The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Veteran Blackrose Prison on Xbox EU

ZettaVC
ZettaVC
✭✭
I was interested to find out other people's experiences in here since it has been released.

I spent a few hours in there today with some trusted friends and we encountered a few things that we felt weren't right. Aside from the terrible lag, inability to weapon swap and DCs. ;)

Stage 1. Boss fight

Meteor mechanic; despite not being stacked members of our group seemed to be insta killed for 2x meteor damage in the tooltip (nothing else in tooltip). Hitting for 35k through block and shield. It would be certain death for that person. No one else in the group ever died, so my question is how can someone be insta killed by a meteor that hits for 2x damage in the tooltip when no one is stacked?

Stage 2. Invisible and Impossible mechanics; AOE under hackwings didn't render very often at all. AOE under netches didn't always render. This caused a lot of unnecessary death.

Stage 2. Boss

Over and over the 'fly' mechanic where 3 people would need to stack would always fall on the tank either right before or during our fight with the haj mota. We tried several tactics, slowing the fight, speeding it back up. In the end we all cheered when after many, many tries it finally spawned on someone else, we cheered, completed the stage and cheered again. So stupid.

Stage 3. Infuser spawns; everytime the three infusers spawn they always targetted the same person, who always died if they weren't the tank (of course that rarely happened to the tank). This meant constantly starting the fight on the back foot.

Anyway we decided to come back another day.

• Masel
    Masel
    Class Representative
    ZettaVC wrote: »
    I was interested to find out other people's experiences in here since it has been released.

I spent a few hours in there today with some trusted friends and we encountered a few things that we felt weren't right. Aside from the terrible lag, inability to weapon swap and DCs. ;)

Stage 1. Boss fight

Meteor mechanic; despite not being stacked members of our group seemed to be insta killed for 2x meteor damage in the tooltip (nothing else in tooltip). Hitting for 35k through block and shield. It would be certain death for that person. No one else in the group ever died, so my question is how can someone be insta killed by a meteor that hits for 2x damage in the tooltip when no one is stacked?

Stage 2. Invisible and Impossible mechanics; AOE under hackwings didn't render very often at all. AOE under netches didn't always render. This caused a lot of unnecessary death.

Stage 2. Boss

Over and over the 'fly' mechanic where 3 people would need to stack would always fall on the tank either right before or during our fight with the haj mota. We tried several tactics, slowing the fight, speeding it back up. In the end we all cheered when after many, many tries it finally spawned on someone else, we cheered, completed the stage and cheered again. So stupid.

Stage 3. Infuser spawns; everytime the three infusers spawn they always targetted the same person, who always died if they weren't the tank (of course that rarely happened to the tank). This meant constantly starting the fight on the back foot.

Anyway we decided to come back another day.

While I agree that some mechanics there are questionable, your problems are entirely solvable.

Stage 1. You don't only have to avoid being stacked, there's also four additional aoes around the boss. Avoid these too. If you stand in them and you aren't a tank = rip.

On stage 2, save a barrier ultimate for situations like these. If haj mota is there and things get iffy, block and pop barrier and you'll survive. The defensive sigil is also very valuable. Couple tips: have the tank use reflect for boss fights, saves you a tons of damage from bleeds. Also, everything there is health based. 80% boss health = troll. 60% = haj mota, 40% = wamasu. Wait until the swarm happened, stop damage and restart when it happened.

The infusers can be avoided by just having the tank taunt them asap and have the rest dodgeroll when they spawn :wink:

Edited by Masel on November 21, 2018 9:22PM
    PC EU

All Trial Trifecta Titles Done!

Youtube:
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChVEG6ckuAgGs5OyA6VeisA
  • ZettaVC
    ZettaVC
    ✭✭
    Hey,

Thanks for your reply :)

Stage 1. Yes, I was aware of the other AOE but I wasn't in it. My tooltip was blank, aside from meteor, the ONLY incoming damage was from meteor. I have a screenshot of it. I'll try to find it and add it here so you can see.

Stage 2. Well we got there in the end ;) we did try stopping dps. But we always found a second swarm would usually appear during the haj mota burn almost exclusively on the tank. Super hard to manage.

Stage 3. Will try out the rolldodge tactic when we try next, thanks for the tip!

Any tips for final two stages?

• xRIVALENx
    xRIVALENx
    ✭✭✭
    If you are running with a DK tank they can use Magma Shell to eat the bug swarm damage without the group stacking.
  • BuddyAces
    BuddyAces
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My groups only cleared this 3 or 4 times. It's hard for us to all be on at the same time lately, worse recently, so I'm no expert but it wouldn't surprise me if something wasn't bugging out. The last time we were in there both myself and the other dps were having issues where our light and heavy attacks were constantly missing. The worse I've ever had. As for those damn infusers, I roll dodge twice right when they're about to spawn because they like to lock onto me and fire before the tank can aggro all of em.
    They nerfed magsorcs so hard stamsorcs felt it,lol - Somber97866

I'm blown away by the utter stupidity I see here on the daily. - Wrekkedd
  • gabriebe
    gabriebe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For round 1, you might wanna check that your healer purges the fire gauntlet DoT and has everyone topped up before the meteor hits. If the atronachs happen to die at the same time, they do a kind of explosion aoe you need to be out of. It might also be simply a case of people blocking but not having enough stam to absorb the block fully.

For stage 2, the very annoying thing about the netches is that AOE they have only appears when they are trigged by a ground effect or by proximity. So what usually happens is people get fixated on the bug bomb but dont see the thing sneaking above their head, and die. Pretty common for melee DPS and healers spamming healing springs, for example.

For stage 3, wait for the tank to aggro before putting anything down. I think they light attack the first DoT they meet, but not really sure. We had the same issue, kind of annoying but not too hard to survive.

Stage 4: f that place.

Stage 5: We had some issues with collecting the ghosts. If you get there, you need to wait til the circle underneath them fills up before you can pick them up. Even then, it can kind of iffy to pick them because it seems like you need in the exact middle, kinda like how tough it can be to pick up synergies sometimes.

Former Empresses: Saliva Bortschion (MagBlade), Janet From Finance (PvP MagSorc), Carla Swagan (Tank DK), Estelle Born (StamBlade), Enya Arsenal (MagPlar), Anita Nurse (Magplar Healer), Bearback Brigitte (Magden), Rachel Justice (MagDK), Nicole From Payroll (Stamden), Bailiff Belinda (PvE MagSorc), Féline Dion (StamDK), Septic Tank Tina (Necro Tank)

The runts: The Trolly Spirit (Tank Sorc), Floods-Your-Basement (Warden Healer) Dinah Asthma (Magcro), Total Top Tony (Stamcro)

The traitor
    s: Janis Javelin (Stamplar, EP), Barbecue Becky (Magblade Healer, AD)

PvE: Gryphon Heart, Immortal Redeemer, Flawless Conqueror

GM: Animal Control

• BooPerScOOper
    BooPerScOOper
    ✭✭✭
    gabriebe wrote: »

I actually LOLed.... People in my office are like "Hey, what's so funny". I can't explain Stage 4 to them....
  • BuddyAces
    BuddyAces
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    gabriebe wrote: »

I actually LOLed.... People in my office are like "Hey, what's so funny". I can't explain Stage 4 to them....

Tell em Monday mornings at 7 am after a 3 day bender is more appealing.
    They nerfed magsorcs so hard stamsorcs felt it,lol - Somber97866

I'm blown away by the utter stupidity I see here on the daily. - Wrekkedd