Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

We Need a Pause on food time for BG queues

Azramel
Azramel
✭✭✭
If we still have to wait 15+ mins for a BG queue, we should be able to pause our food timer while we were sitting in town in no combat. Gold food is expensive to make and I waste half my timer waiting in queue. Just an idea but a good one I think.
  • brandonv516
    brandonv516
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe food/drinks should just pause in towns/cities in general. Like a separate buff when entering.
    Edited by brandonv516 on November 13, 2018 12:24AM
  • dpencil1
    dpencil1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe food/drinks should just pause in towns/cities in general. Like a separate buff when entering.

That's actually a really good idea. Like even from a role playing perspective the issue of needing food really pertains to being out adventuring rather than being in town where inns are abundant.

How about if all innkeepers were given the ability to "repair" your current food/drink buff, just like merchants repair armor. So it's like you went to the inn and ate that meal again before heading out to adventure.
  • Ramber
    Ramber
    ✭✭✭✭
    omg food is soooo cheap, deal man lol.
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ramber wrote: »

This, no reason to use gold food in PvP or pve, unless you can afford it, then you don't care about the price. An extra 266 of your damage stat is not worth the price.
  • Azramel
    Azramel
    ✭✭✭

This, no reason to use gold food in PvP or pve, unless you can afford it, then you don't care about the price. An extra 266 of your damage stat is not worth the price.

Read the original post. Its not about costs, its about wasting half a gold food timer on BG queues. It gets pretty ridiculous. Yesterday I played 3 BG matches in the time of 1 gold food with passives. 2 hours 20 minutes, and only 3 BG matches.
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Azramel wrote: »

Read the original post. Its not about costs, its about wasting half a gold food timer on BG queues. It gets pretty ridiculous. Yesterday I played 3 BG matches in the time of 1 gold food with passives. 2 hours 20 minutes, and only 3 BG matches.

if you dont care about the cost of the food, then why do you care how much time is used? you can just eat more.
  • Azramel
    Azramel
    ✭✭✭

if you dont care about the cost of the food, then why do you care how much time is used? you can just eat more.

why should i have to eat twice as much food to play less than half as much pvp in a BG compared to being in Cyrodiil for 2 and a half hours? Its not about costs for me because I can make my gold food, its about time. However, it could be about costs too. Regardless, it's not fair or rewarding to waste so much time or money to play such a short amount of time. It should be looked into.
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

why should i have to eat twice as much food to play less than half as much pvp in a BG compared to being in Cyrodiil for 2 and a half hours? Its not about costs for me because I can make my gold food, its about time. However, it could be about costs too. Regardless, it's not fair or rewarding to waste so much time or money to play such a short amount of time. It should be looked into.

giphy.gif

i really dont understand the problem, if you dont care about the cost to make the food then what is the deal, there is really no other reason to care. it takes like 5 minutes to cook up a 1000 food. hardly any time investment for the literal 97 days of purple food/gold food with 2 points into the correct passive, so that they last for 140 minutes.
    Edited by Lightspeedflashb14_ESO on November 16, 2018 10:56AM
  • NupidStoob
    NupidStoob
    ✭✭✭✭✭

giphy.gif

i really dont understand the problem, if you dont care about the cost to make the food then what is the deal, there is really no other reason to care. it takes like 5 minutes to cook up a 1000 food. hardly any time investment for the literal 97 days of purple food/gold food with 2 points into the correct passive, so that they last for 140 minutes.

Because other people care about the cost of food. Whats your interest in arguing against this anyways? You sell food or why does it matter to you? If you have no real argument against this than "hurr durr you don't care anyways" then get out.
  • Metafae
    Metafae
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honestly, if you're using gold buff food, you can afford to waste the money.

If you can't afford to waste the money, then don't use that food.

Simple really.

But the idea of having a "Food buff repair" option at an inn is pretty cool for role-play stuff.
  • bongtokin420insd16
    bongtokin420insd16
    ✭✭✭✭
    solution:

Go to cyro. Pop ur food, queue for BG's. rinse repeat. There. now your pvp'ing all the time even when waiting.
    Kaz_Wastelander PS4NA
  • CatchMeTrolling
    CatchMeTrolling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thread filled with m****s, sorry zos. This is towards the people that’s so adamant about arguing about why does someone care about pausing a food timer. Why do you care if you have no interest at all unless you just like to go back and forth with people. It’s pretty obvious that it’s a quality of life suggestion, that wouldn’t bother anyone unless they just look for something to argue about. Just because you don’t see the issue doesn’t mean there isn’t an issue or a different way something can be done.
    Edited by CatchMeTrolling on November 16, 2018 9:41PM
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Food and drink are so cheap except for a couple exceptions. No need to pause food or drink when in queue.
  • ATomiX96
    ATomiX96
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Metafae wrote: »
    Honestly, if you're using gold buff food, you can afford to waste the money.

If you can't afford to waste the money, then don't use that food.

Simple really.

But the idea of having a "Food buff repair" option at an inn is pretty cool for role-play stuff.

I'd take that idea further and say, as long as you are in an Inn (so you cant do anything else than being in there and roleplaying :trollface: ) your food timer stops until you leave it via BG Queue. Personally I dont care about Food Timers that much, as it doesnt break my bank tbh. 2 Hours+ for 4k isnt the end of the world, but the Inn Feature would be kinda neat.
    Edited by ATomiX96 on November 17, 2018 1:12PM