Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

What is your favorite Crafted Gear set?

Tasear
Tasear
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
What set have you enjoyed the most or use the most?
  • The_Protagonist
    The_Protagonist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PvE
    Hunding's Rage
    Law of Julianos
    Night Mother's Gaze
    Seducer

PvP
    Torug's Pact
    Shacklebreaker
    Sload's Semblance
    Eternal Hunt
  • Mudcrabber
    Mudcrabber
    ✭✭✭✭
    By usage, almost all my characters have julianos, hundings, or shacklebreaker paired with looted set. Just straight bonuses with no catch.

I've had some fun with orgnum's too, 1vX'ing with little more than passive health recovery. But with the fun also comes shame and frustration. It takes like 30 seconds just to kill one pvp guard.
  • Feric51
    Feric51
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pretty much by default all my magicka characters are built around Julianos + 5-piece + monster, and my stamina characters generally all use Hunding's + 5-piece + monster.

When leveling new characters I do Julianos + Torug's + looted rings, and stamina does Hunding's + Night Mother's Gaze + looted rings. All training gear improved to purple with the exception of the Necklace (Torug's/NMG) which is only improved to blue.

I don't have the time/skill to run end-game trials so I utilize the crafted sets into all of my builds. Currently:

MagSorc (main) - Necropotence + Julianos + Ilambris (Not a "pet sorc," but I run the matriarch for burst heal and that proc's the Necropotence)
    MagBlade - Julianos + War Maiden + Ilambris
    MagPlar - (See above)
    MagDK - Julianos + Silks of the Sun + Grothdarr
    MagDen - Still leveling

StamSorc - Hunding's + Spriggan's + Kragh's
    StamDK - Hunding's + Spriggan's + Velidreth
    StamPlar - A hot mess
    StamBlade - (See above)
    StamDen - Still leveling

I'm one of the most casual of casuals. I enjoy questing and crafting and the occasional vet, base-game dungeon with guildmates. I ran a normal trial during the Witches' Festival just for the associated Dremora skull achievement, and that was the first trial I'd ran in about 8 months.

I know my builds/sets are far from BiS, but they let me accomplish the content I need to, so don't bash me too hard.
    Feric51
    Xbox NA

Darkness Falls: The Crusade survivor (you young kids will never know the struggle of text-based games)

• Starlock
    Starlock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't have a favorite.

Back before the outfit system, I always ran one crafted set to control aesthetics. Ones I've found fun to use for the characters include:
    • Night's Silence - I used this on my thief to make her quicker while in stealth. Then I learned Shadow Dancer existed, a set far better suited to her build. Don't use it now, but it was golden at the time for me.
    • Whitestrake's Retribution - I used this set for a long time on my artificer while I was learning how to tank. The damage shield proc would save him when I messed up and provide a buffer for recovery. I miss using this set, honestly, and have considered using Imperuim to get that fun damage shield mechanic back.
    • Spectre's Eye - I had a lot of fun playing with this set on my vampire character, but ended up dumping it because the dodge chance just didn't proc enough to be worth it at all. Now that dodge chance has gone away, I might consider using this set again if I wasn't so in love with his current setup. Maybe on another character?
    • Eternal Hunt - I have a character whose concept in part revolved around wanting to use this set. It's so much fun to use, and I'm not at all disappointed that it's a hallmark of her build. Stamina wardens don't have much in the way of CC, and watching foes stumble into the traps she leaves is precious.
    • Kvatch Gladiator - While I don't use this on any of my characters right now, I played with it for a while and found the execute effect fun to use. I might use it on an other character concept at some point.

There are others that look pretty fun on paper, but I just haven't tried yet, so this is by no means a comprehensive list. There are also sets I've tried (or even use) that I don't like. I don't like Julianos or Hunding because they are painfully boring and pedestrian. I've used sets like Magnus' Gift, Seducer, and Torug's as well, but they are also rather boring. I tried building a character around the Morkuldin set only to find the proc rate is complete garbage. I played with Daedric Trickery, and while fun, the randomness and long cooldown weren't for me.
  • John_Falstaff
    John_Falstaff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    My first build - that odd something that could even be called a build, and it happened already between 50 and CP160 - consisted of NMG and Kvatch Gladiator, and I still keep pieces in my bank. I enjoyed running it. Then it was excitement of Twice Born Star (already CP160 and already long after it stopped being among meta). And then, Hunding's, a workhorse I only stashed into bank two or three months ago when I finally got vMA bow and felt the need for change.

Now I don't run crafted sets, but I would often craft for others, mostly new folks who need training gear, and when in doubt, I would go for Hunding's in case of stamina (with NMG or Automaton's as the second set), Julian's in case of magicka (also sometimes with Automaton's), or something like combo of Torug's and Fortified Brass for aspiring tanks (or Hunding's in place of Brass so they'd have some damage bump for more comfortable overland questing).

