The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

"Can You Make New Villains ESO Community"

Inhuman003
Inhuman003
✭✭✭✭✭
Here's mine Origami Master

Origami Master an evil villain that can craft multiple objects with special magic out of any type of material as he/she pleases.

If you have seen Read or Die (Anime) and then you know the Paper Master. But I’m talking about the Origami Master. Just Imagine monsters, animals, and enemies this character can make?

I know someone’s going to say I can use water to get rid of his paper origami’s and that’s why I said he/she can use any material to there advantage.

The reason why I bring up Origami Master is that of the “Forgotten Gods” and Forgotten/Forbidden Magic in Elder Scrolls.

The real question is can you guys come up with a New Villain that can fit the lore?
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The best villian is when the hero unknownly becomes the villian.

*Cough...sheo butterflies....
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Vestige is the biggest villain in Tamriel...
    #FiteForYourRite Bosmer = Stealth
    #OppositeResourceSiphoningAttacks
    || CP 1000+ || PC/NA || GUILDS: LWH; IA; CH; XA
    ""All gods' creatures (you lot) are equal when covered in A1 sauce"" -- Old Bosmeri Wisdom
  • Alex_Lex
    Alex_Lex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are lots of villains all over Tamriel who steal my nodes right under my nose.
    Especially while doing Clockwork dailies.
    EU: Beatrice gra-Brog, Rebellie, Yshterie, Jearra , Lirielline
    Christess, Fleuretta, Jubilee Cake, Braviliana, Onyxette
    M'adjirra, Dances-around-Nirn, Nerieth, Estrice, Ann der Wood
    Éternelle, Burns-all-the-babies, Jyggurag
    NA: Dice Twice, Nikka from the barrel
  • TheShadowScout
    TheShadowScout
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Inhuman003 wrote: »
    The real question is can you guys come up with a New Villain that can fit the lore?
    Unlike superhero backgrounds, for ESO the "special abilities" matter not, and the background fluff matters a lot.

's why noone really cares that mannimarco can summon ghosts, his villanous touch comes from the whole package, the betrayal of the companions, the toady-ing to Molag Bal, the worm cult, the scheming to become a demigod and so on...

And its easy to come up with "Villains" that fir the lore. I mean, just look at what we got so far... racist altmer thinking they alone deserve to rule, imperial generals thinking their time to shine has finally come, vampire counts out for revenge and power, cult leaders serving their dark masters, coup attempts and court intrigue, invading warlords of every flavor, and more besides!

If I wanted to think up an "ESO villain"...
    ...I would maybe go with something interesting, like... a Lilmothiit plague-lich that became undead while suffering from the knarhaten flu through a deal with Peryte, and now is out to get revenge on all the living (especially khajiit and argonians) for letting his people die, sending hordes of various plague zombies all across blackwood where the creature hid after the flu had run its course to prepare their vengeance, and starting a questline where the fighting is easy, but the main threat is the plagues running rampart, where every victory has a chance to infect the player as well as the plague zombie blows up on a shower of infectous goop (that would maybe not be lethal to vestiges, but... would be rather annoying anyhow, and especially preventing ALL fast travel because "quarantaine" to keep the plague in one region), where its both a question of stopping the bad guys -and- finding the cure and afterwards enough ingredients to make ample supplies of curative to save yourself and the innocents... with a final battle that is unwinnable through direct conflict, unless the PC finds a surviving Lilmothiit and plays on the villains main psychological "Oh, noes, I cannot let another of my people die!" weakness...
    ...but that's me I guess. ;)
  • ForsakenSin
    ForsakenSin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are lots of villains those little kids when they 1 vs 5 you and then proceed to T-bag you.... "i shall remember you name villain and pay your back tenfold >:) "
    "By many i am seen as hero...as a savior of the Tamriel i will not stop until every Daedra every evil there is in Tamriel is vanquish by my hands..
    However i do this for my own purpose to gain trust of mortals to worship me and to eliminate my competition i will not bend my knee to lead your army to serve you Molag Bal , i will simply just take it from you.."--- Forsaken Sin( Magica Sorc)

Arise From Darkness Forsaken SIn
    "You have been a loyal High Elf Magica Sorc
    Conjure of Darkness, Master of Magic
    Killer of Molag Bal and Savior of Ebonheart Pact
    Until Dark Brotherhood killed you...
    but now..NOW its time to Arise From Darkness once again..."

