Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
In response to the ongoing issue, the North American PC/Mac megaserver is currently unavailable while we perform maintenance. https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656543/temporarily-taking-down-the-pts-the-pc-na-live-server

Fix Stuck in Combat - Damnit!

maxjapank
maxjapank
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Getting real old. It is just terrible. And not a word from you about it. What happened to that 6 seconds and you'd get out of combat? It finally worked. And now, we are dealing with 60 seconds, 6 minutes, 16 minutes of being in combat.
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    try killing a mob.
    once the mob dies you are considered "out of combat"
  • maxjapank
    maxjapank
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It doesn't always do that.
  • Soris
    Soris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    try killing a mob.
    Bring back deers!
    Welkynd [Templar/AD/EU]
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    try killing a mob.

@dwemer_paleologist and how many time has that worked for you since Murkmire dropped?
  • NirnStorm
    NirnStorm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PvPers: Let us get out of combat faster, we can't mount!
    Natch Potes: Players will no longer be able to change skills during combat.

Well, f*ck.
    Edited by NirnStorm on November 18, 2018 9:17AM
    Characters: (PC NA)
    Ruerock | mDK ___________________________________ Nirnstorm | Magplar
    Ruepork the Magsorc | Magsorc __________________ Nirnshade | Magblade
    Pay To Warden | Magden _________________________ Moar Siege | Stamsorc
    Necrotic Orb | Magcro ____________________________ Bluerock | mDK
    Thelol Kadjit | Magplar ___________________________ Chalman Keep | Stamden
    Characters: (PC EU)
    Reurock | mDK ___________________________________ Nirnstorm | Magplar
    Refrigerator Boy | Magden _______________________ One Button AoE Stun| Magsorc
    Why So Spearious | Stamplar _____________________ Ree ee ee ee | StamDK
    Faction Locked | Magblade _______________________ Bae Blade| Stamblade
    You Shalk Not Pass | Stamden ____________________ Frag N Cheese | Magsorc

🔥 Nirnstorm.com - Top Tier PvP Builds & Guides 🔥

ESO Stream Team Member
    Twitch
    : Twitch.tv/Nirnstorm
    YouTube: YouTube.com/Nirnstorm
    Community Discord: https://discord.gg/APy9KK3

PvP Guild - Flame - [ Videos ]

Faction Lock contradicts the One-Tamriel concept.
    Please do NOT keep it in the game.
  • maxjapank
    maxjapank
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    NirnStorm wrote: »

It's like they're not just killing us, they are making us suffer at the same time :(

• idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Well, f*ck.

@NirnStorm

Clearly you do not PvP much or you would understand what OP is talking about. There is a bug that has been in PvP and was made much worse with the recent update.

We can be in combat for minutes after leaving combat with no combat around. Even when solo this occurs. We can be put in combat with no players or NPCs around to initiate combat.

Since your comment seemed very much uninformed I figured I would provide the high level stuff.
  • NirnStorm
    NirnStorm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »

Well, f*ck.

@NirnStorm

Clearly you do not PvP much or you would understand what OP is talking about.

@idk

Read my comment again. Think for 2 seconds about it's meaning, then rethink your comment.

If you actually need an explanation, my comment was a sarcastic joke at how instead of fixing the stuck in combat issue, they made it less bearable by making it so not only do we get stuck off mount for so long while in infinite combat mode, but since the last patch we can't change skills and quickslots either.

And in regard to your claim I must not PvP much, you are welcomed to check out the vids in my signature or profile and see for yourself.

I really recommend you to read thoroughly before making such effort of informing an informed player next time. Don't waste your time.

ESO Stream Team Member
    Twitch

• idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Well, f*ck.

@NirnStorm

@idk

Read my comment again. Think for 2 seconds about it's meaning, then rethink your comment.

If you actually need an explanation, my comment was a sarcastic joke at how instead of fixing the stuck in combat issue, they made it less bearable by making it so not only do we get stuck off mount for so long while in infinite combat mode, but since the last patch we can't change skills and quickslots either.

