The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

What would make you return to imperial city?

Shadowasrial
Shadowasrial
✭✭✭✭✭
There have been quite a few posts regarding ideas on how to reguvinate imperial city. Some have advises make it a free for all zone. Some have requested direct transport, and others have requested you revert back to the 10% telvar drop rate from players killing you.

So now I ask what ideas do you have to make IC. A fun and worthwhile place to play like it was during It’s original release.
  • Haashhtaag
    Haashhtaag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Reduce IC DLC cost or make it apart of base game like they did with Morrowind.

Be able to port in via wayshrine(you’re current faction only)

The port in wayshrines would be the shrines where you respawn at the base.

Make gold mats purchasable with telvar.

Keep it a predominately PVP zone just the way it is.
  • Kanar
    Kanar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If telvar loss was tied to how much telvar the ganker carried. Only get 50% if you are carrying 10k+
  • Abigail
    Abigail
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NOTHING will make me return.

Though I've been there many times with guild mates, it's not a zone or aspect of the game that interests me in the least.
  • Sturmfaenger
    Sturmfaenger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would return there if they made the stronger dremora humanoids vulnerable to the blade of woe again.
    If you're only sneaky and not good on pvp it takes forever to earn tel var otherwise.^^
    PC/EU
  • Enemy-of-Coldharbour
    Enemy-of-Coldharbour
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Remove Telvar loss. I can accept getting ganked in PVP, but getting ganked and robbed is a whole different story.

Edited by Enemy-of-Coldharbour on November 19, 2018 5:49PM
    Silivren (Silly) Thalionwen | Altmer Templar | Magicka | 9-Trait Master Crafter/Jeweler | Master Angler | PVE Main - Killed by U35
    Jahsul at-Sahan | Redguard Sorcerer | Stamina | Werewolf - Free Bites | PVP Main
    Derrok Gunnolf | Redguard Dragonknight | Stamina | Werewolf - Free Bites
    Liliana Littleleaf | 9-Trait Grand Master Crafter/Jeweler (non-combat)
    Amber Emberheart | Breton Dragonknight | Stamina | Master Angler
    Vlos Anon | Dunmer Nightblade | Magicka | Vampire - Free Bites
    Kalina Valos | Dunmer Warden | Magicka | Vampire - Free Bites
    Swiftpaws-Moonshadow | Khajiit Nightblade | Stamina
    Morgul Vardar | Altmer Necromancer | Magicka
    Tithin Geil | Altmer Sorceress | Magicka
    Dhryk | Imperial Dragonknight | Stamina

Guild Master - ESO Traders Union
    PC/NA - CP 2250+
  • Sheezabeast
    Sheezabeast
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Give us more stuff to buy with Telvar.
    Grand Master Crafter, Beta baby who grew with the game. PC/NA. @Sheezabeast if you have crafting needs!
  • starlizard70ub17_ESO
    starlizard70ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Making telvar stones actually worth something would help. Right now the only things that are useful that you can buy with t-stones are storage containers. And those are way over priced. Everything else you can buy with the stones you can farm else where or are not worth the effort.
    "We have found a cave, but I don't think there are warm fires and friendly faces inside."
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would go more if it were easier to get to. Give me a port directly inside. Separate it from Cyrodiil completely. Remove the flag system. I get why they did it, but I'm just not a fan so for me, I'd be more likely to go if it were like the old system without the flags.

Alternatively, if there were a pve only zone, I'd go there if I just wanted to farm Tel Var, but the nature of that means that it just wouldn't work as a pve only zone.

Basically, if I'm in IC, I'm not there for Tel Var. If I were, I'd be on a solo ganker hitting noobs that are farming. As long as farming Tel Var is a thing, gankers will be a thing and for many, that's a bit of a turnoff.
  • FinneganFroth
    FinneganFroth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Make it worth killing the world bosses. Specific set items dropping from those bosses that are worth trying to get so that constant conflict is facilitated.
  • Didgerion
    Didgerion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Remove Telvar loss. I can accept getting ganked in PVP, but getting getting ganked and robbed is a whole different story.

