The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

the game is a hot mess with all the lag

Alfie2072
Alfie2072
✭✭✭
please zos why have we still not fixed latency issues in this game, please instead of deleting this post actually give us some reasons
PvP - Stamina Warden - Stamina Templar - Stamina Dragonknight - Stamina Nightblade
Worst Twitch Streamer Here
  • JackWest92
    JackWest92
    ✭✭✭
    I’d say its because all the aoe spam. To remove that they either need to change how the whole combat system works(how damage is recorded) or disable aoe in pvp, which would kill ball grps. For some reason they actually believe cyro is made for ball grps, so i dont see that hapenning
    Edited by JackWest92 on November 16, 2018 7:07AM
    PC-EU

Archmage Regalliona EP Magicka Sorcerer
    Regalliona EP Stamina Nightblade
    Aims-for-the-bushes EP Magicka Templar
    Kills-with-patience DC Magicka Nightblade
    Regallion Thunderborn EP Stamina Dragon Knight
    Regalliona Flameborn DC Magicka Dragon Knight
    Regalliona Stormrage AD Magicka Warden
  • Knootewoot
    Knootewoot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Just attack with only light and heavy attacks and maybe one single target skill. Lag will be gone if everyone does it.
    ٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
    "I am a nightblade. Blending the disciplines of the stealthy agent and subtle wizard, I move unseen and undetected, foil locks and traps, and teleport to safety when threatened, or strike like a viper from ambush. The College of Illusion hides me and fuddles or pacifies my opponents. The College of Mysticism detects my object, reflects and dispels enemy spells, and makes good my escape. The key to a nightblade's success is avoidance, by spell or by stealth; with these skills, all things are possible."
  • Alfie2072
    Alfie2072
    ✭✭✭
    aoe is far from the issue, it may make a difference yes but its not the main issue
    PvP - Stamina Warden - Stamina Templar - Stamina Dragonknight - Stamina Nightblade
    Worst Twitch Streamer Here
  • Jeremy
    Jeremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alfie2072 wrote: »
    please zos why have we still not fixed latency issues in this game, please instead of deleting this post actually give us some reasons

To be honest, this game's PvP is a hot mess with or without the lag.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JackWest92 wrote: »
    I’d say its because all the aoe spam. To remove that they either need to change how the whole combat system works(how damage is recorded) or disable aoe in pvp, which would kill ball grps. For some reason they actually believe cyro is made for ball grps, so i dont see that hapenning

I find it funny that we've moved from blaming AOE caps for the extra calculations for the lag to blaming AOEs for the lag. Not saying it wrong, I have no idea, though organized raids have been spamming AOE even when the lag wasnt this bad in the past.

Also, LOL to the idea that disabling AOE would kill ball groups. 12-24 organized people using single target abilities are still going to kill a bunch of disorganized people using single target abilities, even assuming ZOS wanted to conpletely redesign their combat skills. Which they don't. And small man groups arent going to kill larger organized groups with single target abilities either - that was the entire point of removing the AOE cap.

And finally, do check the groupfinder, where you'll find that Cyrodiil is for groups of 2 to 24 people, which might explain why ZOS thinks Cyrodiil is made for large organized raids...
  • Marcus684
    Marcus684
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It’s really strange how I can be in a fight at a keep between 30+ players on both sides and the lag is barely noticeable, but as soon as one of the tight ball groups of 18-24 shows up, game performance takes a steaming dump. It seems to me that ZOS’ servers just can’t the stress the highly efficient ball groups place on it, when combined with the load of the other 30 players they’re farming.
    Edited by Marcus684 on November 16, 2018 3:44PM
  • JackWest92
    JackWest92
    ✭✭✭

I find it funny that we've moved from blaming AOE caps for the extra calculations for the lag to blaming AOEs for the lag. Not saying it wrong, I have no idea, though organized raids have been spamming AOE even when the lag wasnt this bad in the past.

Thats my theory at least based on reading somewhere through the forums how ST and AOE works in ESO. What I read is that when a person uses ST ability that person's own client is "doing the work". There is not much involvement from the server. However, with AOE, not only it has to be calculated for every person hit, but the game needs to determine who was hit in the first place, due to player location, compared to the ability's location, and thats done by the zenimax's servers. And more calculations from more AOE used, and more people being hit by it, more load. No, I do NOT know how true that it. Thats simply the data I am basing my theory on
    Also, LOL to the idea that disabling AOE would kill ball groups. 12-24 organized people using single target abilities are still going to kill a bunch of disorganized people using single target abilities, even assuming ZOS wanted to conpletely redesign their combat skills. Which they don't. And small man groups arent going to kill larger organized groups with single target abilities either - that was the entire point of removing the AOE cap.

Ever since I started the game, ball groups existed and spammed AOE abilities. That was about a year and a half ago, so I dont know how it was "in the past". However, I cannot imagine being very successful killing people with ST only. Mainly because how the "targetting system" works. Yes, I know you can "highlight" a player, but from my experience that doesnt always work. What I imagine is something like that:
    Pantherra's raid leader: "Kill the templar healer. Kill [random name]"
    then half the raid
    "I cant *** hit him....my spells keep hitting the sorc's pet"
    Now, I'd love to see ball groups with ST only, but at the moment thats how I imagine i'd be. Doesnt look very successful

Edited by JackWest92 on November 16, 2018 4:13PM
    PC-EU

• JackWest92
    JackWest92
    ✭✭✭
    need to delete this lol :D

Didnt know quoting twice would make two posts. In mmo-champion it always used to just add it to your last post
    Edited by JackWest92 on November 16, 2018 4:13PM
    PC-EU

• Marcus684
    Marcus684
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Thats my theory at least based on reading somewhere through the forums how ST and AOE works in ESO. What I read is that when a person uses ST ability that person's own client is "doing the work". There is not much involvement from the server. However, with AOE, not only it has to be calculated for every person hit, but the game needs to determine who was hit in the first place, due to player location, compared to the ability's location, and thats done by the zenimax's servers. And more calculations from more AOE used, and more people being hit by it, more load. No, I do NOT know how true that it. Thats simply the data I am basing my theory on

Ever since I started the game, ball groups existed and spammed AOE abilities. That was about a year and a half ago, so I dont know how it was "in the past". However, I cannot imagine being very successful killing people with ST only. Mainly because how the "targetting system" works. Yes, I know you can "highlight" a player, but from my experience that doesnt always work. What I imagine is something like that:
    Pantherra's raid leader: "Kill the templar healer. Kill [random name]"
    then half the raid
    "I cant *** hit him....my spells keep hitting the sorc's pet"
    Now, I'd love to see ball groups with ST only, but at the moment thats how I imagine i'd be. Doesnt look very successful

I remember when ball groups first started implementing AoEs, it was Impulse. Brandon’s guild group on Wabbajack DC PC/NA started a “special forces” group of mag builds spamming Impulse to supplement the regular group of whatever people did in ball groups. This was way before the lighting patch that lots of people blame for the sudden drop in game performance, and lag was non-existent even for me on my old PC with 4 gigs of RAM and 3-7 mbps DSL Internet. I really think ZOS screwed the pooch somewhere along the line trying to improve the appearance of the game, and have never been able to deal with the ever-increasing load on the servers that the player base places on them as they get better at stacking higher and higher damage and heals.
    Edited by Marcus684 on November 16, 2018 5:20PM