The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Game hangs during loading screens (PC-EU)

CristiC
CristiC
✭✭✭
Problem present on 2 gaming laptops and a gaming pc with far above the min, respectively recommended system requirements. Waited up to 20min on different instances and had to force close the game via task manager. Upon reopening the game, the loading screens are almost instantly done. Loading screens with problems: group dungeons, random delves(upon entry), outlaw refuges(upon exit) especially the ones in Shadowfen, random wayshrine-to-wayshrien travel, home porting. This issue is serious also because force closing the game sometimes resets it, meaning I have to retake the same steps I did when I first installed and activated the game, all game settings being implicitly reset to default. This problem fist appeared 2 patches ago.
Edited by CristiC on November 17, 2018 11:06PM
  • LarsS
    LarsS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Run a repair of the game, loader have an option for that
    GM for The Daggerfall Authority EU PC
  • CristiC
    CristiC
    ✭✭✭
    Repaired, reinstalled; problem still there. Tried to run Scallecaller earlier and the game hanged for 2 other teammates so its not an isolated incident.
    Edited by CristiC on November 17, 2018 11:10PM
  • AverageJo3Gam3r
    AverageJo3Gam3r
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can confirm this is occurring on Xbox na as well.
  • Stratloc
    Stratloc
    ✭✭✭✭
    +1 on this fpr PC EU
  • CristiC
    CristiC
    ✭✭✭
    Problem is back with a vengeance. Queuing for a dungeon resulting in whole group dc-ing, Shadowfen loading screens are 50/50; ported to Elden Root, game crashed during loading screen, forced closed the game, finally got back in, took 2 steps into another loading screen.
  • Schattenfluegel
    Schattenfluegel
    ✭✭✭✭
    Can confirm the problem in the open world, housing, dungeons and raids - all have pingjumps from 70 to 300-600ms over a view seconds an go back to low ping.
    Love my Stamsorc