• Reistr_the_Unbroken
    Reistr_the_Unbroken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had an idea awhile back of a Necromancer who basically bought things off the black market- especially werewolves and vampires to keep them as guards or slaves.

Basically I misread some lore late at night and thought Vampire Lords (or all vampires) used to be the guards or servants/slaves of wizards/witches/warlocks and necromancers (or the ancient ones were until they rebelled).
  • Salvas_Aren
    Salvas_Aren
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The worst villains run like madmen into the mobs of Blackheart Haven. I always punish them by killing the bosses while their weak noob bodies meet the ground.
  • kadochka
    kadochka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do you want legitimate, lore-defined characters that could actually be part of a story/quest?
    Ooorrrrrr do you want countless stories of a-hole players?
    Heh. 😹
    Edited by kadochka on November 20, 2018 10:50PM
    if I could make another character, their name would be Cries-For-Character-Slots. AKA, I need more.

• kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My nicest character is really evil. She might be a healer but she will kill a small group of NPCs just because they are near a flower she wants to pick.
    and then the parrot said, "must be the water mines green too."
  • kadochka
    kadochka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kargen27 wrote: »
    My nicest character is really evil. She might be a healer but she will kill a small group of NPCs just because they are near a flower she wants to pick.

Heheh.
    I've got half a dozen characters who slaughter for fun. Not for XP, not for loot, just cause.

Well, sometimes for loot.
    Lots of gold can be made from... borrowed items.
    Edited by kadochka on November 21, 2018 12:00AM
    if I could make another character, their name would be Cries-For-Character-Slots. AKA, I need more.

• TheShadowScout
    TheShadowScout
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kargen27 wrote: »
    In my headcanon, my "good" characters always walk up to those mobs and politely ask "...could you step aside, please, I want to pick that flower..." and the rest is mere self-defense... ;)

Of course, I do also have... uhm... morally challenged characters who stab strangers in the gall bladder for a fistful of gold on a daily basis and never loose a nights sleep over it either... and some who just go murderdeathkill as an expression of their inner dissatisfaction.

But then, also some of my characters always try their best to sneak bast all enemies and finish their questings with a minimum of casulties...

Its kinda fun to have different characters RP different approaches!
  • Claudman
    Claudman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Archein slavers running amok Thornmarsh wishing to topple down smaller tribes (or wandering adventurers) for the sake of selling them for profit with House Dres.

Redguard gloryhounds who want to become an Ansei at any means.

Khajiiti gangsters of Elsweyr who like to harass trade ships...

Corrupt Breton knights who worship Ebonarm (pls recanonize Ebonarm or rewrite him).

There are a lot of mundane antagonists, but you could also go the Daedra route. I'm a fan of Daedra versus Daedra and the choice of helping one of those Daedra. Possibly a Kynmarcher, Kynreeve or Markynaz who's been causing trouble for the clan and we need to help a poor lower-ranked Kynval, Caitiff or even a Churl...

Damn Churls...

EDIT: I also agree with TheShadowScout. Abilities aren't important when it comes to an Elder Scrolls antagonist. Their background, lore and upbringing are more important. This isn't really like that of an anime or comic book. What you described sounds a bit much for TES for a normal mortal antagonist. What you described sounds on the level of a Demiprince or Minor Daedra Lord with the whole 'Origami stuff'.

@TheShadowScout Also why would a Lilmothiit Lich go after the Khajiit? All that hatred should be directed at the Argonians and just the Argonians.
    Edited by Claudman on November 21, 2018 2:47AM
    Welcome, Moon-and-Star, to this place where destiny is made.

I play healers or DPS often for vet dungeons and trials (NA, CP810+). I play mostly elves or Argonians.
    I primarily play Damage-Based stuff in PvP, but occasionally I'll play something tanky or got the heals.
    I also love gaining more knowledge both metaphysical and mundane regarding TES lore.

