The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

FIX SCATTER SHOT STUN

Ashanne
Ashanne
✭✭✭✭
please...seriously pretty please..
  • Ahzek
    Ahzek
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes. Do that.
    Jo'Khaljor
  • nsmurfer
    nsmurfer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    you cant break out of knockback. You can only break out of the stun. you have to wait for around 1 sec for the knockback animation to complete and then spam cc break.
  • casparian
    casparian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    nsmurfer wrote: »
    you cant break out of knockback. You can only break out of the stun. you have to wait for around 1 sec for the knockback animation to complete and then spam cc break.

It wasn’t always that way. For the longest time, you could break out of the knockback from Flame Reach and Javelin while still flying through the air. Why should Scattershot be a unique knockback? That’s not a rhetorical question — if the devs know Scattershot works this way and have a reason for making it work this way, they ought to tell us.
    7-day PVP campaign regular 2016-2019, Flawless Conqueror. MagDK/stamplar/stamwarden/mageblade. Requiem, Legend, Knights of Daggerfall. Currently retired from the wars; waiting on performance improvements.
  • SodanTok
    SodanTok
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Knockback not being breakable until end of animation was like the only reason to use this CC. I am all for other knockback abilities working same. Remove this and it will be impossible to land any projectile attack after this CC, since break free + defense is faster than 1s gcd + travel time.
  • Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SodanTok wrote: »
    Knockback not being breakable until end of animation was like the only reason to use this CC. I am all for other knockback abilities working same. Remove this and it will be impossible to land any projectile attack after this CC, since break free + defense is faster than 1s gcd + travel time.

Defending unbreakable CCs. ESO 2018 ladies and gentelmans...
  • SodanTok
    SodanTok
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Juhasow wrote: »

It is breakable CC.
  • NyassaV
    NyassaV
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    How about reduce the range and call it even?
    Flawless Conqueror ~ Grand Overlord
    She/Her ~ PC/NA | I record things for fun and for info
  • ATomiX96
    ATomiX96
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NyassaV wrote: »

who thought changing the range from 14 to 40 metres was a good change in the first place ...
  • ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nerf fossilize, too.
  • Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It is breakable CC.

Umm You literally said it isnt 1 comment above... Quote "Knockback not being breakable until end of animation was like the only reason to use this CC"...
    Edited by Juhasow on November 17, 2018 1:15PM
  • ATomiX96
    ATomiX96
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ChunkyCat wrote: »
    Nerf fossilize, too.

I'd love to hear your reasoning behind another fossilize nerf, doesnt do damage, costs crapton of magicka, 8 metres range (already nerfed twice)
  • Heimpai
    Heimpai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ATomiX96 wrote: »
    Nerf fossilize, too.

I'd love to hear your reasoning behind another fossilize nerf, doesnt do damage, costs crapton of magicka, 8 metres range (already nerfed twice)

Probably because it’s spammed a lot? I have no issues with it though
  • JobooAGS
    JobooAGS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Change snipe to a flurry like skill, change rapid fire to snipe and drastically reduce the cost (at least by around half) and then make scattershot cc behave like like javalin and clench
  • DUTCH_REAPER
    DUTCH_REAPER
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nerf lag!!!
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Seems like every other zergling without chains or jesus-beam is now spamming this.. needs fixing.
    Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Minie Mo - Stam/Magblade - DC
    Woody Ron - Stamplar - DC
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
    Khattman Doo - Stamblade - Relegated to Crafter, cos AD.
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I support this topic!
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• _Ahala_
    _Ahala_
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This skill would be fine if the cc break actually worked during the knockback effect or if the knockback effect had a faster and less debilitating animation... the range increase however was necessary for the synergy of the weapon line and so should stay
  • evoniee
    evoniee
    ✭✭✭✭
    the knee down + sliding animation make it like an absolute 1 sec stun
  • usmcjdking
    usmcjdking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

It is breakable CC.

Not entirely. CC breaking DOES have a cooldown, and you cannot break free out of the knockback. If your first CC break registers during the knockback you will be unable until the BF cooldown is over.
  • evoniee
    evoniee
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nerf fossilize, too.

+1
  • evoniee
    evoniee
    ✭✭✭✭

if it compared by mass hysteria
    -from eso uesp-

fosilize
    - Encase an enemy in stone, stunning them for 2.5 seconds. When the stun ends, they take [942 / 952 / 963 / 973] Magic Damage and are immobilized for 3 seconds. This stun cannot be blocked or dodged.
    - 8m, enemy target, 2700 magicka.
    - always hit except target is cc immuned.
    - almost need to roll dodge everytime for non tanky elusive playstyle which is drain more stamina.
    -melee player cannot trade hit while being immobilized cause mag dk has higer range which is bs.

mass hysteria
    -Summon a dark spirit to terrify up to 2 enemies, causing them to flee in fear for 4 seconds. After the fear ends, their Movement Speed is reduced by [50 / 51 / 52 / 53]% for 2 seconds and they are afflicted with Minor Maim, reducing their damage done by 15%
    - 6m, area, 3780 magicka.
    - 6m area, harder to hit, i mean *so f hard *
    - fear 2 target, but *don't even think to hit 2 cause the aoe and short range*, also it choose target randomly if more than 2.
    - guess what, it is a fear, the target run away from you, make it even harder to follow up make this skill lackluster for offensive purpose. good luck chasing move speed build.
    - the snare is decent, but minor maim do nothing at all cause everyone would heal / dodge / shield after cc break, it also make the snare is only decent.

