The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

#NerfMire: Healing Ward Death

Lord_Eomer
Lord_Eomer
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
With #NerfMire, another good skill "Healing Ward" bite to death. I ended up replaced it with Mutagen + VMA Restro (back bar)

Ward is currently so bad that most of time you died before receive healing.
Edited by Lord_Eomer on November 18, 2018 1:37PM
  • Olquorron
    Olquorron
    ✭✭✭
    That was one of the more ridiculous changes we saw with this patch. NOBODY asked for it. Magicka users are already severely gimped in PvP -- why would you take away this skill's already small initial heal?

More importantly, why aren't more people pissed off by this?
  • Aurielle
    Aurielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep, Healing Ward is terrible now. I immediately took it off my magNB’s bar when I saw how pitifully small the shield was, and how little healing it did.
  • Lord-Otto
    Lord-Otto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Oh, we are pissed. I personally just gave up on providing complex feedback. It gets ignored anyway, and Wrobel has his weird vision he puts above anything. I'm guessing the other guys feel a similar sense of resignation.
  • DocFrost72
    DocFrost72
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm still finding a lot of use for it PvE side on my healer. Dunno anything about pvp side.
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DocFrost72 wrote: »
    I'm still finding a lot of use for it PvE side on my healer. Dunno anything about pvp side.

And that’s the official reasoning behind it - PvE Healers feeling more “wanted” because self-efficiency of DD healing has been cut. It’s an absurd change but the ship has sailed.

Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • ESO_Nightingale
    ESO_Nightingale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The reason more people arent pissed is because of *** like the new artic blast change, refreshing path change and more brainless changes.
    PvE Frost Warden Main and teacher for ESO-U. Frost Warden PvE Build Article: https://eso-u.com/articles/nightingales_warden_dps_guide__frost_knight. Come Join the ESO Frost Discord to discuss everything frost!: https://discord.gg/5PT3rQX
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not sure how you got the idea people werent pissed off. The PTS and even general forums had plenty of pissed off players.

Now, on the other hand?

It went Live. ZOS isnt going to change it for a while.

I went through Denial Anger, Bargaining and Depression a while back, and am sitting on resigned, unhappy Acceptance.
  • DocFrost72
    DocFrost72
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Feanor wrote: »

And that’s the official reasoning behind it - PvE Healers feeling more “wanted” because self-efficiency of DD healing has been cut. It’s an absurd change but the ship has sailed.

Im not sure I follow. What (besides mnb) class got their self healing cut? And what dps runs a resto staff?
  • Silver_Strider
    Silver_Strider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Personally, I don't really feel the change all that much to actually bother complaining about it; I just had to relearn how to manage without the heal since there was a time it didn't have that upfront heal and it was much harder back then than it is now.
    Argonian forever
  • brandonv516
    brandonv516
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The missing upfront heal is noticeable. The only way to give it some use is with the Blackrose Resto staff but even with that the duration for the Major Vitality buff is just so short it's a tease.

Magblade does benefit from the secondary heal if you use Cloak. It isn't much but it's something.
    Edited by brandonv516 on November 19, 2018 4:27AM
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Im not sure I follow. What (besides mnb) class got their self healing cut? And what dps runs a resto staff?

They didnt get their self-healing cut. Their defenses of damage shields and passive dodge, on the other hand, were gutted. Taking more damage = more need for healing.

Now the forums community explained to ZOS that this was BS for multiple reasons. ZOS made it go Live anyway. ZOS also took note that every single PVP player who'd used a damage shield was going to swap to backbarring a resto staff for healing ward and nerfed it.

Make of that what you will.
    Edited by VaranisArano on November 19, 2018 12:49PM
  • Hixtory
    Hixtory
    ✭✭✭✭
    They needed to make attractive the resto of BRP. Still sucks but there you go.
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Olquorron wrote: »
    That was one of the more ridiculous changes we saw with this patch. NOBODY asked for it. Magicka users are already severely gimped in PvP -- why would you take away this skill's already small initial heal?

More importantly, why aren't more people pissed off by this?

We are pissed but what's it do? Feedback on forum doesn't matter, majority of feedback from the reps doesn't either despite the good job they do. The discord chats etc.

What's the point is the general vibe..
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • DocFrost72
    DocFrost72
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

They didnt get their self-healing cut.

Yee, that was my point.
    Their defenses of damage shields and passive dodge, on the other hand, were gutted. Taking more damage = more need for healing.

I don't know any meta stam dps that used shuffle, and nightblades definitely didn't use mirage. Also at least in pve, I could see the argument that damage shields needed adjusting. Not sure how much is enough, I'll admit that it could potentially have been too much.

Idk that this change was going to make healers more valued. Not making everything in new dungeons and trials a one shot would do that better. Then again, some of the things that are "one shots" would not be if dps ran 20k health. Food for thought.
    Now the forums community explained to ZOS that this was BS for multiple reasons. ZOS made it go Live anyway. ZOS also took note that every single PVP player who'd used a damage shield was going to swap to backbarring a resto staff for healing ward and nerfed it.

Make of that what you will.

Dunno anything about all that, thread title and OP claimed the ability was bad and did not allow someone to receive healing before they died. At least in my pve healing experience, this is not the case. Won't speak on pvp, I don't play that as often (and play stam anyway).
  • MooseKnuckles88
    MooseKnuckles88
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lord-Otto wrote: »
    Oh, we are pissed. I personally just gave up on providing complex feedback. It gets ignored anyway, and Wrobel has his weird vision he puts above anything. I'm guessing the other guys feel a similar sense of resignation.

I could not agree more.

I too have given up trying to get my points and arguments across. It's way too obvious that no one actually cares or gives a *** unless it's a complete community meltdown. Like how the shield nerf was initially implemented with a cast time and %reduction.
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I should have replaced healing with survivability. Healing is effected only indirectly - you need more of it now, especially in solo content.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • Sygil05
    Sygil05
    ✭✭✭

I liked running a Restro Staff on my non-pet magsorc backbar for the up front heal on healing ward. I don't have the bar space to really double-slot the matriarch, and Crit Surge isn't always enough.