Oddly, I seldom got to craft for healers (just an outlier - I mostly craft for guildmates, familiar folks or random people who ask in zone chat, I don't seek crafting tasks and don't charge extra). One time I did for level 20 healer, it was Seducer's and Julianos I think (I didn't have enough traits back then, else I'd have added Kagrenac's to it).
    Edited by John_Falstaff on November 15, 2018 3:31PM
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Though not best in slot, Morkuldin is probably the most fun to play IMO.
  • Starlock
    Starlock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Though not best in slot, Morkuldin is probably the most fun to play IMO.

I know right? If only the proc rate wasn't trash. I ran around doing nothing but light attacks on it for a while and it was more like 1 in 20, not 1 in 10. I kind of wonder if it's bugged.
  • Mudcrabber
    Mudcrabber
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've used Morkuldin while leveling up a new character. It's way too difficult to proc, but it's fun to watch that sword chase someone around in sub-50 PvP.
  • Wreuntzylla
    Wreuntzylla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Starlock wrote: »
    I don't have a favorite.

Back before the outfit system, I always ran one crafted set to control aesthetics. Ones I've found fun to use for the characters include:
    • Night's Silence - I used this on my thief to make her quicker while in stealth. Then I learned Shadow Dancer existed, a set far better suited to her build. Don't use it now, but it was golden at the time for me.
    • Whitestrake's Retribution - I used this set for a long time on my artificer while I was learning how to tank. The damage shield proc would save him when I messed up and provide a buffer for recovery. I miss using this set, honestly, and have considered using Imperuim to get that fun damage shield mechanic back.
    • Spectre's Eye - I had a lot of fun playing with this set on my vampire character, but ended up dumping it because the dodge chance just didn't proc enough to be worth it at all. Now that dodge chance has gone away, I might consider using this set again if I wasn't so in love with his current setup. Maybe on another character?
    • Eternal Hunt - I have a character whose concept in part revolved around wanting to use this set. It's so much fun to use, and I'm not at all disappointed that it's a hallmark of her build. Stamina wardens don't have much in the way of CC, and watching foes stumble into the traps she leaves is precious.
    • Kvatch Gladiator - While I don't use this on any of my characters right now, I played with it for a while and found the execute effect fun to use. I might use it on an other character concept at some point.

There are others that look pretty fun on paper, but I just haven't tried yet, so this is by no means a comprehensive list. There are also sets I've tried (or even use) that I don't like. I don't like Julianos or Hunding because they are painfully boring and pedestrian. I've used sets like Magnus' Gift, Seducer, and Torug's as well, but they are also rather boring. I tried building a character around the Morkuldin set only to find the proc rate is complete garbage. I played with Daedric Trickery, and while fun, the randomness and long cooldown weren't for me.

All the sets have niche purposes. In PvP, Kvatch Gladiator is very underrated, especially on a werewolf.
  • AdamskiAlders
    AdamskiAlders
    ✭✭✭
    I play mostly solo so Vampire's Kiss is by far and away my favourite. The heal on kill is an actual life-saver.
    Edited by AdamskiAlders on November 24, 2018 9:53AM
  • PS4_ZeColmeia
    PS4_ZeColmeia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pelinal's is my number 1 favorite. I'm almost to the point of making jewelry and then it'll also be TBS
    PSN: ***___Chan (3 _s)
    Hybrid, All-Role NB
  • Elwendryll
    Elwendryll
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Twice Born Star. Armor Master.

I spent several months fantasizing about these sets (And orgnum's scales), when they were the only 9 trait sets (before Orsinium. So, they're my favorite, I love them (even if they mainly take the dust in my bank), because I kind of... have a high respect for them? Because they were once an unattainable dream.
    PC - EU - France - AD
    Main character: Qojikrin - Khajiit Sorcerer Tank/Stamina DD - since March 25, 2015.
    Guildmaster of Oriflamme: Focus on 4 player endgame content.
    Member of Brave Cat Trade, Panda Division and Toadhuggers.

All 4-man trifectas - TTT, IR, GH
  • Solariken
    Solariken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Eternal Hunt is my favorite. Brilliant and fun set.

Shacklebreaker is also one of my favorites but only because my magicka toons starve so hard for stamina in PvP, I feel somewhat forced to run this a lot if the time.

• Thalidar
    Thalidar
    ✭✭✭
    I've got complete training gear sets of Brass to cover levels 16-50 & 160 for all my tanks. I've found it extremely good to use and possibly the best new player tanking set. I feel I'm literally indestructible. Then just throw on a good set, monster helm etc and I'm good to go.

Julianos for mag and Hundings for stam.
  • Suddwrath
    Suddwrath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Probably Kagrenac's Hope. I love how speedy my templar can rez people with it on. It's especially helpful in vAS.