And in regard to your claim I must not PvP much, you are welcomed to check out the vids in my signature or profile and see for yourself.

I really recommend you to read thoroughly before making such effort of informing an informed player next time. Don't waste your time.

In text the attempt at humor is rather lost.
  • Starlight_Knight
    Starlight_Knight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    it is really bad.. ive been so frustrated with the being stuck in combat, another bad thing is why you have to be in combat just because your group member is, makes re spawn points in BG's a nightmare if you want to change a skill..
    At this point i just think they should get rid of the "in combat" state altogether. but then again i guess they need it because the game insists we're only aloud a few skills on our bar at once... daft.
  • NirnStorm
    NirnStorm
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You'll get it right next time bud :)

ESO Stream Team Member
    Twitch

• idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

As long as you word it better. It should not be that hard to figure out sarcasm is often lost with mere text. I expect you will figure that out a little better next time.

Maybe even be a little less condescending if you fail again.
    Edited by idk on November 18, 2018 6:46PM
  • THE_BIG_BOSS
    THE_BIG_BOSS
    ✭✭✭✭✭

As long as you word it better. It should not be that hard to figure out sarcasm is often lost with mere text. I expect you will figure that out a little better next time.

Maybe even be a little less condescending if you fail again.

I figured it Out the First Second i did read it. Problem is on your end
    Edited by THE_BIG_BOSS on November 18, 2018 7:07PM
  • Heimpai
    Heimpai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had to run from Ash to BM...shoulda quit and played something else, but i was having too much fun
  • TheLionFromTheNorth
    Yeah that bug sucks. It takes at least 1 minute to get out of combat for healers. Sometimes you literally have to walk from one keep to another in cyrodiil!

How about implementing a function that will automatically consider you as "out of combat", 3 seconds after you stowed your weapons? One requirement could be "no damage taken" and "no damage done" within this time. Healing should not keep you in combat since it can be also reqired outside of combat (e.g. fall damage). Also this feature would add a meaning to the possibility to stow weapons!

What do you guys think about this?
    @TheLionFromTheNorth
    >Check out my Youtube channel!<

Guildmaster & Raidleader of
    PANTHERRA
    07.11.2017 - 11.01.2019

Ebonheart Pact PvP
    PC - EU Sotha Sil

PVP CHARS:
    RAID CHARS
    EP - L Î O N A - Bombblade
    EP - L I O N - Magicka Dragonknigth
    EP - Aéla Lionheart - Stamina Warden
    EP - The Lîon From The North - Templar Purge
    EP - Morrîgan - Templar Heal
    EP - Pee In Your Tea - Speedbuff

AD - L Î O N X - Bombblade

SOLO CHARS
    EP - L I O N A - Magicka Sorcerer
    EP - Bua Nó Bás - Stamina Nigthblade
    EP - Garry The Lizard - Magicka DK

> 65.000.000 AP
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah that bug sucks. It takes at least 1 minute to get out of combat for healers. Sometimes you literally have to walk from one keep to another in cyrodiil!

How about implementing a function that will automatically consider you as "out of combat", 3 seconds after you stowed your weapons? One requirement could be "no damage taken" and "no damage done" within this time. Healing should not keep you in combat since it can be also reqired outside of combat (e.g. fall damage). Also this feature would add a meaning to the possibility to stow weapons!

What do you guys think about this?

It is easy to make suggestions. The issue is Zos has never been able to define the end of combat in ESO when it comes to Cyrodiil.

That is probably part of the reason Zos has chosen to ignore this issue . The other reason is they probably do not know how they made the in-combat bug worse.

