Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Do Khajiit have prehensile tails?

Brittany_Joy
Brittany_Joy
✭✭✭✭
A few peeps commented that evolution-wise khajiit shouldn't have such long tails. I don't know why but I know prehensile tails would keep the tail around. So does anyone have lore bits that show khajiits and if they have prehensile tails or is it just something never talked about?
  • ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    wat
  • Judas Helviaryn
    Judas Helviaryn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Most races on here, while seeming to follow evolution, are created through divine inspiration. It's quite literally written in the lore.
  • kadochka
    kadochka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    IIIII seriously doubt that...
    It's just for balance, really. :3
    if I could make another character, their name would be Cries-For-Character-Slots. AKA, I need more.

• Claudman
    Claudman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    'Evolution-wise'

Hmmm...Khajiit hadn't come from a chain of evolution.
    Welcome, Moon-and-Star, to this place where destiny is made.

I play healers or DPS often for vet dungeons and trials (NA, CP810+). I play mostly elves or Argonians.
    I primarily play Damage-Based stuff in PvP, but occasionally I'll play something tanky or got the heals.
    I also love gaining more knowledge both metaphysical and mundane regarding TES lore.

I also occasionally role-play, but I prefer playing the game.
  • Brittany_Joy
    Brittany_Joy
    ✭✭✭✭
    Claudman wrote: »
    'Evolution-wise'

Hmmm...Khajiit hadn't come from a chain of evolution.

Well obviously lol. I am not saying that. I am just asking if they ever had prehensile tails. I think one of the other khajiit have the prehensile tails, the ohms? I dunno. I just think it would be cool if I could grasp a tea cup with my khajiit's tail.
  • Bruccius
    Bruccius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As a non-native English speaker, can someone tell me what a ''prehensile'' tail is?
  • Eporem
    Eporem
    ✭✭✭
    Bruccius wrote: »
    As a non-native English speaker, can someone tell me what a ''prehensile'' tail is?

able to seize grasp or hold:)
  • kadochka
    kadochka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Bruccius
    iox1fkcjorcr.png
    Edited by kadochka on November 17, 2018 6:28PM
    if I could make another character, their name would be Cries-For-Character-Slots. AKA, I need more.

• Bruccius
    Bruccius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks to these fine gentlemen (gentlewomen?)@Eporem @kadochka I can now involve myself in this discussion.

I believe that, yes, at least some Khajiit are capable of using their tails to hold items. If I recall correctly, it is said in the Elder Scrolls Novels that they use them to throw daggers and such.
  • kadochka
    kadochka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks to these fine gentlemen (gentlewomen?)@Eporem @kadochka I can now involve myself in this discussion.

I believe that, yes, at least some Khajiit are capable of using their tails to hold items. If I recall correctly, it is said in the Elder Scrolls Novels that they use them to throw daggers and such.

Gentlewoman. :) And I can believe holding items, but... when you say 'prehensile tails', I think of monkeys, and I think of being able to hold themselves up with their tails.. which I doubt they can do, most of the time?
    But throwing daggers is pretty believable, atleast for a Khajiit who's trained.

• Brittany_Joy
    Brittany_Joy
    ✭✭✭✭

Really? That is so cool. Do you know the book's title?
  • Bruccius
    Bruccius
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I can't gaurantee it, as I only vaguely recall it, but it should be in either the Infernal City or Lord of Souls.
  • kadochka
    kadochka
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I can't gaurantee it, as I only vaguely recall it, but it should be in either the Infernal City or Lord of Souls.

Aah! I just checked those out from the library a couple days ago! (Waiting on book no.1)

• Brittany_Joy
    Brittany_Joy
    ✭✭✭✭

I have those books on audio book. Definitely, going to listen to it again and actually pay attention lol.
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This one has a party trick where she can pick up a glass of wine with her tail yes. While also holding one in each paw.

This one likes to call it multitasking yes …

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • Bruccius
    Bruccius
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I have those books on audio book. Definitely, going to listen to it again and actually pay attention lol.

As said, can't gaurantee it, as it's been a while since I've last read them. But I do recall it being mentioned in there.
  • bongtokin420insd16
    bongtokin420insd16
    ✭✭✭✭
    This one uses his tail to hold the J but finds all of his hairs singed near the tip.
    Kaz_Wastelander PS4NA
  • Brittany_Joy
    Brittany_Joy
    ✭✭✭✭

As said, can't gaurantee it, as it's been a while since I've last read them. But I do recall it being mentioned in there.

Well I do vaguely remember something about Khajiit physical prowess in those books. Khajiit do awesome things in the books like run on all fours and climb giant trees with great speed.
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You don't wanna know what a certain Khajiit can do with her tail, a yoyo, and a Pineapple.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • Robo_Hobo
    Robo_Hobo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If any form of Khajiit were to have prehensile tails it would maybe be the Dagi and Dagi-raht form of Khajiit, as they seem to be (very-loosely) described to be monkey-like - in that they're lighter than Bosmer and can go higher in trees than them. But, that's really up in the air whether that's truly what they're like. It would be interesting.
  • kadochka
    kadochka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ArchMikem wrote: »
    You don't wanna know what a certain Khajiit can do with her tail, a yoyo, and a Pineapple.

And where was THIS found? :D

• ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kadochka wrote: »

Look up "Prequel or Making a Cat Cry: The Adventure", and buckle in for the ride of your life.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • kadochka
    kadochka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kadochka wrote: »

Look up "Prequel or Making a Cat Cry: The Adventure", and buckle in for the ride of your life.

I've started it! I wonder what it was.. x3