The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Favorite BG game mode?

Jitterbug
Jitterbug
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭

Favorite BG game mode? 67 votes

Deathmatch
59%
Conduit0Solarikenwheem_ESOAbelcher339b14_ESOAlendrinRizz_the_Filthy_DinoJitterbugGwyndeNoMoreChilliesBashevvennedraMystikkalmustangmorgan31Darkmage1337Delpijhall03Luigi_VampaKomputerheldconcegualPuzzlenuts 40 votes
Capture
5%
jediodyn_ESOEejit1331Tommy83KhajiitLivesMatter 4 votes
Domination
10%
hesobadceruuleanBigBadVolkATomiX96NuarBlackUrvothVermethys 7 votes
Chaosball
8%
tonemdChunkyCatJimmy_The_FixerLichbourne90HansProloDerbforgaill 6 votes
Crazy King
14%
RedTalonWuffyCeruleihondelinkKatinasxericdxYamiKurukuJobooAGSDiddly_D_PotatoesMaxJrFTWAvarikk 10 votes
  • wheem_ESO
    wheem_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Deathmatch
    Deathmatch, though I don't mind Domination or Crazy King at all (as long as people aren't avoiding fights as much as humanly possible in Domination).

Capture the Relic and Chaosball have some potential, but there's too much of an advantage for Stamina builds in those game modes. Magicka setups often take a massive hit to their survivability and mobility while carrying the relic or ball, while Stam builds are entirely unaffected. Everyone eventually gets hosed by the healing debuff and/or incoming Chaosball damage, but Magicka gets it even worse since shields also become incredibly weak, but dodge rolling remains the same.

There's also the possibility for premade teams to be particularly obnoxious in Capture the Relic games, by refusing to actually let the game end before it times out, but I haven't seen that sort of "farming" of solo players in a long time.
  • oxygen_thief
    oxygen_thief
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Deathmatch
    dm is good, relic and ball can be fun sometimes, other modes are trash
  • Darkmage1337
    Darkmage1337
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Deathmatch
    Deathmatch > Capture the Relic > Chaosball > Domination > Crazy King

Crazy King is by far the worst, I couldn't tell you how many times the match-timer expires before any team reaches the score limit.
    Domination is better than Crazy King because the flags don't move, so your team can just camp and hold 2 of the 4 flags; whereas Crazy King flag-spawns are pure RNG chance -- so do you fight over a current active flag that may despawn soon, or do you run to the other side of the map for the chance that the next flag spawns there, or elsewhere.

Capture the Relic and Chaosball are tons of fun if you want a break from Deathmatch.

I wish there was an option to toggle-off/lock-out 1 gamemode and/or 1 map from the BG matchmaking queue.
    75%+ of the time that I queue for a 'random BG,' it is Crazy King. That does not seem very random, to me. And, that 90%+ is a very large sample-size, definitely over 50 matches played, since I started noticing/testing this.
    Edited by Darkmage1337 on November 18, 2018 8:36PM
    ESO Platform/Region: PC/NA. ESO ID: @Darkmage1337
    GM of Absolute Virtue. Co-GM of Absolute Vice. 8-time Former Emperor, out of 13 characters. 3 Templars, 3 Sorcerers, 2 Nightblades, 2 Dragonknights, 1 Warden. 1 Necromancer, and 1 Arcanist. The Ebonheart Pact: The Dark-Mage (Former Emperor), The Undying Nightshade, The Moonlit-Knight, The Killionaire (Former Emperor), Swims-Among-Slaughterfish (Former Emperor), The Undead Mage, and The Dark-Warlock. The Aldmeri Dominion: The Dawn-Bringer (Former Empress), The Ironwood Kid (Former Emperor), and The Storm-Sword. The Daggerfall Covenant: The Storm-Shield (Former Empress), The Savage-Beast, and The Burning-Crusader CP: 1,800.
  • ATomiX96
    ATomiX96
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Domination
    good balance between playing objective and just slaughtering people + you dont face single purpose builds like 40k hp tanks for capture the relic and chaosball
  • MaxJrFTW
    MaxJrFTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Crazy King
    Deathmatch is fun, but can be very frustrating because that's where the premades are.

Capture the relic is all right. Not terrible, not great. Would be much better if it was just 2 teams instead of 3.

Domination is not PvP.

Chaos Ball can be very fun because people tend to just focus the ball carrier, giving you the opportunity to wreak havoc while going somewhat unnoticed.

Crazy King is my favorite, perfect mix of playing the objective while PvPing at the same time.

I may or may not have crazy king and domination mixed up. Whatever though, i'm not changing the post.
    Edited by MaxJrFTW on November 19, 2018 10:32AM
    "I don't know you, and I don't care to know you."
    ―Ulrich Leland, 3E 433
  • Solariken
    Solariken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Deathmatch
    DM but full-PUG only.
  • rabidmyers
    rabidmyers
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Deathmatch
    yup... you knew it was coming ;D
    at a place nobody knows
  • Jitterbug
    Jitterbug
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Deathmatch
    yup... you knew it was coming ;D
    I did
  • RedTalon
    RedTalon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Crazy King
    Unless I am doing Dailies only really do landgrabs
  • RedTalon
    RedTalon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Crazy King
    MaxJrFTW wrote: »
    Deathmatch is fun, but can be very frustrating because that's where the premades are.

Capture the relic is all right. Not terrible, not great. Would be much better if it was just 2 teams instead of 3.

Domination is not PvP.

Chaos Ball can be very fun because people tend to just focus the ball carrier, giving you the opportunity to wreak havoc while going somewhat unnoticed.

Crazy King is my favorite, perfect mix of playing the objective while PvPing at the same time.

I may or may not have crazy king and domination mixed up. Whatever though, i'm not changing the post.
    Capture relic game also need defense points like you can earn in landgrabs matches also
  • hesobad
    hesobad
    ✭✭✭✭
    Domination
    My favorite game mode actually does not exist yet.... its called
    SOLO QUE (NO PRE MADES ALLOWED)
    Ad Victoriam!
  • Derbforgaill
    Derbforgaill
    ✭✭✭
    Chaosball
    I love chaosball. I am medium armour and always queue with randoms, but it still way too much fun to fight for that bloody ball that will eventually kill you B) I only dislike chaosball matches when people start playing deathmatch instead :|
  • NoMoreChillies
    NoMoreChillies
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Deathmatch
    Deathmatch

all the others seem designed for people to not fight
    Insulting people on the internet is cowardly.
  • Derbforgaill
    Derbforgaill
    ✭✭✭
    Chaosball
    Games like this are what makes me love chaosball, even if in the end my team lost. Challenging, where every team is roughly even (skill wise). All good fun!
    4ryejt.png
  • Bashev
    Bashev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Deathmatch
    I play only deathmatch.
    But I hate so much when I am grouped with more than 1 NB. 90% of them play so selfish.
    Because I can!
  • BigBadVolk
    BigBadVolk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Domination
    tbh nothing is wrong with this game mode if people avoid fight thats a human issue, but all in all I like this game mode the most, deathmatch is just really slow or kinda a meh if its against a premade or two or just have a meh team setup, I honestly hate CTR but I always hated this game mode in every game it included it, crazy king is similar, chaosball is sometimes fun sometimes not
    "The ass is similar to the opinion: Everyone has it, but no one cares about the others!"
    I'm 120 years old