The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Getting a Popup in the center of my screen, telling me I'm in a queue??

DrOuttaSight
DrOuttaSight
✭✭✭
I'm getting a Popup in the center of my screen, telling me I'm in a queue?
when I try login into the game, on the European server.

Then I get dumped back to the login in screen.

Has Zen ran out of server space???
Forums are for........... venting/letting off steam
Feed the needy Not the greedy
In Virtual Space No One Can Hear You Scream!!!

PC EU Clockwork Server
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

PC, PS4, or XBot?
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • DrOuttaSight
    DrOuttaSight
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry forgot to add

Pc
    Forums are for........... venting/letting off steam
    Feed the needy Not the greedy
    In Virtual Space No One Can Hear You Scream!!!

PC EU Clockwork Server
  • ixie
    ixie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've had this a few times in the last month but the message went away after about 20 seconds and then continued with the login, I wasn't booted back to the login screen.
    PC EU

Ixie - Breton Nightblade
    Paints-With-Frogs - Argonian Nightblade
    Swee Troll - Crafter Dragonknight
  • Shadowshire
    Shadowshire
    ✭✭✭✭

That happened to me once, playing on PC NA, about ten days ago. Of course, after it returned me to the game log-in dialog, I entered my password (the account name was already in its field) and logged-in to play without that occurring again.

The message was probably Not A Bug, it was from the Bethesda network megaserver. What it meant is that "too many" players were attempting to log-on at the same time for the authentication server(s) to be able to process their respective log-ins. However, in my humble opinion, that outcome signifies an unprofessional, user-hostile response to the situation. The software should not return the player to the game log-in dialog screen.

For what it is worth, being in a log-in queue while I played World of Warcraft was a common occurrence when Blizzard Entertainment released new "expansion" of the game (like a ZOS TESO "chapter"). A significantly larger number of players would be resuming their play of the game than usually would be logging-in. Their system displayed a decrementing count on the "waiting in queue" screen, showing how many were currently ahead of the player in the queue. The rate at which the count was decrementing revealed how fast they were being logged-in. When the counter reached 0 the player was logged-in. So the player could either wait until the system logged-them in, or they could voluntarily exit the queue and log-in again at some later time.

Personally, I doubt that ZOS/Bethesda want to be that sophisticated. Quick-and-dirty (lower co$t) is how they do things, if you haven't noticed that by now.

Edited by Shadowshire on November 25, 2018 5:18AM
    --- Shadowshire .......... ESO Plus on PC NA with Windows 7 Pro SP1

nil carborundum illegitimi