The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Into the Woods (Possible spoilers)

Morgha_Kul
Morgha_Kul
✭✭✭✭✭
Ok, so I'm on this quest in Coldharbour. At the end of it, I'm expected to help either the Lamia or the Wood Elves. Now, the Lamia says the Wood Elves have been slaughtering her children (destroying eggs, I assume). She says she just wants the war to end. The Wood Elf wants me to help her people break out of an agreement with Molag Bal.

Now, it seems to me that if I help the Wood Elves, that will allow me to help the Lamia as well by either sending the Elves home to Nirn, or at least convincing them to stop breaking eggs. However, the Lamia says if I help the Elves, the Lamia will be hostile and never forgive me.

So, I'm kind of torn. There doesn't seem to be a way to help both groups, even though logically there SHOULD be. Any suggestions as to how I might resolve this thing peacefully?
Exploring Tamriel since 1994.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I dont think there is a really peaceful resolution. You basically get one group or the other as your allies moving forward.

My Vestige sided with the Lamia because after Shadowfen she was so not down with smashing eggs and killing kids. My Dark Brotherhood assassin didnt care and sided with the elves.
  • Morgha_Kul
    Morgha_Kul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I ended up siding with the elves, but refused to smash any eggs. Having the Persuasion skill from the Mage's Guild allowed that. However, I still had to kill a Lamia champion.

Oh well. Kind of a shame to be forced into these things.
    Exploring Tamriel since 1994.
  • ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kill ‘em all.
  • MattT1988
    MattT1988
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It really doesn’t matter. The only consequence this choice has is who helps you in your last push towards Molag Bal, and it’s minimal help at best.
  • mague
    mague
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Morgha_Kul wrote: »
    Ok, so I'm on this quest in Coldharbour. At the end of it, I'm expected to help either the Lamia or the Wood Elves. Now, the Lamia says the Wood Elves have been slaughtering her children (destroying eggs, I assume). She says she just wants the war to end. The Wood Elf wants me to help her people break out of an agreement with Molag Bal.

Now, it seems to me that if I help the Wood Elves, that will allow me to help the Lamia as well by either sending the Elves home to Nirn, or at least convincing them to stop breaking eggs. However, the Lamia says if I help the Elves, the Lamia will be hostile and never forgive me.

So, I'm kind of torn. There doesn't seem to be a way to help both groups, even though logically there SHOULD be. Any suggestions as to how I might resolve this thing peacefully?

Its a mild spoiler but should help you
    It is possible to help the Lamia without killing a single Wood Elf. Sneak and potions are your friend. And it pays much later, because the one Wood Elf does....
  • cyberblast
    cyberblast
    ✭✭✭
    mague wrote: »
    And it pays much later, because the one Wood Elf does....

??