The telvars are outdated IMO, no one needs them anymore. It is too late to remove the loss, it won't revive IC.
  • Anotherone773
    Anotherone773
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The only thing useful to me in IC is that i could use TV stones to get alchemy ingredients. But its far easier to to just farm the nodes. To go back to IC, i would need:

1) No TV loss on death.
    2) Better rewards for TV stones.

I would consider it then depending on the rewards. As it is there are many many better things to do with my time.
  • eso_nya
    eso_nya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd return if it was a pve zone. For the quests, skyshards, lorebooks and some hakeijo.
  • Rake
    Rake
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    free crown crates
  • Kiralyn2000
    Kiralyn2000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Never been there, so I can't return there. Won't go there, because it's a pvp zone (not saying that should change).

Heck, I just delete any master writs I get for IC crafting stations.
  • Didgerion
    Didgerion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To revive it you need to add PVE rewards to it like Master weapons as a rewards of a worthy drop.

But again there is a risk that if you drop those kind of rewards then less players will want to do PVE content and PVE groups will be formed slower.

Not sure there is a good solution to revive it. The safest way is to change it as little as possible...and it looks like zos is taking the safest way.

• Dawnblade
    Dawnblade
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If I could wayshrine direct and not have to enter a Cyrodiil campaign, I might go.

If I could wayshrine direct and TV actually had value and yet could not be stolen, I would probably go.

If I could wayshrine direct and not have it a PVP zone (even without TV), I would certainly go.

But as long as it remains cumbersome to access, has pathetic rewards, and encourages the worst type of PVP (ganking) - I'll never go.

EDIT TO ADD: If it didn't come with gold edition, I wouldn't even have access - I would never pay for IC as a stand-alone DLC.
    Edited by Dawnblade on November 19, 2018 5:57PM
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've never been there as it's a PvP zone, and I would only ever go there if there was a PvE version of it.
  • AhPook_Is_Here
    AhPook_Is_Here
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A new car and a year's supply of meat.
    “Whatever.”
    -Unknown American
  • Haashhtaag
    Haashhtaag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Didgerion wrote: »
    Remove Telvar loss. I can accept getting ganked in PVP, but getting getting ganked and robbed is a whole different story.

The telvars are outdated IMO, no one needs them anymore. It is too late to remove the loss, it won't revive IC.

Alchemy satchels are amazing, what do you mean?
  • Inhuman003
    Inhuman003
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    100,000 in gold and a new costume, skin, and mount PLUS PVP tournaments even though I'm garbage I still would love to see Tournaments solo or 2 man teams in the game.
  • Acrolas
    Acrolas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    and others have requested you revert back to the 10% telvar drop rate from players killing you.

10% was the original PVE death penalty. The PVP death was an 80% penalty.

"You will now lose 50% of your Tel Var Stones for both a PvE or PvP death. Previously, you would lose 10% of your Stones for a PvE death, and 80% for a PvP death."
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/268496/pc-mac-patch-notes-v2-4-5/

signing off
  • MalagenR
    MalagenR
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jesus so much crying. Farming TelVar's is so fun to me. I farm Telvars when the map is screwed for my faction and about once a week so I can put together Hakeijo's and Alchemy mats.

I swear most players must run around mindlessly following zergs in Cyro and are incapable of accepting that sometimes you win and sometimes you lose in PVP.

Who cares if you get ganked and lose some TelVar - it's just going to make you learn to play better, where good farming spots are, keeping your head on a swivel, learning how to sneak. Learning how to gank and escape gankers. It's all important.

