The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

My launcher keeps freezing at 2%

tgonzalez1991ub17_ESO
tgonzalez1991ub17_ESO
Soul Shriven
So i wanted to come back to the game and when i launched it the launcher booted up and got stuck at 2% then said "Zenimax Online Studios Launcher has encountered a problem and will close"......so i uninstall ESO and re install and again launcher gets stuck at 2%, tried running as administrator and same thing..help?
  • Skander
    Skander
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Use a VPN. Only way to fix this.

Yes. The only way is to use a 3rd party program.

I would also advise uninstalling this game to wait for a better future
    I meme, but my memes are so truthful they hurt
    -Elder Nightblades Online
    Want competitive pvp while being outnumbered? Tough luck, the devs clearly said you have to die in those situations
  • tgonzalez1991ub17_ESO
    tgonzalez1991ub17_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Can't tell if your actually answering my question or just being a complete *** bag.....seems there should be a fix without using a 3rd partyprogram
  • desciviib14_ESO
    desciviib14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    it's true; it's the official advice of ZOS right now to use a VPN. They say that some ISPs are blocking some files causing this issue to occur...I don't know if it's true or not but using a VPN is the only way to get past 4%
    There is nothing here of interest to any nations; as a matter of fact, there is nothing here but people.
  • tgonzalez1991ub17_ESO
    tgonzalez1991ub17_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    any VPN recommendations?
  • desciviib14_ESO
    desciviib14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I use Cyber Ghost though I there are a few good ones but the good ones generally cost about 7-$12 per month. Free is always a risk but others may have free recomendations
    There is nothing here of interest to any nations; as a matter of fact, there is nothing here but people.
  • tgonzalez1991ub17_ESO
    tgonzalez1991ub17_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Did it help you with the launcher update getting past 2%? or did you get lucky and not have this problem?
  • desciviib14_ESO
    desciviib14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    It took me 4 days but I finally got it updated about an hour ago. I was getting stuck anywhere between 2 and 6%. Yeah, the VPN was the only way I could get past it. Even then it took a few tries to say the least but each time was more and more. I also found it best to just leave it even if its really slow; pausing seemed to give me Content Write Failures. Turn the VPN off once youre ready to log in
  • Silver_Thorn
    it's true; it's the official advice of ZOS right now to use a VPN. They say that some ISPs are blocking some files causing this issue to occur...I don't know if it's true or not but using a VPN is the only way to get past 4%

I don't doubt that this is what ZOS claims, but I do not believe it. Why would an ISP make the effort to block files from only ZOS, and none of the other companies that I download software patches from? If this was true, ZOS would be taking the ISPs to court.
  • susmitds
    susmitds
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    https://ultrasurf.us/

This VPN is free and works fine.
  • pintowrench_ESO
    pintowrench_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Hey, just an idea, but how about we keep a history of the URLs needed and what server they were for so that we can help some people if they may not be as savvy with sifting through thousands of lines in order to find the correct file locations and download sources.

I'm going to start the trend. I'm on the US server, and here are the files that are needed

ESO-Depot-patchdata_depot
    depot_261to262.z01(http://68.106.66.197/data/012e27ff7ad5bdef/live.patcher.elderscrollsonline.com/products/eso/874DCDCF-C40C-4956-92FE-E39B8DC4764E/depot/depot_261to262/depot_261to262.z01)
    and
    ESO-Game-patchdata.game_player
    game_player_305to306.z01(http://68.106.66.197/data/012f91077f1197f9/live.patcher.elderscrollsonline.com/products/eso/874DCDCF-C40C-4956-92FE-E39B8DC4764E/game_player/game_player_305to306/game_player_305to306.z01)

Those are the two files I needed to update on 11-19.

I hope this helps more people at least until something can change. But if it is on the ISP side, those worthless companies don't give a *** about anything other than their stock price so they could care less about some people wanting to play a video game.

So we may as well help each other out and make it