The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

A few questions regarding leveling, farming and Sets

ValyrianShadow
ValyrianShadow
Soul Shriven
I'm not a new player anymore I would say, but I'm still rather unexperienced. Started playing with friends last year around halloween, friends stopped after 2 days, I kept playing until I was around CP160, was mostly grinding Dungeons and Delves until I stopped playing due to having other games to play. I started to play again one week ago and I plan on playing for at least a couple of months now, also subscribed to Eso+ just yesterday.

I'm playing a Nord DKTank, already read that Nord is not the most ideal class for a tank but it works out. I like playing tank because I can bring alot of utility to the team as well as save their asses from time to time. I'm currently CP260 and planning to do CP300 at least until I level my two other characters, which are a Magsorc and a Magblade, so going for some more DPS than my DK.

So my questions are:

1: What are the best (top 3) PvE as well as PvP sets to grind for, for both my Magsorc and Magblade?

2: What is the fastest way to level up both of my DPS characters? I'd say I leveld my tank 90% through dungeons, but queue times are significantly higher on DD's, also I felt like I cant level on my own as a Tank because I do such low damage, thats why Dungeons felt really smooth.

3: Do dungeon quests reward you with unique gear items or can you simply obtain them through grinding the same dungeon again? I remember getting some gear on my tank when I did dungeons for the first time, but I was around lvl 20, so it wasnt max lvl gear anyway, however if I get unique equipment out of those dungeon quests, wouldnt it be smarter to level up my other characters through delves, quests and whatnot first until I reach lvl 50, and then do dungeons and their quests?

Sorry for the long post but I hope you can answer my questions at least a bit.
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    There is nothing special about the dungeon quest rewards. It is just a set item that you can also get from running the dungeon. The only time it might be useful is something like where the quest reward is an Inferno Staff of a set you want. If you want that, it will save you from farming the dungeon 20 or so times until you get it from a random boss drop. I am sure you can do a search to find the quest reward for each dungeon and see if it is something you want. It will never be an item you cannot get from farming.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1. The "best" sets vary a lot by build and role and are prone to changing with every update. I'd recommend giving Alcast's builds a look.
    Crafted Set - Julianos (PVE), Shacklebreaker (PVP
    Overland - Mothers Sorrow (Deshaan), Spinners (Malabal For), Necropotence on a pet sorc (Rivenspire)

There are better sets in trials, and you may want a Vet Maelstrom Staff if you have Orsinium, but those should get you started.
    Note: in PVE, wear Divine traited gear. In PVP, you'll want mostly impenetrable trait gear.

2. Use EXP pots and scrolls. The fastest way is to pay someone carry you through Skyreach in Craglorn. Its an instanced dungeon with lots of mobs. The second fastest is to run loops around the dolmens in the Alikr Desert.

I personally get bored to tears doing those. So I quest, or I gear up my leveling DPS like they were tanks and I tank my way through normal dungeons. This last DPS, I gave her an ice staff for a back bar and that proved surprisingly effective in the daily random Battleground. So I got lots of exp from the daily random dungeon and BG.

There will be another Festival exp buff during the New Life Festival around the winter holidays.

3. Dungeon quests that give named items as rewards are indeed unique and you cannot obtain them again on that character. Other characters, yes. Fear not, for most of them are useless.

Most bosses will also drop named unique jewelry or weapons and these are farmable.
  • paulychan
    paulychan
    ✭✭✭✭
    Magblade, hiuiu can roll mothers sorrow and burning spell weave if those are still our of bounds for your toon, a good crafted set is seduced and julianos. My blade runs bsw and ms. I have a ton of other sets but rarely stray from that setup.
  • RavenSworn
    RavenSworn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A good tip I used was to go to fextralife site and take a look at their set list. Technically, not all the dungeon quest rewards are good though some are useful as filler gear before you get to the trial sets.

As above had said, depending on what your other char class is, some sets are universally good. Julianos, hundings are some good examples of good crafted sets for magicka and stamina respectively. Crafted would mean its even easier access for you or a crafter to craft it for you, rather than having to farm items.

If you have access to a transmute station it's even better since all you need is have the right weapons / armor, even if it has wonky traits to begin with.

Dungeon quests gives good exp only on the first run done by that char. Once that's done, all other subsequent runs will only net you the killing exp, in which case, skyreach runs are better imo. Dolmens however give good exp regardless of level, but only a pitiful amount of killing exp.

I followed this rule set usually for all my characters: Dolmens, delves, dungeons (public and group). Grab all skyshards in a zone, finish up main quest, guild quests, main faction quests. This will mean that while it might take slightly longer than usual (at least proportionately to skyreach runs) but it nets you skyshards, dropped gear, and also skill lines that are ultimately important for your characters. Thus when your characters are lvl 50, they have the right foundations for you to build it upon.
    Ingame: RavenSworn, Pc / NA.

Of Wolf and Raven
    Solo / Casual guild for beginners and new players wanting to join the game. Pst me for invite!