The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

There are people who have 250k+ score in the battlegrounds leaderboard. How?

Gibus043
Gibus043
I mean, it takes so much to find a game. That's like 60+ games

Is there a way to find games faster?
Edited by Gibus043 on November 24, 2018 4:05PM
  • brandonv516
    brandonv516
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Many of the players (not all) you see at the top of the BGs leaderboards have a low MMR.

A low MMR means faster matches. Newly created characters or players who have not PvPed at all should have a lower MMR.

The other thing you can do is queue up for only specific leaderboards to produce targeted scores.

Finally it does require some skill. Scoring only 2000 a match is going to obviously require many more matches than consistently scoring 4000-6000.
    Edited by brandonv516 on November 24, 2018 5:14PM
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's all about points. 5k matches means 50 of those; 3k 83. Average 60 matches, if you do 10 a day you'll hit it in 6.

Just curious, about how long does it take to find a match @Gibus043 ?
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They use addons and macros to hack the leaderboards and give themselves whatever score they want without ever stepping foot inside a BG.
  • SugaComa
    SugaComa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gibus043 wrote: »

Scoring is higher in all games if you get more medals ...so while flag games are great for objectives ... Play it like death match to get higher leaderboard rankings ...

Way too many player in flag games build fir speed for flag points ... These can be squishy and die quickly giving you greater points if you keep killing them in defence of flags
  • wheem_ESO
    wheem_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's all about points. 5k matches means 50 of those; 3k 83. Average 60 matches, if you do 10 a day you'll hit it in 6.

Yea, queue times have a lot to do with it. My queues used to be basically instant, even when I was constantly finding myself against the same premades and other high MMR solo queued players. Nowadays, after the "improvements" (which, granted, did seem to improve things for a lot of people), I'm frequently stuck waiting for 10-15 minutes per game, even during prime time.

I still maintain that the system should account for average score rather than cumulative score, with a certain minimum requirement for the number of games one has to play (or have some other mechanism entirely). Even that wouldn't be perfect, though, since getting pitted against premades will tend to mean low individual score and therefore impact your average. But that could be remedied by separating the queues (which should happen anyway).
  • SHADOW2KK
    SHADOW2KK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ChunkyCat wrote: »
    They use addons and macros to hack the leaderboards and give themselves whatever score they want without ever stepping foot inside a BG.

And where is your proof?

Addon hater or reasoned and balanced opinon?
    Once I was a lamb, playing in a green field. Then the wolves came. Now I am an eagle and I fly in a different universe.

Been taking heads since TeS 3 Morrowind..

Been enjoying PvP tears since 2014

LvL 50 - Dragon Knight EP [PC-EU] = Illuvutar = Ex The Wabbajack = (Stam DK)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Legendary Blades = Evil Ninja/Dueller = (StamBlade)
    LvL 50 - Sorcerer DC [PC-EU] = Daemon Lord = (Mag Sorc)
    LvL 50 - Dragon Knight DC [PC-EU] = Khal-Bladez = (Mag DK)
    LvL 50 - Dragon Knight DC [PC-EU] = Tenakha Khan = (Stam DK)
    LvL 50 - Templar DC [PC-EU]] = Blades The Disgruntled = (Stamplar)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Ghost Blades = (Assassin)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Malekith The Shadow = (Mag NB)
    LvL 50 - Warden DC [PC-EU] = Crimson Blades = (Stamden)

Guild Master of The Bringers Of The Storm.
    Harrods

Member Of The Old Guard
    PC Closed Betas 2013

PC Mastah Race

Anook Page anook.com/shadow2kk

Been playing since Beta and Early Access

• wheem_ESO
    wheem_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SHADOW2KK wrote: »

And where is your proof?

Option 3: Forum trolling.
  • SHADOW2KK
    SHADOW2KK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    wheem_ESO wrote: »
    SHADOW2KK wrote: »

And where is your proof?

Option 3: Forum trolling.

Lol there is that
    Once I was a lamb, playing in a green field. Then the wolves came. Now I am an eagle and I fly in a different universe.

Been taking heads since TeS 3 Morrowind..