DISCLAIMER:
    i know this is not accurate and eso uesp not updated. the snare and damage might have been removed now.

give your best argument buds
  • ATomiX96
    ATomiX96
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    evoniee wrote: »

if it compared by mass hysteria
    -from eso uesp-

fosilize
    - Encase an enemy in stone, stunning them for 2.5 seconds. When the stun ends, they take [942 / 952 / 963 / 973] Magic Damage and are immobilized for 3 seconds. This stun cannot be blocked or dodged.
    - 8m, enemy target, 2700 magicka.
    - always hit except target is cc immuned.
    - almost need to roll dodge everytime for non tanky elusive playstyle which is drain more stamina.
    -melee player cannot trade hit while being immobilized cause mag dk has higer range which is bs.

mass hysteria
    -Summon a dark spirit to terrify up to 2 enemies, causing them to flee in fear for 4 seconds. After the fear ends, their Movement Speed is reduced by [50 / 51 / 52 / 53]% for 2 seconds and they are afflicted with Minor Maim, reducing their damage done by 15%
    - 6m, area, 3780 magicka.
    - 6m area, harder to hit, i mean *so f hard *
    - fear 2 target, but *don't even think to hit 2 cause the aoe and short range*, also it choose target randomly if more than 2.
    - guess what, it is a fear, the target run away from you, make it even harder to follow up make this skill lackluster for offensive purpose. good luck chasing move speed build.
    - the snare is decent, but minor maim do nothing at all cause everyone would heal / dodge / shield after cc break, it also make the snare is only decent.

DISCLAIMER:
    i know this is not accurate and eso uesp not updated. the snare and damage might have been removed now.

give your best argument buds

You are comparing 2 skills face to face, without considering playstyle and passives of either class, thats enough arguments to prove you wrong.
  • goldenarcher1
    goldenarcher1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
  • TheYKcid
    TheYKcid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    usmcjdking wrote: »

It is breakable CC.

Not entirely. CC breaking DOES have a cooldown, and you cannot break free out of the knockback. If your first CC break registers during the knockback you will be unable until the BF cooldown is over.

This makes a lot of sense.

CC-break is tied to the GCD. This isn't very obvious because getting stunned resets ones GCD, which allows you to instantly break even if you casted an ability within the past 1 second.

This mechanic only becomes apparent when a magplar puts a bubble on you—which isn't a hard CC and thus doesn't reset GCD. You have to wait a second after casting something before you can break the bubble, and this leads to the many complaints from people about "unbreakable" bubbles—in reality they're simply using up their GCDs.

I think @usmcjdking is correct about Scattershot registering your break attempt DURING the knockback, thus putting you on cooldown, but not actually ending the CC'd state. I know for a fact that the only times I'm able to reliably break is if I wait for my toon to land on the ground.

You are FORCED to endure a full second of CC without the option to break, and this is often a death sentence.

This is indisputably bugged behaviour and needs to be fixed ASAP. Giving max range to a skill this broken was an asinine decision and the amount of abuse right now is appalling.
    Edited by TheYKcid on November 18, 2018 7:34AM
    PC/NA — Daggerfall Covenant — BGs, Kaalgrontiid
    Kalazar ChalhoubRedguard Nord Stamplar
    Kalaron Caemor — Altmer Magsorc
    Kalahad Cirith — Dunmer Magden
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Biro123 wrote: »
    Seems like every other zergling without chains or jesus-beam is now spamming this.. needs fixing.

That’s true.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • Fur_like_snow
    Fur_like_snow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just reduce the range or make it so the skill can be CC broken during mid flight same as clench or magicka javelin.
    Edited by Fur_like_snow on November 18, 2018 10:47PM
  • Ashanne
    Ashanne
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hi @ZOS_GinaBruno,

Can you pass on the team this absolutely painful issue that we are all facing since the new patch landed.

We almost understand that you guys cant fix the lag, etc.., but at least fix the mechanics of the game (broken skills, broken ccs, shields not going off etc)
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NyassaV wrote: »

who thought changing the range from 14 to 40 metres was a good change in the first place ...

pve noobs that think they don't impact PVP lol.
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • TheYKcid
    TheYKcid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/446377/draining-shot-cc-bug/p1

A bug report that documents another issue with Scattershot: knocking-back the target but not giving any hard stun, leaving them vulnerable to taking more subsequent CCs.

Seems like the knockback and the actual 1.5s tooltip stun are two separate components of the skill, and this design might be causing the issues we encounter. ZOS should probably just entirely recode it and make it behave like flame reach or something similar.
    PC/NA — Daggerfall Covenant — BGs, Kaalgrontiid
    Kalazar ChalhoubRedguard Nord Stamplar
    Kalaron Caemor — Altmer Magsorc
    Kalahad Cirith — Dunmer Magden
  • MaxJrFTW
    MaxJrFTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It isn't broken though. Only reason they "fixed" the stamina morph of javelin is because badplars claimed they didn't have enough uptime on their target.
    "I don't know you, and I don't care to know you."
    ―Ulrich Leland, 3E 433