The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Fortified Brass or Mark of the Pariah?

Rizz_the_Filthy_Dino
Hey guys, so I currently run Heavy Impen Pariah's and it's working wonders for me in BGs as a healer; however, I recently found out about Fortified Brass and was interested in it. There are pros and cons to both sets, but the biggest pro leaning me towards Fortified Brass is the always constant 8k total resists. Pariah's has more overall resistances; however, it only gets stronger the lower you get; ie, in execute range. Wouldn't it be more relevant to run Fortified Brass for the straight 8k resistances over Pariah's because of executes?

For references:

Fortified Brass
(2 items) Adds 1206 Max Health
(3 items) Adds 2975 Physical Resistance
(4 items) Adds 2975 Spell Resistance.
(5 items) Adds 5170 Physical Resistance and 5170 Spell Resistance.

Mark of the Pariah
(2 items) Adds 1206 Max Health
(3 items) Adds 2975 Physical Resistance
(4 items) Adds 2975 Spell Resistance
(5 items) Increases your Physical and Spell Resistance by up to 11904 based on your missing Health.
PC-NA
  • Sun7dance
    Sun7dance
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    There is a nice comparison between both sets in the forum.
    Down to 70% health Fortified Brass is slightly better, but then pariah gets clearly better.
    PS5|EU
  • vennedra
    vennedra
    Soul Shriven
    Really interesting.
    I'm curious, what other set and monster set do you use with your heavy Pariah ? Lich ?
  • MaxJrFTW
    MaxJrFTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Pariah is better for a healer because you're constantly being focused and taking dmg, this is specially the case if you're using guard. Pariah also gives close to 3k resistance at full hp, so it's not like you're not getting anything out of it when you're at full hp.

Brass is better for damage dealers. Pariah is better for healers.
    "I don't know you, and I don't care to know you."
    ―Ulrich Leland, 3E 433
  • Rizz_the_Filthy_Dino
    vennedra wrote: »
    Really interesting.
    I'm curious, what other set and monster set do you use with your heavy Pariah ? Lich ?

I run Bogdan the Nightflame as my monster set and it procs every 6 seconds, and has a 6 second up-time. It heals only slightly less and has a slightly smaller area to that of its counterpart Earthgore; however, it's consistently up at all times for me while Earthgore has that 35 second cooldown and will frequently proc on pets or someone who simply takes fall damage.

When I see it proc and drop near me or an ally, I'll combo Mender's Ward, spamming Steadfast Ward(morph: Ward Ally) every 3 seconds. This has saved my ass more often than not, as well as allies lol.

Mender's Ward
    (2 items) Adds 129 Magicka Recovery, Steadfast Ward applies Major Vitality to your target for 3 seconds, increasing the Healing Taken on your target by 30%.

Here's a match I played with my group yesterday, no one died once, including myself. Watch for when you see this little totem that has wings drop, it has a 5 meter yellow aura. Towards the end, you see I almost go down but hang out and have an inch of life left lol. That's a moment where Pariah's entirely saved me, as did Vampire passive "Undeath", and then Mender's Ward / Steadfast ward.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UPxHgnbVLyU
    Edited by Rizz_the_Filthy_Dino on November 21, 2018 5:20PM
    PC-NA
  • vennedra
    vennedra
    Soul Shriven
    Thanks for the answer mate.
    And for other set, what do you use ? Shacklebreaker ?
  • Rizz_the_Filthy_Dino
    vennedra wrote: »
    Thanks for the answer mate.
    And for other set, what do you use ? Shacklebreaker ?

Transmutation, but if I didn't run that, I'd probably run Spell Power Cure / Gossamer / or Twilight Remedy

Spell Power Cure
    When you heal a friendly target that is at 100% Health, you have a 50% chance to increase their Weapon and Spell Damage by 258 for 10 seconds.

Twilight Remedy
    When an ally activates your synergy, they heal themselves for 18920 Health over 10 seconds and gain Minor Force, increasing their Critical Damage done by 10%

Gossamer:
    When you heal a friendly target, you have a 10% chance to grant them Major Evasion, for 6 seconds, increasing their dodge chance by 15%.

Twilight Remedy looks really nice to me because I play with a team consisting of werewolfs and I like to drop down a Frozen Gate for them to use before we engage into a team fight. When they activate the synergy, it gives them Major Expedition for like 8 seconds. That's just the buff too, it pulls an ally to me and gives them speed, or enemy over to me and immobilizes them. Great for pulling back row ranged enemies off high ground.
    PC-NA
  • vennedra
    vennedra
    Soul Shriven
    Thanks