The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
In response to the ongoing issue, the North American PC/Mac megaserver is currently unavailable while we perform maintenance.
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

Ways to farm XP

HallowedUndead
So atm, my favorite way to get xp is to just run as many trials as possible. Some days i get like 5 or 6 trials before i go to bed (from about 5p.m. to 10p.m) I like running trials, but what is a better, and fun, way to grind xp. I'm burnt out of Spellscar, as it's almost always full.
  • Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I still dont think you can beat Skyreach if looking for the absolute best way to grind XP. It takes a partner to allow you to reset the instance, but the content it self can be solo'ed if you know what you are doing. Remember, you get the best XP gains in a group of 2. Because its instanced content, you dont need to worry about it being full. Once you get to the point where you can solo it, it actually becomes lucrative to sell runs. You basically tell your lowbie player that you plan to carry to essentially not touch a darn thing (because it can actually slow you down).

You probably wont be able to solo at really low CP, but once you get a few hundred under your belt it's doable. mNB is certainly best at it. You basically use Sap Essence, refreshing path with Soul Harvest on your front bar. This allows you to drop 2-3 destro ultimates on top of each other because you get your ultimate up so fast and you have plenty of self heals. Only other skills you might want are merciless, Siphoning strikes and a shield.
    Edited by Oreyn_Bearclaw on November 20, 2018 6:42PM
  • Swomp23
    Swomp23
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm just not able to mindlessly farm exp in places like skyreach, or dolmens run. I get bored to death in less than an hour. The best way I found is to run a daily random dungeon and a daily random battleground on each of my lvl 50 chars every day. 200k extra exp per character, plus anything you get from killing things.

I adapted my stam dps to offtanks and my mag dps to healers to get faster queue times.
    XBox One - NA
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Agree with @Swomp23. Dungeons are easy to run, more entertaining, and better way to get XP. Especially if you can do them during the enlightened period. Trials, like you said, but there are only so many times you can do HRC or AA. And if you are a master crafter, those writs pay off pretty good, too.
  • Vildebill
    Vildebill
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Normal maelstrom plus some XP potions and scrolls gets you pretty decent XP plus fighters guild if you don't have it.

Random normal is good as well, but that's just one run per day with max XP.

Would still do Skyreach if it was purely XP I wanted.
    EU PC
  • John_Falstaff
    John_Falstaff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If gold is not an object:

* Fully level up provisioning, alchemy and possibly enchanting.
    * Buy (or just keep those you got from dailies) a lot of smallest (2- and 5-voucher) alchemy, provisioning and enchanting master writs.
    * Optionally pre-craft the required potions/food/drink/glyphs, but I guess not a requirement.
    * Stand next to Rollis Hlaalu, consume 150% XP scroll.
    * Bombs^W writs away.

The general idea is, all master writs give plenty of experience, even smallest ones (I think equal amount whether for two or four hundred vouchers). And they're cheap to buy and cheap to craft.
  • Swomp23
    Swomp23
    ✭✭✭✭
    Vildebill wrote: »
    Normal maelstrom plus some XP potions and scrolls gets you pretty decent XP plus fighters guild if you don't have it.

Random normal is good as well, but that's just one run per day with max XP.

Would still do Skyreach if it was purely XP I wanted.

Just one run per day per character. I have 4 level 50 characters, so with the random battleground, it gives me 800k bonus exp per day. If I dont lose 4 battlegrounds matches in a row (that's kinda rage inducing, lol), I can do all 4 characters in a couple of hours and have some spare time to do Undaunted, quests, surveys or wathever I feel like.
    XBox One - NA
  • HallowedUndead
    I still dont think you can beat Skyreach if looking for the absolute best way to grind XP. It takes a partner to allow you to reset the instance, but the content it self can be solo'ed if you know what you are doing. Remember, you get the best XP gains in a group of 2. Because its instanced content, you dont need to worry about it being full. Once you get to the point where you can solo it, it actually becomes lucrative to sell runs. You basically tell your lowbie player that you plan to carry to essentially not touch a darn thing (because it can actually slow you down).

You probably wont be able to solo at really low CP, but once you get a few hundred under your belt it's doable. mNB is certainly best at it. You basically use Sap Essence, refreshing path with Soul Harvest on your front bar. This allows you to drop 2-3 destro ultimates on top of each other because you get your ultimate up so fast and you have plenty of self heals. Only other skills you might want are merciless, Siphoning strikes and a shield.

I'm CP 435, and really just looking to lvl up when guildies are gone. I've soloed it before, but it took a while, think i was cp 290 on my mag sorc, pre Murkmire
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    A good while ago Deltia had a video mentioning that XP in instanced delves, such as Skyreach, had been nerfed compared to overland, such as Spellscar. I have not double-checked. Skyreach is great for levelling Fighter's Guild, though.

There really isn't a single place that would alleviate the boredom, so go for variety. As far as I recall, doing a particular dolmen for the first time grants extra XP. Spots, other than Spellscar, that have lots of fast respawning Undead include a place east of Riften and a section of the blue sewers in IC. nMA is a bit meh for XP, but a welcome change. I think the public dungeons in Wrothgar are also popular for XP grinding.

If you are wealthy, make sure to level the Connoisseur passive and use Mythic Aetherial Ambrosia, which will then be good for 50 minutes (150% XP boost).
    Edited by fred4 on November 27, 2018 8:25AM
    PC EU (EP): Magicka NB (main), Stamina NB, Stamina DK, Stamina Sorcerer, Magicka Warden, Magicka Templar, Stamina Templar
    PC NA (EP): Magicka NB
  • Sparr0w
    Sparr0w
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm CP 435, and really just looking to lvl up when guildies are gone. I've soloed it before, but it took a while, think i was cp 290 on my mag sorc, pre Murkmire

If you can't do Skyreach in around 5 minutes it's better XP doing SpellScar (overland spot in the middle of Craglorn).

Skyreach is only good XP wise since you can pull hundreds of adds together and melt. If you can't do that yet you get more XP per kill overland and imo spellscar is the best place.
    @Sparr0w so I get the notification
    Xbox (EU) - l Sparrow x | CP 810+
    DD: All Mag + Stam
    Heal: Templar | Sorc | NB | Warden | Necro
    Tank: NB | DK | Warden
    Completions: All HM's + TTT + IR + GH
    PC (EU) - Sparrxw | CP 810+
    DD: All Mag + Stam
    Heal: Templar | Sorc
    Tank: DK | NB
    Completions: All HM's + TTT + IR + GH + GS
  • Lasinagol
    Lasinagol
    ✭✭✭
    Skyreach is just the fastest way to get exp if you know what you are doing and practice it. Alternate between skyreach and quests is my recommendation. How I got to cp 600 was run Skyreach once, go get a skyshard, run it again, do a quest, run it again, go fishing, run skyreach again, pug a dingeon, farmed for a theodolite pet...
    Altmer Supremist, filthy spell slinger since Nerevar was assasinated