • Perwulf
    Perwulf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @StormChaser3000
    If you really need one and don't mind a little quality lost. 150dpi should pass for printing but all in all 300dpi is still the best one if you want to print something of that size.

Take note that, what you see digitally differs after printed. What I mean is, It may look blurry in your screen but it may not be blurry when printed because you're viewing it at a close/monitor range. After all, an artwork of that scale isn't meant to be viewed point blank but instead, from a distance. So if you want a pixel free artwork, you would want a traditional artwork instead of digital.

Also, you don't need to apply the actual pixel size for printing, to be clear, a 192x1080 w/300dpi doesn't need to be scaled up to your desired pixel size which is roughly 13,000x7000 pixels because the printer itself will do the job. Just give them the 1920x1080 w/300 DPI image and the printer will scale it automatically without looking blurry.

To simplify it, a billboard would be a perfect example for this scenario; I can use a small pixel size under 970x250 pixels w/300 dpi and still look good for a billboard.
  • StormChaser3000
    StormChaser3000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you for the idea @Perwulf
    I might actually try that. I remember when I had to print some slightly blurry posters in the past, they turned out to look suprisingly good.
  • Marcusstratus
    Marcusstratus
    ✭✭✭
    If you're going to upscale images in Photoshop CC, be sure Preserve Details 2.0 is used. I found this feature earlier this year and have used it to make 72 dpi internet images 300dpi printer quality and maintain their size. Can't recommend it enough, check out this tutorial.

https://youtu.be/Yv2gR5HAmb8
    Edited by Marcusstratus on November 25, 2018 4:27PM
  • StormChaser3000
    StormChaser3000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Marcusstratus
    I have just followed your advice and used Preserve Details 2.0 option in PS CC. The results are incredible. It looks very sharp and detailed. Almost no quality loss. As if someone scanned full size original canvas. This will work perfectly.
    Thank you so much!
    smiley-saying-thank-you.png