I also occasionally role-play, but I prefer playing the game.
  • TheShadowScout
    TheShadowScout
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Claudman wrote: »
    Also why would a Lilmothiit Lich go after the Khajiit? All that hatred should be directed at the Argonians and just the Argonians.
    Because they did not let any Lilmothiit flee into their lands to keep the race alive, maybe? Of course, noone did, the tale of the Crimson Ship is proof enough of that... but the Khajiit are the next door neighbors to black marsh on the other side of the argonians, so it would be logical to blame them as well... or blame -everyone- and just have them as the next closest targets.

That's the lore, anyhow, dramaturgically its good to make such a threat spread wider then just "I wanna kill lizards!" to give players from All races ample cause to oppose that villain instead of just standing by and laughing in Schadenfreude as their enemies get in trouble... so for our plague-lich, the lizards and kitties would just be the start and their endgame would be spreading their diseases all over tamriel just because! Add some stuff stol... uhm... inspired by Nurgle, and you have a solid if somewhat icky DLC in the making, yes? ;)
  • Claudman
    Claudman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @TheShadowScout If there is a threat which would be a problem for all races, I think the Sloads would be a better option than a Lilmothiit lich. Tamriel has seen many liches already (Mannimarco, Throw-Away Dungeon Liches, etc.) and they aren't nearly as threatening as the Sloads. Sea Sloads especially since they're more threatening than the Sloads of Thrass. Sloads are a God-Hating people of apparent pure evil and have been a problem for Tamriel before to the point they had to literally band together against them. Neuromancy, necromancy and various other dark arts would prove truly difficult especially with their odd Yaghra. I'd definitely wish to learn more what the Yaghra truly are and how the Sea Sloads made them.

Plus...Icky plague stuff? Sloads got that in the bag, my man. Thrassian plague...Think..The THRASSIAN PLAGUE TWO: ELECTRIC BOOGALOO. Sloads don't necessarily need a deep reason to why they would want to conquest or destroy Tamriel...They're just damn angry all the time.

Probably because they're Godless? Or maybe they are jealous of the other races and what they have? We'll never understand those slug-toad people.
    Edited by Claudman on November 21, 2018 3:46AM

I play healers or DPS often for vet dungeons and trials (NA, CP810+). I play mostly elves or Argonians.
    I primarily play Damage-Based stuff in PvP, but occasionally I'll play something tanky or got the heals.
    I also love gaining more knowledge both metaphysical and mundane regarding TES lore.

• TheShadowScout
    TheShadowScout
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @TheShadowScout If there is a threat which would be a problem for all races, I think the Sloads would be a better option than a Lilmothiit lich...
    True enough, but they already had their appearance in Summerset, so...
    Also, they would be -expected-! We want an "oh, I did not expect that..." reaction to the reveal of who is the villain behind the plague zombie plague after all, yes? ;)
    I will admit having been inspired by old D&D thoughts tho...
    dca63d4df76d442fdb92630dc2055815.jpg

But hey, that's my "top of the head" villain. Make up another one! The more the merrier! ;)
  • Claudman
    Claudman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @TheShadowScout If there is a threat which would be a problem for all races, I think the Sloads would be a better option than a Lilmothiit lich...
    True enough, but they already had their appearance in Summerset, so...
    Also, they would be -expected-! We want an "oh, I did not expect that..." reaction to the reveal of who is the villain behind the plague zombie plague after all, yes? ;)
    I will admit having been inspired by old D&D thoughts tho...
    dca63d4df76d442fdb92630dc2055815.jpg

But hey, that's my "top of the head" villain. Make up another one! The more the merrier! ;)

Unexpected? So Celestials or something levels of unexpected?

Nereid Mind-Weaver controlling the minds of men because they're sadistic and evil for no reason at all? Or perhaps some pissed off Imga? Hah, now that is unexpected. Just need a reason for why those ape-lads are angry.
    We could even go for Lamia who are controlling a tribe Argonians, they've controlled Argonians before and they could perhaps pit them against other Argonians and non-Argonians for the heck of it.

How about even a single intelligent Dreugh with the power of a Telvanni mage? A remnant of their old golden times of Lyg.

• Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Akamai the lag and ping ***