The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Newbie questions about Pet Sorc build

chaoseater99
chaoseater99
✭✭
I am pretty much a beginner to the game, hit CP160 a few days back on my Altmer Pet Sorc. I have been mostly following Alcast's build and managed to get 5 pieces of light Necropotence, and using jewelry and staff of Mother's sorrow right now (3 armour pieces in divines, have to transmute the rest). I still have to get the right monster sets for my build.
With this setup though, my character has barely 12K healthpool at the moment and while soloing most content I find myself on the defense spamming shield all the time and unable to switch to offense mostly. How do you all manage the lack of a bigger healthpool on this build? Are you guys running food buffs all the time? I have not invested into provisioning yet, but I need to start asap if its going to be really important to be able to use this playstyle.

Best Answers

• codestripper
    codestripper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, food buffs are going to be very important in every build in the game. I suggest getting either Melon-baked Parmesan Pork or Solitude Salmon-Millet Soup. You will not need witchmother's as you are a pet sorc and really do not need the extra sustain.
    Since everyone seems to be doing this,
    DPS Builds:
    - Magicka Sorcerer (Pet) [Flawless Conqueror @ 565CP] - 582k
    - Magicka Nightblade [Flawless Conqueror @ 780CP] - 575k
    - Stamina Sorcerer [Flawless Conqueror @ 420CP] - 560k
    - Magicka Classless [Flawless Conqueror @ 810CP] - 540k
    - Magicka Templar [Stormproof] - 550k
    - Magicka Warden [Stormproof] - 510k
    - Stamina Templar [In Development]
    - Stamina DK [In Development]
    - Stamina NB [Under 50]
    Answer ✓
  • Sparr0w
    Sparr0w
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You should always be using food! That was my biggest mistake starting off.

2 main types are:
    Blue food: Increases Max Magicka by x and Max Health by x
    Purple food: Increases Max Magicka by x, Max Health by x and Magicka Recovery by x (these values are lower than blue food)

Namely blue food I use is Melon-Baked Parmasan Pork & Purple food is Witchmothers Potent Brew

EDIT: You can pick up stacks of blue food for really cheap, purple food is 2-3 times as much but lasts twice as long, it all depends on your sustain :)
    Edited by Sparr0w on November 21, 2018 4:35PM
    @Sparr0w so I get the notification
    Xbox (EU) - l Sparrow x | CP 810+
    DD: All Mag + Stam
    Heal: Templar | Sorc | NB | Warden | Necro
    Tank: NB | DK | Warden
    Completions: All HM's + TTT + IR + GH
    PC (EU) - Sparrxw | CP 810+
    DD: All Mag + Stam
    Heal: Templar | Sorc
    Tank: DK | NB
    Completions: All HM's + TTT + IR + GH + GS
    Answer ✓
  • chaoseater99
    chaoseater99
    ✭✭
    Thanks. Any suggestions to how to get the recipes and level out provisioning effectively?
  • codestripper
    codestripper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks. Any suggestions to how to get the recipes and level out provisioning effectively?

Recipes can be picked up fairly cheap at guild vendors, you can use TamrielTradeCenter's website to look for it if you can't be asked to run around and check every vendor like me.

In terms of leveling provisioning effectively, something like this.
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/203919/guide-provisioning-1-50-in-less-than-30-minutes
    Since everyone seems to be doing this,
    DPS Builds:
    - Magicka Sorcerer (Pet) [Flawless Conqueror @ 565CP] - 582k
    - Magicka Nightblade [Flawless Conqueror @ 780CP] - 575k
    - Stamina Sorcerer [Flawless Conqueror @ 420CP] - 560k
    - Magicka Classless [Flawless Conqueror @ 810CP] - 540k
    - Magicka Templar [Stormproof] - 550k
    - Magicka Warden [Stormproof] - 510k
    - Stamina Templar [In Development]
    - Stamina DK [In Development]
    - Stamina NB [Under 50]
  • Protossyder
    Protossyder
    ✭✭✭✭
    I am pretty much a beginner to the game, hit CP160 a few days back on my Altmer Pet Sorc. I have been mostly following Alcast's build and managed to get 5 pieces of light Necropotence, and using jewelry and staff of Mother's sorrow right now (3 armour pieces in divines, have to transmute the rest). I still have to get the right monster sets for my build.
    With this setup though, my character has barely 12K healthpool at the moment and while soloing most content I find myself on the defense spamming shield all the time and unable to switch to offense mostly. How do you all manage the lack of a bigger healthpool on this build? Are you guys running food buffs all the time? I have not invested into provisioning yet, but I need to start asap if its going to be really important to be able to use this playstyle.

Yes, we always have food active. You can/should either run Witchmother's Potent Brew (max hp + max magicka + magicka reg) or a variety of blue food (max hp + max magicka). Some provisioning passives are useful to increase the duration of the bufffood and to cook it yourself, but you don't really need them, since it is really cheap to buy at guild stores.
    Characters worth mentioning:
    Daedrós - Magicka DK - Altmer - PvE & PvP - Emperor - IR - GH - TTT
    Dragybor - Stamblade - Redguard - PvE (first char)
    Yondaime Raikage - Stamsorc - Redguard - PvP
    Zerg Overmind - Magblade - Altmer - PvE - GH
    Yenari - Magsorc - Altmer - PvE - Flawless Conqueror
    Devoured-his-siblings - DK Tank - Argonian - PvE - Unchained
    Valkyrja Valhalla - StamDK - Redguard - PvE
    Hyperion der Obere - Magplar - Altmer - PvE
    Affa al'Dschinni - Stamplar - Orc - PvP
    Enjoys-the-slaughter - Templar Healer - Argonian - PvE
    Hades Adamastos - Stamcro - Orc - PvE
    Khaba the Cruel - Magsorc- Altmer - PvP
    Hekate Ourania - Magcro - Atlmer - PvE - TTT
    Arenas: vDSA (~46k) - vMA (~586k)
    Trials: vAA hm - vHRC hm - vSO hm - vMoL hm (~161k) - vHoF hm (~218k) - vAS+2 (~114k) - vCR+3 - vSS hm - vKA hm

PC - EU
  • AcadianPaladin
    AcadianPaladin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Assuming all 64 attributes into magic then 12k heath is about right. The way it normally gets boosted to a more comfortable 18.5k or so is:

- Savory blue crafted food that boost health and magicka.
    - Getting undaunted to level 9, taking the undaunted mettle passive and wearing a piece each of heavy and light armor. (+6% health).
    - Having a pet summoned with the appropriate passive skill from Daedric Summoning (+8% health).

PC NA(no Steam), PvE, mostly solo