The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Weird effect with daily writs.

zaria
zaria
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
I do daily crafting writs on 3 characters. I noticed that the first two always has cloth or leather the same day, over 30 positive and non who is different, number 3 is random.
Any other has this effect? All are crafting level 50.
Grinding just make you go in circles.
Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • Greysson
    Greysson
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes, its the same with other daily quests. Some chars get quest X, other quest Y.
    I do writs on 14 chars. Most of them have the same, some have another sequence and one a third.
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok so it looks like its an pattern not random, same with undaunted writs, but the crating ones are not the same for all.
    luckily the undaunted dailies are the same :)
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • Greysson
    Greysson
    ✭✭✭✭
    Pledges are the same for everyone. They work different than other daylies.
  • kringled_1
    kringled_1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    All daily crafting writs other than alchemy are on a three-day cycle. Alchemy below top level is on a 4 day cycle I think, at top level it's longer (8?). Top level provisioning used to be on a longer cycle as well but they recently removed the CP50 recipe quests from the cycle.
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kringled_1 wrote: »
    All daily crafting writs other than alchemy are on a three-day cycle. Alchemy below top level is on a 4 day cycle I think, at top level it's longer (8?). Top level provisioning used to be on a longer cycle as well but they recently removed the CP50 recipe quests from the cycle.
    Makes sense, and know they rotate, same with other daily quests.
    makes me wonder how its done, do you get an random starting position the first time, and the loop advances one each day?
  • Feric51
    Feric51
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @zaria

I posted a lengthy explanation in a similar thread about a year ago, but I'll summarize really quickly until I can dig up that thread and link to it.

Basically this:

The first day your character completes the crafting certification, and is able to do writs, you are always given the same set of writs, and that day starts that particular character's writ rotation. There are three possible writs (for blacksmithing/clothing/woodworking) and they always follow a set order. Blacksmithing is (dagger/helm/pauldron) or (greatsword/sabatons/gauntlets) or (sword/cuirass/greaves). Clothing is (leather - bracers/helm/arm cops) (cloth - shoes/hat/sash) or (cloth - robes/breeches/epaulets). Woodworking is (bow(x2)/shield) or (inferno/ice/lighting staves) or (resto staff(x2)/shield). In that order.

Now, the reason some characters get the same writs and some do not is based on when you completed the crafting certification on all characters in relationship with the others. Each character starts at the beginning of the rotation, so if your first character has been doing writs for months and happens to be on day two or day three of their rotation and you certify another character, their writ rotations will not align. However, if you certify multiple characters on the same day, or just happen to be on day one of your original character's rotation, any others certified that day will have aligning writs.

Make sense? lol

I'll try to find my more detailed post and link it below.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/4811845#Comment_4811845

^^^ There is a better breakdown of what I was talking about. Nevermind my error in what one of the writs calls for.
    Edited by Feric51 on November 13, 2018 4:20PM
    Feric51
    Xbox NA

Darkness Falls: The Crusade survivor (you young kids will never know the struggle of text-based games)

• zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks it makes perfect sense, I assume other daily quests follows the same pattern, that is outside the undaunted dungeons.
  • Feric51
    Feric51
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    zaria wrote: »
    Thanks it makes perfect sense, I assume other daily quests follows the same pattern, that is outside the undaunted dungeons.

Most zone-specific daily quests (Gold Coast, Clockwork, etc) seem to be "true RNG" as far as what quest they're going to have you do. I used to run the Gold Coast world boss dailies for motifs and quick xp, and there would be times I'd get the stupid minotaur 3-4 days in a row, then other times it would be almost 50/50 on minotaur or arena, so those type of dailies seem to be random.

Crafting ones are, as far as I know, the only ones that follow a set pattern. This applies to enchanting/alchemy/jewelry as well. There was some debate on whether provisioning writs followed a set pattern or were all over the place, but I think with the Wolfhunter patch they corrected that.

Edited by Feric51 on November 13, 2018 7:05PM
    Feric51
    Xbox NA

Darkness Falls: The Crusade survivor (you young kids will never know the struggle of text-based games)