Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Vet Blackrose - need advice regarding the Netches.

MattT1988
MattT1988
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Hi folks.
We’re having a heap of trouble in the Stage 2 boss fight avoiding all the netches floating around. We get the boss down to 50%, we have no problems dealing with the troll, but by the time the Haj Mota comes out, we’re overrun by adds. I’m tanking and I’ve been trying to group the trash together to burn it down but it’s hard when a Netch is on you every 5 seconds no matter where we are on the map. I read Alcast’s guide but it wasn’t really helpful to our problem.
Does anyone have any advice to help us out?

Thanks heaps folks.

(Also want to make clear that this isn’t a ‘nerf netches’ thread. I like this sort of difficult stuff that you need to actually learn and get good at, but this one has us stumped at the moment)
Edited by MattT1988 on November 18, 2018 10:51AM

Best Answers

• pluckpluck
    pluckpluck
    ✭✭✭
    You really have to move almost all the time, not even try to count till 5. With my group we are stuck on third arena, but for the second, as Raiden says, you have to focus on adds first. For Haj-Mota, you'll want to have it near walls, so your mates don't get the rolling AoE but there will be Netches, so don't hesitate to roll dodge to make space between you and coming netch, because once they targeted you, it's hard to get rid of them.

You told you read Alcast guide with no good tip, actually there is a major one.

80% – Troll
    60% – Haj Mota
    40% – Wamasu

So monsters pop at specific % of boss' life. Your group should manage to clean the room of adds before putting the boss on these three specific %age. It isn't a DPS run (until under 40% and the Wamasu dead), instead it's an arena about managing your time and ressources.
    "The net is a waste of time and that's exactly what's right about it. "
    -- W. Gibson
    Answer ✓
  • pluckpluck
    pluckpluck
    ✭✭✭
    Ah.. Haj-Mota facing the wall, so you on the wall. Of course it's a tough place coz of netches, but it's for the simple reason the heavy conic AoE attack of Haj-Mota should not touch your mates. You can try tank it at other places, but it seems, to me, easier to see netches coming for me from side than back, and arranging differently, your DDs and healer have to make acrobatics to skip the possible AoE directed on them.

This said, yes, at least your healer, but in fact also your DDs should play the Crushing Shock (ranged bash). The third arena is all about that. You as a tank will need to get the taunt on infusers, but they aren't packed so you need to have your mates to bash them before they enrage their buddies. And it will be even more difficult because the boss has to be bashed a lot too.

A good place to train crushing shock (for healer) is hard mode in fanglair. You, as a tank, are focusing on the Thurvokun, and sometimes Orryn pops to launch high damage attack that needs to be bashed.
    "The net is a waste of time and that's exactly what's right about it. "
    -- W. Gibson
    Answer ✓
  • Tsar_Gekkou
    Tsar_Gekkou
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You shouldn't be getting overran with adds if you focus them down first. After that, just keep moving around. BRP isn't like DSA where you can just sit in one spot most of the time.
    Xbox NA healer main
    vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL HM | vHoF HM | vAS+2 | vCR+3 | vBRP | vSS HM | vKA HM | vRG HM |
    Flawless Conqueror | Spirit Slayer | Dro-mA'thra Destroyer | Tick-Tock-Tormentor | Immortal Redeemer | Gryphon Heart | Godslayer | Dawnbringer | Planesbreaker |
  • MattT1988
    MattT1988
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You shouldn't be getting overran with adds if you focus them down first. After that, just keep moving around. BRP isn't like DSA where you can just sit in one spot most of the time.

@Raiden_Gekkou
    That’s one of the issues. We aren’t able to stay in one place long enough to burn down the adds. Legit having to move every 5 or so seconds.
    Edited by MattT1988 on November 19, 2018 7:43AM
  • MattT1988
    MattT1988
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    pluckpluck wrote: »
    You really have to move almost all the time, not even try to count till 5. With my group we are stuck on third arena, but for the second, as Raiden says, you have to focus on adds first. For Haj-Mota, you'll want to have it near walls, so your mates don't get the rolling AoE but there will be Netches, so don't hesitate to roll dodge to make space between you and coming netch, because once they targeted you, it's hard to get rid of them.

You told you read Alcast guide with no good tip, actually there is a major one.

80% – Troll
    60% – Haj Mota
    40% – Wamasu

So monsters pop at specific % of boss' life. Your group should manage to clean the room of adds before putting the boss on these three specific %age. It isn't a DPS run (until under 40% and the Wamasu dead), instead it's an arena about managing your time and ressources.

@pluckpluck Yeah the big monsters aren’t the full problem. We knew the spawn times but yeah again, the big dudes aren’t our main sticking point. It’s the build up of trash because we haven’t had time to group them long enough for them to drop. I appreciate the answer though.

Haj Mota near the walls? Any particular side? The walls seem to be where the netches are heaviest, can’t seem to find a bit of breathing room near the walls.

I’m starting to think the problem is one or both of the dps aren’t cutting their damage to the boss entirely when we’re near those big monster spawn times. So that’s probably something we’ll have to look at.

I also realise I’ve been occasionally sprinting to the boss to interrupt he’s taking aim attack while trying to group things up. I should probably leave that to folks with the range interrupt. I’ve only been doing that when I think that the dps isn’t going to do it in time.

Those still don’t fix the netch problem but it might help a little bit.
    Edited by MattT1988 on November 19, 2018 10:32AM
  • MattT1988
    MattT1988
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yeah we’ve done fang lair, I know exactly what your talking about when it comes to interrupting Orryn. Yeah I definitely see our problem with the adds staying grouped together, I’ve got to completely cut my interrupting so to speak and outsource that to my mates. That’s easily fixed.
    Cutting the dps to the boss completely seems to be the only way to counter the netch problem. Buys us more time to drop the adds even if I’ve got to move them around the netches.
    We’ll give it a bash.
  • TheDarkShadow
    TheDarkShadow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tank can tank the turtle in the corner or at least try to face the wall. There are 2 bull netchs that roam around the edge of the room that does poison cloud underneath them. You can just move a bit to avoid them then back to the corner. If you touch the poison cloud you need to purge. Range taunt the boss but try not possition the turtle too close or the boss will get down to 40% and wamasu will spawn.

The dps can slot pull to pull adds to the middle and kill them there before move into melee range to kill turtle (but still stay relatively in the middle, behind the turtle). Just be careful with the croc frontal and purge the spiders dot and you should be fine. There are 2 smaller netchs roaming in middle but the group can avoid them by moving/rolling a bit while still stay in aoe to kill adds. They have a cooldown after doing the red lightning circle so you can move back in after they just did that. If your dps cannot handle the adds this way then their dps probably quite low, or they are not very good at avoiding red. Once you get use to it and have found a good spot to tank turtle, you, or the dps, can pull trash to the turtle to aoe them faster.
    Edited by TheDarkShadow on November 19, 2018 12:18PM