Do you sense a pattern here?
    Edited by idk on November 20, 2018 11:43AM
  • Palidon
    Palidon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ya the Combat Bug in Cyrodiil is a pain. However, there is one sure way to get rid of it especially if you have been stuck in combat for several minutes after a keep siege or fight. Switch campaigns and then come back to the campaign you were in.
    Works every time. If your faction is pop locked you might have to wait but heck you are waiting while stuck with the Combat Bug anyways. Can't teleport out of a keep, or even switch bars. Reloadui works sometimes but it is not a sure thing.
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Started another thread on this, and thanks to the helpful input of some, it seems like ZOS could implement a feature where once you sheath your weapon it starts a timer of 15 seconds or something and then force exits combat. That way you could have some control over when you exit combat and wouldn’t have to run all the way to the next keep, while at the same time preventing people from quickly swapping out abilities/builds during combat.
  • Sacredx
    Sacredx
    ✭✭✭
    We need more threads like this so zos takes notice. One or two doesn't seem to get the message across.
    PC NA PvP Oceanic
    The Kelly Gang [TKG]
    Highest kill streak: https://i.imgur.com/V6jJhoy.png
    KB sample: https://i.imgur.com/n7TFyZr.png
    TKG raid sample: https://youtube.com/watch?v=RkrsHg3T7pc
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Well, f*ck.

@NirnStorm

@idk

Most of us got it
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Nutshotz
    Nutshotz
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm still pondering who idk is....
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm starting to think this is part of a Get Fit Tamriel! initiative. The sprints across the map have really upped my cardio.
  • Katahdin
    Katahdin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sandman929 wrote: »
    I'm starting to think this is part of a Get Fit Tamriel! initiative. The sprints across the map have really upped my cardio.

Except for the new (I think it's new) movement bug. The one where you suddenly stop in place every 10 feet whether mounted or running. I've had this happen in pve and pvp.

And no I'm not talking about the one where you cross map seams, unless the crafting area in Vivec City has 5 seams between the clothing crafting station and the writ turn in
    Edited by Katahdin on December 13, 2018 3:59PM
    Beta tester November 2013
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They had this issue before. Just let players mount if in combat, but make it to where you get knocked off if hit within 10 seconds of mounting like that.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    technohic wrote: »
    They had this issue before. Just let players mount if in combat, but make it to where you get knocked off if hit within 10 seconds of mounting like that.

The in-combat issue affects much more than mounting. It affects use of transit and changing skills for starters. Considering I have walked between keeps, entered the second keep and could not use the transit because I was still in combat the issue itself needs to be fixed.

Further, on multiple occasions I have entered combat when not in a group and nothing was in the area. I had not taken any damage so a stealth player was not the issue.
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The in-combat issue affects much more than mounting. It affects use of transit and changing skills for starters. Considering I have walked between keeps, entered the second keep and could not use the transit because I was still in combat the issue itself needs to be fixed.

Further, on multiple occasions I have entered combat when not in a group and nothing was in the area. I had not taken any damage so a stealth player was not the issue.

Yeah just lobbing one to them because I see this being fixed about the time lag is.

Could just let you use transit shrines so long as keep is not burst.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah just lobbing one to them because I see this being fixed about the time lag is.

Being this new and improved in-combat bug was introduced with Murkmire, the only reason for this to not be fixed is Zos ignoring the issue which means no suggestion would be implemented. So far Zos seems to be ignoring the issue.
  • Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    if your having combat problems I feel bad for you son....

p.s. Let us mount in combat starting at 0 stamina :(
    Edited by Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO on December 13, 2018 7:05PM
    @Solar_Breeze
    NA ~ Izanerys: Dracarys (Videos | Dracast Podcast)
    EU ~ Izanagi: Roleplay Circle (AOE Rats/ Zerg Squad / Banana Squad)
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Being this new and improved in-combat bug was introduced with Murkmire, the only reason for this to not be fixed is Zos ignoring the issue which means no suggestion would be implemented. So far Zos seems to be ignoring the issue.

It was around years ago as well back when I can remember a certain EP guild being blamed for the lag. When Murkmire came, is also when see seemed to have gotten back to a laggy game again somehow. Lag has always been there but we are in a really bad spot again.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    if your having combat problems I feel bad for you son....

p.s. Let us mount in combat starting at 0 stamina :(

Again, that is only a work around for part of the issue, son. Zos needs to fix the in combat bug.

Not put a little band aid on it and hope we ignore that we cannot transit or have to wait lengthy times to change skills because of the bug.