The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

New player need some help!

Guybrush10
Guybrush10
Soul Shriven
So i have only just hit level 15 and the amount of quests i have sending me to areas no where near where i am is getting to be a issue. Should i be doing all the quests i my current area first or just follw the main story? I would consider myself pretty experienced with MMOS but the questing in this game has me all confused. Thank you in advanced
  • Itacira
    Itacira
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I tried doing all the quests in a zone at first but I myself quickly found it frustrating. I gave up after the second zone and instead chose to do the main quest instead. Still, SOME side-quests have cameos later on in the main quest so it's mostly up to your patience.
    PC/EU - PVE 2H stam orc petsorc (meta, what meta?) ww - terrible dps - mediocre player - fun times - free ww bites to whomever asks so don't be shy if interested
  • kadochka
    kadochka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Guybrush10 wrote: »
    So i have only just hit level 15 and the amount of quests i have sending me to areas no where near where i am is getting to be a issue. Should i be doing all the quests i my current area first or just follw the main story? I would consider myself pretty experienced with MMOS but the questing in this game has me all confused. Thank you in advanced

It's entirely up to you as to what quests you do when! You're probably gonna end up doing most of them-all of them over time, so.. :)
    if I could make another character, their name would be Cries-For-Character-Slots. AKA, I need more.

• VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can do quests in any order, however, most zones have their own story which ties into the story of the faction.

If you want some ideas for what order to do quests in: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/413807/what-order-should-i-do-esos-story-arcs-a-guide
  • GreenhaloX
    GreenhaloX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Join a guild or two (preferably large ones), if you haven't. You can travel to any location/zone that your guild mates are in. I create new toons all the time, and the priorities are always skyshards and Mage guild lorebooks. So, I just go into the roster and travel to the map areas I need via the online guild member; the ones that are also located at that map or zone. Too easy..
  • Pheefs
    Pheefs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have more fun when there's a balance, to keep the character's STORY moving...
    Do the "main" story of the map, interesting side adventures as they happen, and move on when the story does.

I end up going back to the previous map in-between epic story stuff.
    Then I get caught up in the last set of adventures/quests when I "clear" the map for the achievements.

If I accept every quest as they come up it gets confusing and I loose the narrative...
    & if I try to do the whole map complete before moving on, I get bored.
    { Forums are Weird........................ Nerfy nerfing nerf nerfers, buff you b'netches!....................... Popcorn popcorn! }
  • chaoseater99
    chaoseater99
    ✭✭
    Maybe its just my way of enjoying, but what I do is just enter a zone and wipe it clean before moving towards the next one.. And sometimes do the Main Quest in between..
    I am never heading off to a different zone to do a single quest there until I am planning to sweep that zone (Fighters and Mages guild quests are exception).

The reason for this is that I find the zone stories pretty fun to play, honestly for an MMO, ESO does have a good quality single player content in the quest designs. I would suggest to run faction zones first if you want to follow this way.

Edit: typos
    Edited by chaoseater99 on November 22, 2018 12:27PM
  • ApostateHobo
    ApostateHobo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What I did on my first character, and do on new characters, is follow the alliance quest line and clear the zones as it takes me through them. It's also probably a good idea to join the mages and fighters guilds, and do those quests as you go through the zones too. You can just do the main quest line whenever you feel like it since it's all scaled to your level. What I personally do is kind of pace it out through the alliance quests and stuff so I'm not plowing throught things at max speed. Get a good well rounded balance of exploration and story progression this way.
  • Lumenn
    Lumenn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't know if it'll help with what order you wish to do things but each alt I'll just collect skyshards in each zone, usually avoiding quests or only doing the ones inside the delves. After about 8-10 or so zones my character is level 50 and I can keep collecting shards(remember you're opening wayshrines in each zone) to unlock all wayshrines and build on skills with points or go back and do the quests, which now drop max lvl gear. If you're only lvl 15 no cp this won't help you much but the opened wayshrines in each zone(especially the summerset quests) and quest experience at lvl 50 will with building cp.
  • UPrime
    UPrime
    ✭✭✭✭
    Also keep in mind that all content is auto leveled. You can't be under leveled or overleveled for overworld quests.