Just enjoy the ride, ffs.
  • Stikato
    Stikato
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1. Make IC part of the base game

2. Add more desirable IC-only items / resources / something

3. Only allow access to the Alliance with the most keeps

Bonus: Add some sort of cool event that is required to be completed in order to crown an emperor (i.e., capture the inner ring in Cyro, then storm IC to literally take the throne)
    Mordimus - Stam Sorc
  • AlnilamE
    AlnilamE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Removal of the flags and time to get around to it on my characters that haven't completed it yet.

ESO has too many things to do.

Also, a new motif dropping there wouldn't hurt.
    The Moot Councillor
  • Kagukan
    Kagukan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Make it a PVE zone with option to PVP. Like a toggle to turn PVP on if that is what you wish to do but you could not attack another player that had the option turned off.
  • GreenSoup2HoT
    GreenSoup2HoT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    A system that wasn't so linear. The sewers could be more like a labyrinth.
    PS4 NA DC
  • Claudman
    Claudman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A seperation of PvE and PvP.

And no, I'm not a carebear. I like it when it's either or, not a horrible amalgamation. You cannot build for simultaneously PvP and PvE without sacrificing a lot. If I want PvP, I don't want PvE. If I want PvE, I don't want PvP. You have no choice in Imperial City. It must be fun fighting a player (or capture a point) when you have to worry about 60 Xivkyn with a Daedric Boss attacking you...Or trying to fight said Boss while someone decides to gank you.

I've never completed the story of Imperial City just because it's PvE/PvP. Usually I get distracted because I get into PvP combat too much. I just searched up the story to save me time.
    Edited by Claudman on November 19, 2018 6:20PM
    Welcome, Moon-and-Star, to this place where destiny is made.

I play healers or DPS often for vet dungeons and trials (NA, CP810+). I play mostly elves or Argonians.
    I primarily play Damage-Based stuff in PvP, but occasionally I'll play something tanky or got the heals.
    I also love gaining more knowledge both metaphysical and mundane regarding TES lore.

I also occasionally role-play, but I prefer playing the game.
  • KyraCROgnon
    KyraCROgnon
    ✭✭✭
    being able to port into my faction area (or at least enter it from Cyrodil through the same door that we go out of inside our home camp)
    Queuing for Cyrodil, then travelling all the way to there (longer if your faction don't own that part of the map, but always tedious), well by the time i'm there i've lost interest already !
  • Didgerion
    Didgerion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Haashhtaag wrote: »
    Didgerion wrote: »

Alchemy satchels are amazing, what do you mean?

There are multiple ways to get alchemy mats like doing writs or farming nodes or even getting Cirodiil daily rewards. Is IC bringing you more mats per hour? And before answering consider you cannot steal them and if you cannot steal them then there won't be 2x 3x or 4x farming coefficient.

As my answer is to the "Remove Telvar loss" solution. No one will go down there to farm Telvars for alchemy mats...because the return on the mats will be greatly nerfed with the loss of risk. And we are back to our original problem, how do we bring players in IC.
  • Latios
    Latios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There have been quite a few posts regarding ideas on how to reguvinate imperial city. Some have advises make it a free for all zone. Some have requested direct transport, and others have requested you revert back to the 10% telvar drop rate from players killing you.

So now I ask what ideas do you have to make IC. A fun and worthwhile place to play like it was during It’s original release.
    That was 80% back in the day. I think a 10% drop from PvE deaths should be back, though.

Direct transport should have been included a long time ago. Also, during the original release, there were a lot more items you could buy with tel var that were good for selling, like the cp 160 mats(very hard to get during release, and crafted sets were also relevant, so demand was very high).

So, if Zos wants to make IC interesting again:
    1 - Get more relevant items on sale with tel var, like jewelry crafting mats(tempers) and new sets;
    2 - Make direct transport possible;
    3 - Reduce tel var loss from PvE deaths;
    4 - Add a PvE IC(with less tel var earned) and a PvP IC(with a considerable multiplier to tel var - like 5x - more risk = more rewards).

And other good things that people can always think of. These are the ones that come in mind for me.

The Eon Pokémon.