Been enjoying PvP tears since 2014

LvL 50 - Dragon Knight EP [PC-EU] = Illuvutar = Ex The Wabbajack = (Stam DK)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Legendary Blades = Evil Ninja/Dueller = (StamBlade)
    LvL 50 - Sorcerer DC [PC-EU] = Daemon Lord = (Mag Sorc)
    LvL 50 - Dragon Knight DC [PC-EU] = Khal-Bladez = (Mag DK)
    LvL 50 - Dragon Knight DC [PC-EU] = Tenakha Khan = (Stam DK)
    LvL 50 - Templar DC [PC-EU]] = Blades The Disgruntled = (Stamplar)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Ghost Blades = (Assassin)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Malekith The Shadow = (Mag NB)
    LvL 50 - Warden DC [PC-EU] = Crimson Blades = (Stamden)

Guild Master of The Bringers Of The Storm.
    Harrods

Member Of The Old Guard
    PC Closed Betas 2013

PC Mastah Race

Anook Page anook.com/shadow2kk

Been playing since Beta and Early Access

• Gibus043
    Gibus043
    wheem_ESO wrote: »
    Nowadays, after the "improvements" (which, granted, did seem to improve things for a lot of people), I'm frequently stuck waiting for 10-15 minutes per game, even during prime time.

Same. 10mins during on weekends. 10-15mins every other day

And I play only battlegrounds. It's the most fun I have in this game

A guildmate told me it's faster to queue if you premade. Is it true? I mean, it makes sense. Less people to find
    Edited by Gibus043 on November 24, 2018 9:46PM
  • ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    :trollface:
  • MaxJrFTW
    MaxJrFTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Many of the players (not all) you see at the top of the BGs leaderboards have a low MMR.

A low MMR means faster matches. Newly created characters or players who have not PvPed at all should have a lower MMR.

The other thing you can do is queue up for only specific leaderboards to produce targeted scores.

Finally it does require some skill. Scoring only 2000 a match is going to obviously require many more matches than consistently scoring 4000-6000.

Anyone who does bgs in a regular basis just has to go over the names to know this isn't true. What is 100% certain is that every one of them plays a lot of bgs.
    Edited by MaxJrFTW on November 25, 2018 5:51AM
    "I don't know you, and I don't care to know you."
    ―Ulrich Leland, 3E 433
  • jediodyn_ESO
    jediodyn_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Battlegrounds rankings, like battlegrounds, needs an overhaul.

Separate ranks/rewards/queue for Group and Solo.
  • wheem_ESO
    wheem_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A guildmate told me it's faster to queue if you premade. Is it true? I mean, it makes sense. Less people to find
    It might be faster if you're teamed with low MMR characters. There were a couple of duo queues that I did yesterday where this was the case; the player I was with was on his PvE tank, and we ended up quickly getting into a couple of games that "felt" very different from my usual high MMR matches. If he'd been on his primary BG character, I'd have expected to wait at least 15 minutes, and almost certainly not been against those same players.
  • Betty_Booms
    Betty_Booms
    ✭✭✭
    Assistmatch ftw.
    Im with Chunkus.
    I see people at the top that ive never come accross. And i like know everybody lmao
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Assistmatch ftw.
    Im with Chunkus.
    I see people at the top that ive never come accross. And i like know everybody lmao

Ditto.

High MMR players almost never hit the top.
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• Noldornir
    Noldornir
    ✭✭✭

I fail to see how this is even supposed to be possible.

Macro= a sequence of instructions that can be executed with a single command. Let's say u want a macro which applies 3 different buffs on you u could do that with any gaming mouse/keyboard but it's just "more confortable" it won't "buff you for more"

Addon= these tools fetch some information sent by the client/server and elaborate them but thay cannot create "new informations", no addon can give u 50.000 weapon/spell damage and, for the same reason, no addon can kick u higher in any leaderboard (at best u can make an addon that SHOW you as first in any leaderboard you want but that will work for you and wont give u any reward since the addon can alter whatever the addon user sees on his screen but won't affect what's really happening in the server, u could score 500, make it looks as 5kk coooool, but those are fake and you are the only one seeing 5kk instead of 500)
  • Azurya
    Azurya
    ✭✭✭✭✭

- no job
    - no friends
    - no family
    - no RL
    that is the way it is done